U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:19 PM

691 posts, read 209,326 times

Advertisements

yes and no. if aliens do live ( no matter what loose or strict definition of alien) its as possible as the fact that we live... so i can't see how it is our business or why we should care. until the time they make themselves our business we dont do anything worth while making ourselves their business.

So...

I dont care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 PM

15,068 posts, read 9,379,169 times
There have to be beings out there somewhere who are smarter than we humans. It wouldn't take much.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:36 PM

16,129 posts, read 17,057,479 times
It's a big universe. besdes this planet has thousands of life forms. It would be pretty arrogant to think we're the only ones.

Couple of hundred years ago we thought the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Believing we're (humans) are the only intelligent (and that's debatable) beings is a passenger on that thought train.
In some cases my dogs are smarter than some people.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:10 PM

3,376 posts, read 3,198,121 times
Certainly it's possible and highly likely there are alien civilizations on other planets around the galaxy.

But aliens living among us? Highly unlikely. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack the size of the planet.

Why? Because although the world is several billion years old, there's only been intelligent life here for about half a million years which is a tiny tiny blip in the history of the universe. And civilization that actually broadcasts its location out to the universe? Just a hundred years or so.

What's the likelihood that some intelligent race evolved at almost exactly the same time as ours, give or take a million years, perfected interstellar travel, found the Earth among millions and millions of planets, and came here? Not bloody likely is the answer.

Then, to add onto that, the aliens are always thought to look just like us, or partially like us, for example E.T. -- two eyes and four limbs -- and roughly our size as well. And can breathe our atmosphere, and drink our water. How likely is that? Very very unlikely.

So, no, I don't "believe" there are aliens among us. Sure, if an ET vessel were to land on the White House lawn or the United Nations plaza, then yes, we'll all believe it. But until then, it's just a fantasy people make up to explain the unexplained.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:30 PM

15,072 posts, read 7,817,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
Do you believe in aliens? Or maybe another species? in another universe? Have you ever seen a UFO? I have seen a couple weird things in the sky before that couldn't be explained.
When you look at the vastness of the universe, it seems probable to near certain that there would be aliens scattered about the universe. I watch Ancient Aliens which is interesting....I'm not convinced that there were ancient aliens that visited earth but I'm certainly not discounting that possibility.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:53 PM

3,868 posts, read 1,695,866 times
Given the sheer vastness of the universe & that we are like a teeny-tiny speck of dust it's almost ignorant to believe there are NOT aliens.

I saw a UFO one time, two years ago in broad daylight. It was transparent but obviously cigar-shaped because it had facets like a cut diamond that would catch the sunlight. I live in a city that is surrounded by 5 military bases; including NORAD & the high-security Shriver AFB & our airspace is tightly controlled. Within a minute or two, several military F-16's started pacing it, then became more assertive & started flying right at it.

There was no contest; it would hover & appear to "tumble" in place one second & the next it would have shot out of reach to hover & wait for them to catch up to it. Almost like it was toying with them. Many people saw it with me at the same time; we were all standing on the sidewalk together watching it but there was no mention of it in the media at all.

I have written many times here on CD about my Thunderbird experience & will try to refrain from boring everybody again about it but yes; I have definitely seen another species. Or more like a "thought to be extinct" speces.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:13 PM

2,670 posts, read 2,933,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blister peanuts
Then, to add onto that, the aliens are always thought to look just like us, or partially like us, for example E.T. -- two eyes and four limbs -- and roughly our size as well. And can breathe our atmosphere, and drink our water. How likely is that? Very very unlikely.
A civilisation evolving in the Goldilocks Zone of a planet will likely have the same kind of atmosphere and conditions as we do. Thats why its called the Goldilocks Zone because it is just the 'right' area and distance away from the star to be likely to have life on the planet. Yes, the ones who people say they see, do have similar looks to us but with modifications for space such as large eyes and less muscle. There is good reasons for that if you come from somewhere else out there.

There is no reason at all why ET should not be shaped like a rock and have no mobility for example. Their timescales would be different and their biology would be different, but they would NOT be the ones coming to Earth in spacecraft. Can you imagine a rhino or a dog with advanced intelligence piloting a spacecraft? As they were developing their civilisation, paws or rhino feet are not good with machines and making small parts. Fingers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blister peanuts
So, no, I don't "believe" there are aliens among us. Sure, if an ET vessel were to land on the White House lawn or the United Nations plaza, then yes, we'll all believe it. But until then, it's just a fantasy people make up to explain the unexplained.
You or anyone else would not believe it. CGI is so good these days that no-one believes the images we see on the screen. Some space footage we are shown intermixes real and CGI footage and they do not tell us some is fake. They think we do not realise.

Four-limbed ET figures are scary enough as it is. The facial features, skin, hands, feet etc are so unlike our expectation and religious conditioning that we will be treating them as evil devils just because of their looks. It is true however, they may not have the same morals, emotions, and agendas as we do, so it will take some getting used to.

Also we are going to be second place on the evolutionary ladder which we humans will not like at all.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 PM

1,553 posts, read 639,907 times
Another thought about life and what not ... maybe the universe needs only a single intelligent race. Tjos tp resolve multiple potential wave functions into particles. Without intelligent life, can the universe be anything but many potential probabilities? Until observed by an intellect, maybe the universe as we know it does not exist without us. If only one intelligent species is needed within the visible universe to cause physical manifestation, would there be any need for another?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:06 PM

2,670 posts, read 2,933,010 times
Quote:
If only one intelligent species is needed within the visible universe to cause physical manifestation, would there be any need for another?
Where there is one, why not others? 'need' here implies someone or something else has that 'need' and that starts another race down the rabbit hole. Why shouldn't our reality be a 3D holographic projection done by us ourselves to teach us something we want to learn? What actually IS physical manifestation? It is only a bunch of energy vibrating at a frequency which appears solid to us. To other dimensional beings it is not solid or physical either.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:18 PM

11,336 posts, read 19,261,020 times
Do I think there's other peoples out there? Yes.

Do I think aliens walk among us? No.

Look, half the people I know get told something in confidence and just burst at the seams to spill it. The other half like to lord it over you that they know something you don't know.

I can't tell you how many times this one person has told me a juicy tidbit "but this is between you and me"...only to hear it from someone else, who got it from her. And then two weeks later she yells at me for telling everyone ...

So, I can't believe that people could keep this to themselves. Even under duress...things slip out, people drink, and lose control, people get angry and lose control...

The truth of the matter is...if one person knows something it's a secret, if two people know it the cat is out of the bag...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or