U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 03:02 PM

13,195 posts, read 17,890,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
People jump to conclusions faster than you can provide truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 03:38 PM

9,586 posts, read 9,523,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
It's simple. The examples you are talking about were not hoaxes, they were legitimate events. There was no conspiracy, hence no story to reveal.

For true conspiracies people generally don't disclose them because the people who know are part of the conspiracy and both want to avoid getting caught and are committed to the success of the conspiracy. No motivation to disclose whatever story there might be.

Then there is the real rarity, the person from the inside who reveals the truth. Think Deep Throat in Watergate. Each person in these situations has his/her own motivations, but I suspect that most of the time it's either true remorse, unhappiness with the consequences, or some personal resentment or jealousy. (Again, see Deep Throat/Mark Felt.)

Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 PM

9,586 posts, read 9,523,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
To me there have been none that have been believable.
And there never will be.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:44 PM

4,283 posts, read 2,034,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
"Is probably wrong" is the problem. If you have to phrase it like that you are just guessing and calling other people wrong.

But the good news is a almost all of the National Archives has begun the online release of JFK Assassination records.

How does this prove anything? To quote you "a reported story"? What is a reported story?

Also I live right outside of DC and would be interested in the forts name and or location.

Then we have what is even wrong with this if it is true? AFTER the war? Wernher von Braun and other German scientists were a pretty good asset to have. We almost immediately were in a cold war the the Soviets so courting them to work for us was a no brainer. What would your solution have been? ENSLAVE them and make them work for us?

To me this is a non-story.

Or if the US Government attacked the US? I think there is a lot more pressure than giving some Nazi scientists lunch and champagne.

If they believe there is a need I think you are right. I do not think many soldiers would think it important to keep an attack by the US on the US a secret, I also doubt any would do it. I am not even sure how a person would start the conversation because just saying it out loud would be a huge step to take.
You have more patience explaining this than I would have. I salute you.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:51 PM

2,492 posts, read 816,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
How do you know they didn't? And who's going to believe them, especially if they say it anonymously?

Mark Felt's wife used to tell people her husband was "Deep Throat", and no one believed her.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:57 PM

2,492 posts, read 816,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's simple. The examples you are talking about were not hoaxes, they were legitimate events. There was no conspiracy, hence no story to reveal.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Conspiracies are legitimate events.

Of course, there was a conspiracy that led to the events of 9/11/2001. Everyone believes that -- even you.

Quote:
Conspiracy: a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that is harmful or illegal.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:27 PM

11,468 posts, read 5,768,210 times
When it's exposed is it still a conspiracy? Clintons trail of dead bodies tells tales. Plenty conspiracys have been exposed but people will still doubt any secret conspiracys to exist "because people talk". Foolish

Old 08-22-2017, 06:50 PM

1,515 posts, read 459,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
When it's exposed is it still a conspiracy? Clintons trail of dead bodies tells tales. Plenty conspiracys have been exposed but people will still doubt any secret conspiracys to exist "because people talk". Foolish
SNORK! Milk spurted out of my nostrils.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,543,314 times
Reading these last couple of pages, there seems to be the same old bunch of people slapping each other on the back and agreeing with each other. Of COURSE conspiracies are all a load of bunkum. Ho ho! How stupid are the conspiracy nutjobs.

The truth is...It is unfortunate that the governments the world over cannot be trusted to keep the people safe. They cannot be trusted to do the best thing in the circumstance. They serve themselves only.

They carry out tests on their own people. Kill, maim and make them very sick. They make up 'evidence' to provide reasons for their dubious actions and wars. They manipulate the media to place a good spin on things which make them look bad. Large corporations are negatively influencing the independent decisions of the policymakers.

The people who make up those governments have become too removed from the populations they are representing. This is going on in almost every country. Why cant we see it?

Old 08-23-2017, 04:56 AM

10,538 posts, read 15,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Reading these last couple of pages, there seems to be the same old bunch of people slapping each other on the back and agreeing with each other. Of COURSE conspiracies are all a load of bunkum. Ho ho! How stupid are the conspiracy nutjobs.

The truth is...It is unfortunate that the governments the world over cannot be trusted to keep the people safe. They cannot be trusted to do the best thing in the circumstance. They serve themselves only.

They carry out tests on their own people. Kill, maim and make them very sick. They make up 'evidence' to provide reasons for their dubious actions and wars. They manipulate the media to place a good spin on things which make them look bad. Large corporations are negatively influencing the independent decisions of the policymakers.

The people who make up those governments have become too removed from the populations they are representing. This is going on in almost every country. Why cant we see it?
You are confusing the term "conspiracy" with "propaganda".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal