U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:33 PM

2,433 posts, read 1,025,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That's a buzzing sound...not footsteps. I got it, I know...
Well, I have it too. And it isn't always a buzzing sound for me. But this post was meant in jest, not meant to be a medical diagnosis.

Hoot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 10:26 PM

4,447 posts, read 6,718,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And "spirits" would never be able to cause doors to slam, lights to go on and off, and phones to ring? Yet, somehow, they do. But I agree; I'd like to know the science behind that. It's the million dollar question.
Well, when do you send me my million dollars?
Any one who has read my post over the years ,know I have been involved with research to better educate myself as to knowing all I can about spirits.

Actually the ability to do the things you mentioned, is not scientific at all, it is a thought process by the spirits.
If a spirit desires something, it only has to engage in thought to make it so.
I do however feel, making the sound of footsteps would be out of the realm of the spirits.
Obviously they can, and do cause many physical actions that some of us are able to hone in on.

An example of the thought process was quoted in the book "Life after life", by Raymond Moody.
It dealt with a husband who passed, leaving his wife of many years.
They had shared life together, raised a family, and had a comfortable house.

In a contact event with his wife after passing, he told her he had a house just like the one they had shared, and all was beautiful.
He explained that he only had to think it,and it was there.
Perhaps physically in the spirit world, the house was not there , but in the thoughts of that spirit the house was very real.
I have been witness too paranormal behavior in my own house, with objects moving, and in later EVP session with my deceased partner, he told me it was he, that was responsible for these objects moving.

As for the op's husband hearing footsteps, I am of the opinion it has something to do with his subconscious, and not paranormal behavior by some spirit.
Many of our day to day experiences can trigger a subconscious event.

Bob.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:06 AM

134 posts, read 67,950 times
Call Ms Lorraine Warren

Old 07-30-2017, 12:40 AM

1,844 posts, read 987,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That's a buzzing sound...not footsteps. I got it, I know...
tinnitus sufferer here too. I only wish it sounded like footsteps.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:34 AM

9,556 posts, read 13,338,748 times
In those days and few days before it started, did yiu have normal marital relationship before he fell asleep? men can go very strange when some aspects of their nature are not attended.

Crème Fraiche | South Park Archives | FANDOM powered by Wikia

It's very educational to watch.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:57 AM

9,102 posts, read 2,617,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
I'm a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. This a.m. my husband told me that for 6 nights he had heard footsteps in the house. At first he thought I was up and about but no. (I'm the first owner of this house and first house on this property although ancient Anazasi indians were here hundreds of years ago. ) What do you think? A spirit?

Both ghosts and demons can manifest these sounds.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 PM

3,717 posts, read 1,619,278 times
I do know some have experienced hearing footsteps & have an established belief that it is paranormal.

Houses do make strange noises; especially at night (well; you can hear them more at night) & if there have been temperature fluctuations a houses heating/cooling systems will creak & ping & ding & echo through the vents.

I live in Anasazi territory too & the temperatures can go from the 90's+ during the day to the 40's over night & back up to the 90's & all in less than 18 hours. That can cause a structure to flex & make sometimes rythmic noises

But I would never tell someone that hearing footsteps in the absence of actual feet could NOT be paranormal because who am I to think I know everything?

Heck; the more I think about it, that sentence should read "Who am I to think I know ANYTHING"! Seriously; the older I get the more I realize how little I know.

Some people "hear". I don't.

I've just never been sensitive in that way. When some people "hear"; it's time to build an ark. If I were to "hear"; it probably means I need to take a nap.

Some people "dream". I don't.

If I dream something unusual or seemingly prophetic or foreboding; it probably means my dinner didn't agree with me & sometimes it happens when I'm sick & running a fever. But others do dream & that is their gift/curse/cross to bear.

I have my own: I have at times "seen". And I have always "felt".

I tend to be pretty hard on myself as far as what I allow myself to consider being "not of this world". I have called myself skeptical before. But I don't want to live life with my head stuck in the sand & I feel like those who think everything has paranormal significance are just as oblivious as those who think that nothing does.

If it is real; there will be a balance. Some of my thought process:

Was I overtired? Was there a glare? Reflection? Did I read something earlier that provoked a bit of anxiety (I've noticed that if something bothers me & I don't acknowledge it right away, it will run it's own course & lead to the gloom/doom feeling)?

I note your husband has been hearing this for 6 nights? As in 6 nights straight? Bear in mind that sleep deprivation is notorious for causing atypical auditory perceptions.

And then:

Why would that have happened? What would the significance be? Would it be meant for me or am I close to someone who can't/won't be reached & I am the middle-man (this has happened to me)?

I know; I probably over-think things a lot but I suppose it's better than under-thinking them (or just not thinking).

Old 08-02-2017, 08:53 AM

4,654 posts, read 4,015,063 times
In our home, which is 20 years old and only one owner before us, we have heard "footsteps" as well. Both DH and I have heard them separately. I was really spooked because I knew DH was out for several hours at night when I heard what sounded like several loud steps on the upstairs hardwood floor. The sounds of the steps even seemed to move across the ceiling as they would if someone were crossing the floor upstairs. Armed with my handgun, I slowly went up the stairs and checked each bedroom and closet, checked the laundry and the garage. No one there.

I mentioned it to my DH when he got home. He said he heard it before, but figured out what it was. It always happens when it's very quiet. Why is it quiet? Because the a/c (or heat) had just turned off, and after that noise ceases it becomes super quiet, and then as the temperature of the ducts warm up (or cool down if the heat was on), the metal duct sort of pops as it expands and contracts. As one section of duct pops, it puts pressure on the next section until that pops, and so on. That's why the sound seemed to be "walking" across the floor. Now we know exactly when we can expect to hear our phantom footsteps.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:37 PM

50 posts, read 17,826 times
Have heard strange footseps in my apartment too somtimes they would come from right behind me.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:02 PM

10,193 posts, read 12,150,218 times
There have been cases of strangers living in attics or crawlspaces of people's houses more then many realize. I would check the house very carefully to make sure all is clear. Other then that there's probably not much to worry about unless disturbances increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal