Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,107 times

Advertisements

My 13 yr. old grandson lives with me. The other day I watching tv and he was in his room down the hall. Suddenly, I hear him bellow as only 13 yr. boys can do.. "I can't live like this anymore'.. but he said it in such a way that I thought maybe we lost internet connection. He sounded more frustrated or annoyed than anything.
So, I asked him 'what now?".. and he said he was sitting on his bed playing video games and out of the corner of his eye he saw his headphones fly off the dresser and land in the middle of the floor. There is no way they could have fallen off the nightstand and landed where they did.
So, I walked further into his room to look for a reasonable explanation as to why they landed where they did and as I walked deeper into his room I suddenly felt like I was surrounded by gentle static electricity. It felt like tiny gentle pinpricks all over my body. I had shorts on and I could even feel them on my legs. I backed away and didn't feel it anymore.

What the heck was that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 12:23 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
That's intriguing.
When your grandson indicated that he couldn't live like that anymore,
did he elaborate on that? In other words, it seems like the headphones
incident is just another in a series of occurrences. Did he mention what
else had been going on that lead to his feeling as though he can't take
it anymore?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
That's intriguing.
When your grandson indicated that he couldn't live like that anymore,
did he elaborate on that? In other words, it seems like the headphones
incident is just another in a series of occurrences. Did he mention what
else had been going on that lead to his feeling as though he can't take
it anymore?
I'll have to ask him if he's had any other experiences.. I just don't want to scare him. When I got that static-y feeling I was so taken aback that I never thought to ask him if he's had other experiences he hasn't told me about. He did mention a few weeks ago that somebody knocked on his window. It's a second story window so whatever it was wasn't a person. I just brushed it off and said it was probably something from the tree that blew into his window.

He's been creeped out by his room since he's been little though and honestly, so have I and I don't know why. Nobody died in that room as far as I know. We're the second owners of the home.. the first ones got divorced.

I've posted what I"m about to say before.. One night when he was young he was having night terrors which he had almost nightly when he was little, so I laid down next to him until he fell asleep and I fell asleep too. When I woke an hour or so later I looked at his face and it looked like a grinning demon face. But when I looked away and then back again it was his normal face. What really got to me though is that when I would lay down with my grandson after that.. if I turned my face away from him he'd ask me to face his way. When I asked him why, he said I look like a scary smiling guy when I faced away from him. I'm wondering if we saw the same thing. After that when he left for school I went into his room and told whatever it was to go away, and put religious medals in his room.. and I'm not even Catholic.

It's actually only been this last year that he's slept in his bedroom full time. Up until this last year I'd find him sleeping on my bedroom floor in the morning, and he's a tough kid! He's not one of those kids who are afraid of everything. He's fallen asleep in the basement watching tv and been fine. He insists on sleeping with a nightlight on.. but yet when he'd sleep on my floor it was in complete darkness.. and he also refuses to use his closet or have the closet door open. I thought he was just being somewhat lazy and not wanting to hang up his clothes.. but I'll have to ask him if something in his closet upsets him in some way.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:26 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Well, you have our attention now, OP!

Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
I suspect you do have something. Might want to move him to a different room for a while.
I have had a few mischievous spirits in my homes, they tend to be less active (and more helpful) if you acknowledge them and accept them as a fellow resident. So wether you feel something or not, start talking to it. Don't be rude, just pose curious questions or make kind accepting statements such as, 'okay, we know you are here! This is very odd for us, if we have offended you, we are sorry.' 'What can we do for you? Who are you? Why are you here?'... Of course you may not 'hear' the answers, but usually giving them attention is really all they want. You can even ask, 'I've misplaced my keys, help me find them'. Of course the latter comes after a bit of time after accepting the spirit.
Doing this will give you a better idea of what you have. Then if it continues to be nasty, you can take the next step in solving the problem, what ever that may be.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:28 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
Maybe there is a faulty ground somewhere in that room and your grandson actually tossed the headphones in the same fit of frustration that made him yell: "I can't live like this anymore'. Kids lie sometimes.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I suspect you do have something. Might want to move him to a different room for a while.
I have had a few mischievous spirits in my homes, they tend to be less active (and more helpful) if you acknowledge them and accept them as a fellow resident. So wether you feel something or not, start talking to it. Don't be rude, just pose curious questions or make kind accepting statements such as, 'okay, we know you are here! This is very odd for us, if we have offended you, we are sorry.' 'What can we do for you? Who are you? Why are you here?'... Of course you may not 'hear' the answers, but usually giving them attention is really all they want. You can even ask, 'I've misplaced my keys, help me find them'. Of course the latter comes after a bit of time after accepting the spirit.
Doing this will give you a better idea of what you have. Then if it continues to be nasty, you can take the next step in solving the problem, what ever that may be.
I've asked him if he would be more comfortable in the spare bedroom which is right next to his anyway, and he said no. As long as his closet door is shut he say's he's okay. When it's open he said he feels like someone is watching him.

As far as speaking to it. I felt like an idiot but I did that when we were hearing footsteps walk across my bedroom upstairs while we were downstairs. I posted about that here too and some said it could be the wood floors, or the ac or heating vents contracting which I was perfectly willing to accept. After I spoke to it, and prayed as someone else suggested we didn't hear any more footsteps. I even waited an entire year through winter and summer and there weren't any more footstep sounds so it couldn't have been vents or wood floors creaking. We also had the 'bedsitter' at the same time and that hasn't been back either. My husband also heard the bedsitter so it wasn't just me.

I don't know what's going on or why. Quite a few times now my husband claims he heard me call his name when he's been upstairs but it wasn't me. He's always been a skeptic but even he's starting to wonder what's going on. That's a new thing that's never happened before just like the static feeling that I can't explain. I've been in my grandson's room after that and also many times before that but never felt surrounded by any static charge at all except for that one night.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Maybe there is a faulty ground somewhere in that room and your grandson actually tossed the headphones in the same fit of frustration that made him yell: "I can't live like this anymore'. Kids lie sometimes.
I don't pretend to know anything about electricity or faulty grounds but wouldn't that happen every time I went in there? I would imagine if it was faulty wiring or something.. wouldn't I feel it through my feet? At the time and in that one spot I felt surrounded by light static. We've been living here since '99, and I've never felt that before and I haven't felt it since.

He was wearing a different pair of headphones at the time. The ones that landed on the floor were about 4 ft from where I know he was sitting because he was playing video games with the door open.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I don't pretend to know anything about electricity or faulty grounds but wouldn't that happen every time I went in there? I would imagine if it was faulty wiring or something.. wouldn't I feel it through my feet? At the time and in that one spot I felt surrounded by light static. We've been living here since '99, and I've never felt that before and I haven't felt it since.

He was wearing a different pair of headphones at the time. The ones that landed on the floor were about 4 ft from where I know he was sitting because he was playing video games with the door open.
Then I change my explanation to: "unexplained".

Old 08-05-2017, 01:34 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
I would definitely ask him, as casually as possible, what he meant by that (what he said about not being able to live like this anymore). Probably best to have asked it "in the moment" that he said it, but that ship has sailed. Just try not to be spooky about it when you ask. Don't indicate that you think something weird is going on. Just "Hey son, what did you mean by that? You doing okay?" Don't try to ask him leading questions. It might be something completely unrelated that he was responding to.

I have no answer to you about flying headphones. I do know that even pre-teens/young teens can get spooked by stories of the supernatural, and they are very easily influenced by these topics. Keep things light and un-scary as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal