U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:00 AM

36 posts, read 6,536 times

Advertisements

These feelings are finally gone because I know it is an absurdity, but for several months I felt I was in love with someone, many decades younger than me. And that we had been together in other lifetimes. Nothing happened between us, and nothing should, and won't! While quite young, this person appears to have a much older spirit. I have no history of being attracted to young people, or any perversion, though my rational mind tells me this is what it is. Am I just lonely? It's over now but I wonder if what I thought could be accurate. I would rather die than hurt this person or interfere in their life.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 08:57 AM

728 posts, read 612,070 times
If you believe in the possibility of NDEs (near death experiences), reincarnation is a common theme. Many are told if they don't go back to their bodies, they will just reincarnate until they complete their task(s). The early christian church and jews believed in it as well, hindus and many others today believe in it. I've come to the conclusion it happens as well.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:29 AM

109 posts, read 18,054 times
Personally l believe in near death in some cases but not reincarnation .
Reason being , that logically speaking , well to me anyway haha, is that we have close 7 billion people on the planet right.
But how many people did we start off with ?
l don't know unless we believe in Adam and Eve but whatever the case, it wasn't very many.
So in theory reincarnation is an impossibility because there's billions more people now than we started off with.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:48 PM

I'm completely skeptical about anything supernatural. There may always be some other explanation. So I'm definitely not a believer. It just *seems* like a logical explanation.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:40 AM

4,056 posts, read 1,834,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
These feelings are finally gone because I know it is an absurdity, but for several months I felt I was in love with someone, many decades younger than me. And that we had been together in other lifetimes. Nothing happened between us, and nothing should, and won't! While quite young, this person appears to have a much older spirit. I have no history of being attracted to young people, or any perversion, though my rational mind tells me this is what it is. Am I just lonely? It's over now but I wonder if what I thought could be accurate. I would rather die than hurt this person or interfere in their life.

Your thoughts?
I do not see the mystery in this at all. I would say a lot of US pop culture is based on the worship of youth and my personal feeling is that the stories of vampires somehow involve the old sucking the life (youth) out of the young for personal benefit.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I do not see the mystery in this at all. I would say a lot of US pop culture is based on the worship of youth and my personal feeling is that the stories of vampires somehow involve the old sucking the life (youth) out of the young for personal benefit.
Well, I don't care much for popular culture and I'm not going to do anything like that.

I don't get the vampire thing, either. I watched one program in that genre, was not entertained, and never watched again.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:24 AM

4,056 posts, read 1,834,653 times
Quote:
Well, I don't care much for popular culture and I'm not going to do anything like that.

I don't get the vampire thing, either. I watched one program in that genre, was not entertained, and never watched again.
Yes, you are different. Yet here you are attracted to someone decades younger than you...like millions have been before you and millions will be after you.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Yes, you are different. Yet here you are attracted to someone decades younger than you...like millions have been before you and millions will be after you.
And I have no history whatsoever, feeling such an attraction. So maybe the reincarnation thing is just a rationalization. Otherwise there is no ethical integrity in what I felt.

If it matters, I didn't have these feelings and then cast around for some excuse. The apparent intuition that this person was a previously known entity, came first.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 08-11-2017 at 07:56 AM..

Old 08-11-2017, 09:18 AM

10,166 posts, read 15,577,324 times
Quote:

Your thoughts?
Plenty of threads on reincarnation here if you do a search.

But just remember the modern concept of "reincarnation" is just a westernized/bastardized pop-culture version (propagated by romantacized modern movies and books) of eastern religious concepts that have NOTHING to do with remembering past lives.

However since this is the "unexplained mysteries" forum you are going to have people that rationalize your belief, and I suspect that's what you want to hear. If you want a more objective opinion post in the relationship forum.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:34 AM

5,394 posts, read 4,608,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Plenty of threads on reincarnation here if you do a search.

But just remember the modern concept of "reincarnation" is just a westernized/bastardized pop-culture version (propagated by romantacized modern movies and books) of eastern religious concepts that have NOTHING to do with remembering past lives.

However since this is the "unexplained mysteries" forum you are going to have people that rationalize your belief, and I suspect that's what you want to hear. If you want a more objective opinion post in the relationship forum.

Don't do that, lol. There's nothing rational about love and attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal