U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 08:02 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,265,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
Vasily,

I plainly was addressing those whose minds were not settled upon accepting rebirth. For those who do not find it true or of value, like you, so be it.

I value goodness, wisdom, virtue and holiness in whomever may live so.
OK, you were wanting to say "for those who are still undecided". I'm glad you too value goodness wherever it's found.

I hope you do however understand that the phrase "minds are still open" can be taken to imply a value judgement on those who you think do not have open minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 09:54 PM

1,653 posts, read 549,129 times
Well, FWIW, I broke off all relations with this person a few days ago. Gently and unobtrusively I arranged matters so that we will not be seeing each other again. I cannot continue longing for a connection which cannot and should not exist or impede the normal course of someone's life. I think I did it in a way which didn't cause any harm or seem peculiar.

I know this person is the only person whom I have genuinely loved, and it's painful, but it will be less painful, in time. What a very odd experience. But I am left with all the positive influences they had on me, and I don't believe those influences will change.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:11 PM

1,653 posts, read 549,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Kara, if you're interested in learning more about reincarnation, you might see what you can find in a search like this one:

Universities with departments on reincarnation

You'll find very credible Professors of large universities who have studied reincarnation for years. I'm skeptical about a lot of things, but after doing a lot of reading on the topic, I'm convinced reincarnation is real.
I remember encountering things of this sort in the past in my general reading. I can't dismiss the notion of reincarnation entirely but it really is not my frame of reference. Human beings sometimes have a little streak of madness, and wishful thinking or some other proclivity takes on the aura of truth. I can't pretend something is true just because I want it to be true.

I've been indulging in listening to a lot of smarmy love songs, famous ones sung by Tony Bennett, Harry Connick Jr., Michael Bouble, Ray Charles and others. I never really understood what all of that was about until recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal