Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:18 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times

Advertisements

For 35 years I've always heard stories about bigfoot, but have always been extremely skeptical. I mean, with modern technology there should be a clear video image, right?

This past weekend my opinion has been significantly changed. This is a long story, but it's significantly changed the way my family sees things, so please bear with me.

Backstory (and an explanation of why I believe what I now do):

I'm from a small town in South Alabama that most have never heard of. We grew up right off the Alabama river. The area is very wooded and extremely swampy. My dad and uncle owned a logging company when I was really young logging those swamps. My uncle is 6'4" 280 lbs. He's always been a straight shooter and as I was, an extreme skeptic. I've never seen him afraid of anything and he has an excellent reputation in the community for being honest.

Dad finally retired his construction business, so lately when people have been calling him to do work for him he has been declining. My uncle owns a lawncare service (also retired at 65) and at times he gets slow. Dad has been sending folks to him to do small repairs for them.

My uncle got a call a few weeks back to go to a hunting camp down on the river to replace a couple of exterior doors to prepare for this coming deer season. While he was replacing a back door, he began hearing an awful growling and yelling echoing across the pond behind the cabin. He pulled out his phone and began recording the sound. Eventually curiosity got the better of him and he decided to walk up the old camp road towards a nearby creek where the sound began to get louder. About 100 yards from the creek the growling stopped. He could then hear splashing in the creek.

At that point he thought an alligator had managed to grab one of the cattle that graze through there. He decided to film it. As he was walking up the road he came into sight of a deer struggling in the creek. Just as he came into view of the deer, he hears a low and loud grumble. He sees something hairy over the deer, attempting to drown it in the creek. Not thinking, he shuts the camera off.

He yells out thinking its some sort of animal and continues walking towards it on the road hoping to run it away from the deer. The thing stands up and that is when my uncle went into full panic mode. It had been kneeling over the deer. The thing was close to 8 ft tall. Brownish/tan hair over its entire body. The creepiest thing about it was its eyes. My uncle said they were glowing in the daylight. It stood there for a moment and quickly turned and ran up the bank and disappeared.

During this time he was standing in disbelief all the while trying to find the record button on his phone without looking away from the creature. His concern was that if he looked away, it could charge him and be on him before he had an opportunity to do anything. When the thing ran up the bank the area got dead quiet. Thinking it may be flanking him, he quickly ran back to his truck and left the area.

Dad called this weekend and said in his 62 years on this earth, he has NEVER seen my uncle upset. When my uncle found him to show him what he had seen, dad said he was as white as a sheet and in tears. Dad called my cousin, who is an editor for a local newspaper and had my uncle send him the video. My cousin sent it to MK Davis, a well known video editor who had the software to debunk the video. After a week, MK released the video on Youtube under the agreement to keep my uncle anonymous. MK has been unable to disprove the video. After further review, he called my uncle to inform him that there were two of these creatures in the video and it appeared that there was an adult on the bank appearing to coach the adolescent in the creek in how to drown a deer. MK released another video showing the adolescent's arm appearing to try to roll the deer onto its back while holding it under water.

My uncle is still shook up. So much in fact, that he called the landowner and refused to go back and finish the work for him. He won't tell the landowner why, as the property is private and he doesn't ever want someone to find the area and the landowner to figure out that it came from his video and blame him for their trespassing. Even moreso, he doesn't want the landowner or anyone else going to try and search for whatever he ran across.

You can see both videos on Youtube. I cannot post the link at work, but if it is allowed feel free to link them in the thread. I just had to share this experience after talking with my dad and uncle. I may have to look more into this bigfoot thing. There may be more to it than we knew.

The first video that he recorded is titled "Alabama Bigfoot growls".
The second is titled "MK Davis discusses the Swamp booger".
The latest video is titled "More on the Alabama Booger video".

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:02 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Thoughts?
Entertaining but ultimately inconclusive. I saw something in the video. No idea what it was. Something moving in the water. But the video quality was too poor to see a deer, a sasquatch, or any glowing eyes.

But here is what I don't understand: If you're filming a sasquatch, why not zoom in? Why have the money shot up in the very top of your screen where no one can see it? And why turn the phone off???

Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
I watched the video, but have to agree with Mark. I did see something that might have been eyes, but the picture quality was very bad. He turned the phone off. This seems to be a common thing, every Sasquatch video has been very poor quality, or instead of zooming in, there is nothing to see.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 PM

30,138 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Amazing that in 2017 with all the high quality iPhones and other recording devices that the video quality is still in 1972 at least when we are looking for Bigfoot or UFO's or any of this kind of thing.

And I am confused. I thought Bigfoot was in N. California. I went by Happy Camp up there years ago and they have a tribute to Bigfoot. Now he is in Alabama.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:07 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
He sees something hairy over the deer, attempting to drown it in the creek. Not thinking, he shuts the camera off.
That is the part that for the life of me I do not understand. Great shots of bushes, but when it comes time to video bigfoot, he turns the phone off???

Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 AM

248 posts, read 803,133 times
He should set up some trail cams along that creek and surrounding area.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That is the part that for the life of me I do not understand. Great shots of bushes, but when it comes time to video bigfoot, he turns the phone off???
Sure makes it easy to refute him by his turning it off. One thing for sure that it is a very shocking event for most anyone the first time and almost anytime. I know that from experience . Quite a few when questioned why they did this or didn't do that" They reply i don't know and you weren't there!

THE CREEKS! CREEKS! THEY ALWAYS FOLLOW THE CREEKS!

When you get down and follow the creeks you will eventually start finding tracks. When MK Davis gives it his okay i accept it as true.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
...he shuts the camera off...
And there you have it. Cue the carnival music.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:34 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
No offense, but he should've just kept it to himself.

'I shut off the camera...for no good reason.'

'Why?!?!'

'Ummmm...I dunno, no good reason.'

Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This. OP, you said the camera was off the whole time that your granpa was watching the thing in the river. How is it there's video of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal