U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2017, 07:27 AM
 
251 posts, read 84,611 times
Reputation: 381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I have to ask just one question about the so called 9/11 hoax.

If this was an inside job done by our own government, then wouldn't it have benefited OBL much more to deny the attack and say it was an inside job? Could you imagine the uproar that would have created in this country, it would have created far more damage then just the destruction of the world trade centers. However, in the years it took to capture OBL, there wasn't a single word. Kinda make you wonder doesn't it.
You are forgetting the millions of dollars that were involved. Now that aspect of it can be confirmed, there was some very sketchy moves on wall street in the days leading up to 9-11, in short, a select handful of people made LOTS of money that day.

I would not put 9-11 as an inside job out of the realm of possibilities, this govt is so extremely corrupt, and craves power over the people more than anything, creating a false enemy which will lead to decades of war, keeps people occupied, the war on terror can basically go on forever as long as a larger threat doesnt arise.

I forget the name for it, but I read something awhile back that explains why certain people are just not able to accept or even seriously entertain the idea that a govt can be involved in such inside jobs, there was a term for it, basically they are overly conditioned and literally cannot recognize something like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,089 posts, read 1,899,295 times
Reputation: 5040
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are forgetting the millions of dollars that were involved. Now that aspect of it can be confirmed, there was some very sketchy moves on wall street in the days leading up to 9-11, in short, a select handful of people made LOTS of money that day.

I would not put 9-11 as an inside job out of the realm of possibilities, this govt is so extremely corrupt, and craves power over the people more than anything, creating a false enemy which will lead to decades of war, keeps people occupied, the war on terror can basically go on forever as long as a larger threat doesnt arise.

I forget the name for it, but I read something awhile back that explains why certain people are just not able to accept or even seriously entertain the idea that a govt can be involved in such inside jobs, there was a term for it, basically they are overly conditioned and literally cannot recognize something like this.
This totally ignores Terryj's question and just starts talking about another conspiracy theory...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 03:29 PM
 
15,014 posts, read 7,480,804 times
Reputation: 13992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The weirdest thing is this would have crossed multiple administrations, administrations that do not all agree with each other. Then we have the magical fact that non-American intelligence services are not bringing it out. I especially find the outright lies very telling.
And yet no Snowden. No Chelsea Manning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2017, 08:59 PM
 
251 posts, read 84,611 times
Reputation: 381
"If this was an inside job done by our own government, then wouldn't it have benefited OBL much more to deny the attack and say it was an inside job? Could you imagine the uproar that would have created in this country, it would have created far more damage then just the destruction of the world trade centers. However, in the years it took to capture OBL, there wasn't a single word. Kinda make you wonder doesn't it."


If OBL had denied any involvement, do you honestly think it would have made a difference...Once his name, and Alqueda (spelling?), were thrown out there, it was over, he was guilty in the eyes of the american public. I think OBL was involved and knew what was going to happen, but he was just a cog in a larger machine, and when you step back and look at what 9-11 led to, it was an accomplishment for terrorism/ tyranny, it was a major turning point in the country, suddenly govt is asking us to give up little freedoms here and there, all due to national security and safety of the public (to prevent another attack), of course, everyone agrees, thinking only of their safety, little do people realize, liberty and freedom are being slowly taken away, but being done so they think its in their best interest...Well, this should be a HUGE red flag....DING DING, this is what a tyrannical govt does.

9-11 was the event that welcomed tyranny in under thunderous applause, Ive often said in other threads, if England had used this same tactic, there would have never been an american revolution, they would have had majority of people in the colonies thinking living under a monarchy was the best thing for them and the king really had their best interest in mind.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said these things...

" Those that give up a little liberty for a little security, deserve neither"

" When the people fear their govt there is tyranny, when a govt fears the people, there is liberty".

If someone made these statements today, they would labelled a domestic terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 05:41 AM
 
15,014 posts, read 7,480,804 times
Reputation: 13992
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
when you step back and look at what 9-11 led to, it was an accomplishment for terrorism/ tyranny, it was a major turning point in the country, suddenly govt is asking us to give up little freedoms here and there, all due to national security and safety of the public (to prevent another attack), of course, everyone agrees, thinking only of their safety, little do people realize, liberty and freedom are being slowly taken away, but being done so they think its in their best interest...Well, this should be a HUGE red flag....DING DING, this is what a tyrannical govt does.

9-11 was the event that welcomed tyranny in under thunderous applause, Ive often said in other threads, if England had used this same tactic, there would have never been an american revolution, they would have had majority of people in the colonies thinking living under a monarchy was the best thing for them and the king really had their best interest in mind..
One can (and people have) said the same thing about Pearl Harbor and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,089 posts, read 1,899,295 times
Reputation: 5040
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If OBL had denied any involvement, do you honestly think it would have made a difference...Once his name, and Alqueda (spelling?), were thrown out there, it was over, he was guilty in the eyes of the american public.
Yes, I think it would have made a difference. It would have made a difference to him and it would have made a difference to his organization reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Maine
12,929 posts, read 17,604,795 times
Reputation: 14043
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
" Those that give up a little liberty for a little security, deserve neither"
It was actually Benjamin Franklin, and understood in the context in which he wrote it, it actually means the opposite of what most people think it does.

Ben Franklin's Famous 'Liberty, Safety' Quote Lost Its Context In 21st Century : NPR

Quote:
WITTES: The exact quotation, which is from a letter that Franklin is believed to have written on behalf of the Pennsylvania General Assembly, reads, those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

SIEGEL: And what was the context of this remark?

WITTES: He was writing about a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns, the proprietary family of the Pennsylvania colony who ruled it from afar. And the legislature was trying to tax the Penn family lands to pay for frontier defense during the French and Indian War. And the Penn family kept instructing the governor to veto. Franklin felt that this was a great affront to the ability of the legislature to govern. And so he actually meant purchase a little temporary safety very literally. The Penn family was trying to give a lump sum of money in exchange for the General Assembly's acknowledging that it did not have the authority to tax it.

SIEGEL: So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation.

WITTES: It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it's almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
" When the people fear their govt there is tyranny, when a govt fears the people, there is liberty".
That quote is often attributed to Jefferson, but there is no evidence he ever wrote or said any such thing. See: https://www.monticello.org/site/jeff...ious-quotation

Either way, it seems a very dangerous sentiment. Do we really want the foundation of our government to be fear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,089 posts, read 1,899,295 times
Reputation: 5040
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
" Those that give up a little liberty for a little security, deserve neither"
So you are saying soldiers? United States soldiers? I am just trying to clarify your statement here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 08:49 AM
 
251 posts, read 84,611 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
One can (and people have) said the same thing about Pearl Harbor and the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.
Pearl Harbor was not a terrorist attack, it was an attack by an enemy we were at war with, two very different things, and not to mention, there was an actual end date for WW2. The war on terror, sparked by 9-11 will never have its V-day, newspapers will never be able to print the headline ' US defeats terrorism'.

The war on terror is a war that can go on forever, or until some larger threat comes along, Even if the defeat ISIS, another group will just spring up to take its place, if things die down and people get too relaxed, another terror attack will likely happen, just so they can keep saying, "see this is why we need to keep fighting terrorism."

Its just like the war on drugs, in order to justify continuing to fight this war, and all the money spent, there needs to be a consistent drug problem, without a drug problem, there is no reason to keep fighting a war over it. strange though, no matter what they do in this fight, they just cannot manage to win or have any drastic changes, Gee, I wonder why that is? LOL Its just another 'engineered war'

Ask yourself seriously, if another 9-11 level attack happened soon, what would happen...they would focus on what tools they used, how they gained access, etc and those areas will be scrutinized and the loopholes shut down, an example, lets say they use a semi truck in the attack, and keep in mind the attack is as bad as 9-11, I bet its going to really tough to be a truck driver, or even buy a truck after that.

What will the US look like in another 50 yrs if we continue on this path...it will be a society where Govt/authority has complete control and its very tough to do anything, nearly everything will be heavily regulated and controlled. (well we are sort of already there, I cannot think of one aspect of my life in which govt is not somehow involved)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2017, 10:40 AM
 
15,014 posts, read 7,480,804 times
Reputation: 13992
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Pearl Harbor was not a terrorist attack, it was an attack by an enemy we were at war with, two very different things, and not to mention, there was an actual end date for WW2. The war on terror, sparked by 9-11 will never have its V-day, newspapers will never be able to print the headline ' US defeats terrorism'.

The war on terror is a war that can go on forever, or until some larger threat comes along, Even if the defeat ISIS, another group will just spring up to take its place, if things die down and people get too relaxed, another terror attack will likely happen, just so they can keep saying, "see this is why we need to keep fighting terrorism."

Its just like the war on drugs, in order to justify continuing to fight this war, and all the money spent, there needs to be a consistent drug problem, without a drug problem, there is no reason to keep fighting a war over it. strange though, no matter what they do in this fight, they just cannot manage to win or have any drastic changes, Gee, I wonder why that is? LOL Its just another 'engineered war'

Ask yourself seriously, if another 9-11 level attack happened soon, what would happen...they would focus on what tools they used, how they gained access, etc and those areas will be scrutinized and the loopholes shut down, an example, lets say they use a semi truck in the attack, and keep in mind the attack is as bad as 9-11, I bet its going to really tough to be a truck driver, or even buy a truck after that.

What will the US look like in another 50 yrs if we continue on this path...it will be a society where Govt/authority has complete control and its very tough to do anything, nearly everything will be heavily regulated and controlled. (well we are sort of already there, I cannot think of one aspect of my life in which govt is not somehow involved)
What was your point?


If you were arguing that 9/11 was an inside job, you just proved that it wasn't necessary because lots of other simpler things have the same effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top