Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:25 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I would like to agree with you, however species of animal are still found that we don't know about. I think it's rational to say that humans cannot cover every square inch of ground enough to know that every species of creature has been identified. We just don't know.
I would think a large mammal in a developed, first-world country would find a way to make itself known. I can't say I feel strongly on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
tos

Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling, not unlike a Urbanite going onto the Rural board and telling them they are all idiots for living in the country.

I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
I haven't read every post so forgive me if this point has been addressed. I feed a few deer in winter. I'm 6' and 210 lbs. and if need be, I'm pretty sure I could tackle a doe, even at 66 years of age.

If I was 8' tall and a proportionate weight, I would have no need to drown a deer. If I could catch it, I could break its neck in a heartbeat. So, the whole trying-to-drown-the-deer thing doesn't quite ring true.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:04 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
My issue here is you have if true is a million dollar story but a two bit explanation as to why you are not interested in pursuing any follow up on this.

A good example. You have a elderly relative who is on their deathbed. Your uncle is there. The elderly person confesses to your Uncle that they buried a million dollars in gold on this deer lease in Alabama. Tells him exactly where it is located. Then they pass away. Your uncle tells your father and you about this. But you uncle decides against looking for it because no one is allowed on the property and if they told the property owner the truth the owner would look for it themselves or they will think he has a crazy story and won't believe him. Sound familiar?

When finding the truth with someone and I did loss prevention work for a time, you look for the truth in what they are doing or going to do, not in what they are saying.

Your story is interesting. Your reasons for inaction makes no sense in the context of a huge payday. It does make sense if all you are trying to do is promote some videos and get a few bucks from google if they get popular.

How much do YouTubers make when each of their videos get 50k, 100k, 500k, 1m, and 1.5m views?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-Yo...and-1-5m-views
No, it doesn't sound familiar. As I said before, he isn't looking for a payday. He is simply trying to find a way to share what he saw without his name being attached to it.

I am not interested in pursuing it because I have a life 400 miles from there. If you look at the map location, there are tens of thousands of acres that one would have to search to hope to find anything. Knowing the land owners (who aren't the nicest of people) I have no desire to raise red flags with them by asking for permission to run around their property and take time off work, pull my kids from school, and drag them to South Alabama to try to track down whatever it was in a swamp full of snakes and who knows what else. And if I DID find something, whose to say what it might do? Sorry, but while the story intrigues me, it doesn't interest me enough to try and hunt it down. I can't say that I'd know exactly what I was looking for. The potential reward to finding something doesn't outweigh the risk for me.

I'm not promoting any video. I don't know MK Davis, and my uncle doesn't know how to use Youtube. As I've said before, I don't really know what he saw, but he is convinced that he knows what he saw. That was enough to convince me that he saw something he has never seen before.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:16 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Can you give me a specific personal attack since you are making the accusation?

Sure. These are just from the first 3 pages. . You're questioning anything I tell you as if I am intentionally lying about what HE told ME that HE saw. I don't get how it's that difficult for some of you to understand that I am not, was not, nor will be there to see any of it for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell
No offense, but he should've just kept it to himself.

'I shut off the camera...for no good reason.'

'Why?!?!'

'Ummmm...I dunno, no good reason.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard
I do not find these things challenging. As a matter of fact there is nothing in this thread that I find challenging. Even the poor video and the fact that the camera was turned off makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman
You created the video so I am sure you know. Anybody can create a sound and record it.

Big red flag for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder
REALLY?????? That's your response????? This whole thing is just another trip down a silly rabbit hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell
That's absolutely right, this one guy did.

Oh, by the way--he turned off his camera at a pivotal moment, it would appear.

Quote:

A quick search shows that there are numerous articles on black bears in Southern Alabama increasing. Can you tell us the specific area?

If you go to the link I posted to Google maps, you can see the area. Will I pinpoint the exact location? Absolutely not, and I've explained why already. But that pin on the map is within a 20 mile radius of where it occurred.

Quote:
Was it about revenue or reputation? Because it stands he could have made much more from the first video of a Bigfoot than in his business. If it was about reputation you believe him, I am sure others would as well.....ESPECIALLY WITH VIDEO.

It's about his reputation. His revenue comes from his income with his lawncare service. He isn't looking to get into the business of bigfoot hunting. He simply wanted to share what he saw. He didn't know MK was going to put it online, but didn't ask him to take it down since MK did make sure not to tell his identity. And for the one millionth time in this thread, if he had known what he was walking up on he would have made a better effort to record it. If it was as unsettling as dad says it was when he saw my uncle, I can understand the video being the last thing on his mind.

If you feel like you're being threatened, do you stop to take a video or try to find your way out of the situation unharmed?

Quote:
Also you posted this in a forum so people are going to ask questions and make points. If your uncle had posted this we would have asked him.

