U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:14 AM

3,639 posts, read 1,319,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That is too general a question. Do I believe it is possible that there is life beyond Earth? Sure. Maybe even likely. Do I believe those creatures are visiting Earth? I have never seen any conclusive evidence that is so.

Ditto. I have seen things in the sky for which I have no explanation. I have no reason to suppose they were alien craft. Just something I cannot explain. Until further evidence comes to light, they remain "unidentified."
Ditto this. Life without doubt exists beyond the planet. The idea that they are visiting earth is not impossible but exceedingly unlikely, 1 chance in billions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 06:39 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,843,917 times
Tallysmom - Except your friend was not threatened with murder and murder of her family.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 AM

902 posts, read 692,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Given the sheer vastness of the universe & that we are like a teeny-tiny speck of dust it's almost ignorant to believe there are NOT aliens.

I saw a UFO one time, two years ago in broad daylight. It was transparent but obviously cigar-shaped because it had facets like a cut diamond that would catch the sunlight. I live in a city that is surrounded by 5 military bases; including NORAD & the high-security Shriver AFB & our airspace is tightly controlled. Within a minute or two, several military F-16's started pacing it, then became more assertive & started flying right at it.

There was no contest; it would hover & appear to "tumble" in place one second & the next it would have shot out of reach to hover & wait for them to catch up to it. Almost like it was toying with them. Many people saw it with me at the same time; we were all standing on the sidewalk together watching it but there was no mention of it in the media at all.

I have written many times here on CD about my Thunderbird experience & will try to refrain from boring everybody again about it but yes; I have definitely seen another species. Or more like a "thought to be extinct" speces.
I sped the streets of Milwaukee back in 1975 chasing a UFO for 15 minutes in my car. When I finally caught up to it and jumped out of my car to look up, it vanished and a second later was hovering out over Lake Michigan. Had seen many of the same type of UFOs from 1973-1976, many times with 5-8 people along. We kept bringing friends along because nobody believed us. It only took one time for each person though to stop being a skeptic.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 AM

12,583 posts, read 6,887,828 times
I would have to agree that the law of large numbers would dictate that there are other species in the vast universe. However, I also believe that the distance between us is just too vast to be traveled.

Have I seen a UFO? Yes. Literally up close and personal. It was hoovering about two stories above a house that a friend and I were sleeping out in a tent. It made a humming noise and I looked out of the tent and told me friend to come and see this. It was saucer shaped with small windows all the way around it. It had red and white lights blinking in sequence. I climbed up on the fence to get a better look and it flew off at high speed and disappeared. It was unbelievable how fast it was.

Do I think it was alien? No. I think it was military. The windows closely resembled airplane windows and aircraft have red and white lights. My friend and I were about 12 at the time and it scared the crap pout of us.

(I had a paranormal experience there on another occasion, but that's for another thread.)

Old 07-24-2017, 09:06 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,132,535 times
Years ago, there was a delightful article in the National Enquirer (or one of those other wacky weeklies at the grocery store checkout line) about how to spot space aliens living amongst us.

They don't dress normally, the article stressed. They might, for example, wear a mis-matched top or a wrong color tie. They might not know the meaning of simple words in English. They are socially awkward and act odd. They say strange things and smile at the wrong time. They occasionally disappear for days at a time to "rejuvenate their energy".

Average folks' reaction: "Clearly, there must be a lot of space aliens where I work!"

Old 07-24-2017, 09:11 AM

671 posts, read 304,753 times
I doubt it.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:31 AM

11,199 posts, read 19,000,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Tallysmom - Except your friend was not threatened with murder and murder of her family.
Even then. For a few years, lips will be zipped.....after a few years, there will be a barbecue, beer, and talk will turn to UFOs and drunk person will say something. Now in conspiracy theories, if I were writing it....the person that talked would have a disinformation program started against him. His life would be ruined. Much cleaner than killing. Who would believe someone who...did horrible heinous things that shock people. There would be proof, doctored videos, sales receipts, manipulation of credit card statements, eye witnesses....totally discredit him.

Now you're going to tell me this has happened. In the movies and books, yes. In reality....I don't buy it. Conspiracy theories are fun. But not real.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:34 AM

11,199 posts, read 19,000,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And how do you know this, if she didn't open her big mouth.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:51 PM

815 posts, read 382,181 times
In college I saw about 7 UFOs in the sky. Then a week later there were 2 aliens behind a garbage dumpster at Arby's.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:52 PM

1,855 posts, read 1,183,335 times
I believe in aliens, I am one, and no one would believe it. It took year to learn the language, customs, and idiosyncrasies of the native population. I have reached total immersion into this society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or