Asking questions and making points are one thing... but trying multiple times to either accuse ME of making the video for Youtube hits (I don't even have a YT channel.....) or to say that it must be fake because we aren't trying to go make a fortune off it is ridiculous.

Quote:
Can you post what this personal attack was? Because accusing me of making a personal attack when I did not is in fact a personal attack. Thank you.

See above.....

I said "people". If you feel that you fall into that category, then you already answered your own question.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I haven't read every post so forgive me if this point has been addressed. I feed a few deer in winter. I'm 6' and 210 lbs. and if need be, I'm pretty sure I could tackle a doe, even at 66 years of age.

If I was 8' tall and a proportionate weight, I would have no need to drown a deer. If I could catch it, I could break its neck in a heartbeat. So, the whole trying-to-drown-the-deer thing doesn't quite ring true.
How d you know what a BF does every time. Why can't they kill different ways? Most tell me they grab them by the back legs and SLAm them into a tree. That doesn't mean they wouldn't kill one if there were no tree around.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:03 PM

From Tallysmom.

New BIGFOOT thread guidelines
I've been very busy of late -- car accident (I'm fine) sick kitty (she's better), and work -- and I haven't had time to clear up the other thread, but it will be cleared...

Following the new guidelines. Infracting will be starting SOON -- I will be referring miscreants to this thread. In fairness, I feel I need to let people know I am being tough here, because I was trying to not be "that Mod"... You all know you are not allowed to attack about belief systems.

Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling, not unlike a Urbanite going onto the Rural board and telling them they are all idiots for living in the country.

I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.

Posts that are fighting over and over and over about the same evidence or lack of evidence may also be deleted. When it starts being "yeah huh" "nuh-huh" back and forth to me that's the end of the thread.

I will add to this as necessary.... and trust me -- it will be...

Old 08-22-2017, 12:12 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
OP, you know where this location is as does your father.

My suggestion is that you get a nice quality camera with a good zoom and set up a blind.

You've literally been handed a winning lottery ticket, to not go back out there and cash it in seems ridiculous to me.

If someone told me this and I believed them I'd be back out there trying to make a couple million dollars with solid conclusive footage.

If not you or your father certainly you've got some cousins or good friends that would love to make more with a single film than they will if they work until they are 70?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:42 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Sure. These are just from the first 3 pages. . You're questioning anything I tell you as if I am intentionally lying about what HE told ME that HE saw. I don't get how it's that difficult for some of you to understand that I am not, was not, nor will be there to see any of it for myself.
Questioning you is not a personal attack. Free thought is not a personal attack.
Quote:
If you go to the link I posted to Google maps, you can see the area. Will I pinpoint the exact location? Absolutely not, and I've explained why already. But that pin on the map is within a 20 mile radius of where it occurred.
Thank you, I will check it out later.
Quote:
It's about his reputation. His revenue comes from his income with his lawncare service. He isn't looking to get into the business of bigfoot hunting. He simply wanted to share what he saw. He didn't know MK was going to put it online, but didn't ask him to take it down since MK did make sure not to tell his identity. And for the one millionth time in this thread, if he had known what he was walking up on he would have made a better effort to record it. If it was as unsettling as dad says it was when he saw my uncle, I can understand the video being the last thing on his mind.

If you feel like you're being threatened, do you stop to take a video or try to find your way out of the situation unharmed?
In the woods? If I heard two animals fighting I would probably go up and see what was going on as he did. If I had the camera rolling my biggest concern would be to get it landscape. This is not because I am fearless or that I am tough but because I would be very curious. If I hear two animals fighting I know where they are, if it was a big animal I would like to see what I may run into if I come back and it is not fighting and is in fact silent, which would be more dangerous to me. I have not been to the woods in southern Alabama but in the midwest and midatlantic I have never felt scared in the woods. It is weird but I am always more curious than anything in woods. My biggest concern was with a pack of wild dogs that I heard at night, which I know can be dangerous.
Quote:
Asking questions and making points are one thing... but trying multiple times to either accuse ME of making the video for Youtube hits (I don't even have a YT channel.....) or to say that it must be fake because we aren't trying to go make a fortune off it is ridiculous.
Following the money is usually a good place to start.
Quote:
See above.....

I said "people". If you feel that you fall into that category, then you already answered your own question.
Direct quote from you in response to me:

"You can choose to throw personal attacks until your heart is content. It doesn't change anything."

Old 08-23-2017, 08:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Okay -- reopened. NOW... just because you don't like being questioned -- that is not a personal attack. No one is calling anyone a liar, and idiot or anything rude. This is a discussion board -- if no one discusses, the forum dies.

Regarding taking video... just went outside to record my cat getting cussed out by a squirrel. There was tons of chittering and tail shaking. I took a minute and totally missed the squirrel, and then missed Beezer losing interest. I got pictures of tree, and more tree and ground.

That was under no stress at all. So trust me -- there are a lot of people who miss the event, when they are stressed out! I can't imagine stress turns people into Fellini!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal