U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-21-2017, 06:28 AM
 
53 posts, read 25,265 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2017, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,136 posts, read 1,980,756 times
Reputation: 5084
It is a good question.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Maine
13,202 posts, read 17,890,028 times
Reputation: 14419
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
You've just hit the nail of why so many conspiracy theories are bogus: People can't keep their mouths shut. Whether you'r talking about Roswell, Area 51, the JFK assassination, alien bases on the moon, FDR talking to aliens, or the supposed 9/11 conspiracy ... do you realize how many dozens if not hundreds of people would have to keep their mouths shut to pull that off? It just doesn't happen.

Even in actual cases of Top Secret operations, eventually people talked. Usually quite a lot. Blabbed all over the place.

Which is a good reason to suspect that 99.9999% of conspiracy theories are nonsense.

But on the other side of the coin, some hoaxers have actually come forwarded and admitted the truth:

5 Myths That People Don't Know Are Admitted Hoaxes

The Surgeon’s Photo

The Amityville Horror

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Five famous hoaxes which fooled the world - Telegraph
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2017, 09:08 AM
 
2,509 posts, read 428,812 times
Reputation: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Events that the news reports but the truth is something else. 9/11 comes to mind as being the most well known. There's others like shootings, terrorist attacks, etc. Where are the people who were part of the event. Who were bribed or threatened or something. Im sure they can reveal the information,videos, etc while remaining anonymus.
9/11 is a well know hoax, inside job? If it was someone would talked by now. Like at the Trump admin and all the leaks. Its almost impossible to keep secrets on a grand scale. Therefore there are not many real conspiracies. Lots of imagined ones.

I am curious though which terror attacks were hoaxes? Besides 9/11 since you believe that one.

I believe governments use tragedies and terror attacks for their own benefit, like the Neo Cons after 9/11 they don't create them, not necessary.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 AM
 
53 posts, read 25,265 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
9/11 is a well know hoax, inside job? If it was someone would talked by now. Like at the Trump admin and all the leaks. Its almost impossible to keep secrets on a grand scale. Therefore there are not many real conspiracies. Lots of imagined ones.

I am curious though which terror attacks were hoaxes? Besides 9/11 since you believe that one.
Thats what i want to know. If some conspiracies are true why hasnt someone leaked what they know. Video evidence or something
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2017, 03:57 PM
 
2,509 posts, read 428,812 times
Reputation: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Thats what i want to know. If some conspiracies are true why hasnt someone leaked what they know. Video evidence or something
Because the are not true for the reasons you just stated. But some people like to believe this stuff and other make money off of promoting conspiracies. Look at coast to coast or Alex Jones. And because its next to impossible to totally disprove a conspiracy they will always exist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 PM
 
Location: China
2,108 posts, read 2,543,314 times
Reputation: 1899
OK, I will bite.

You guys are amazing. One moment you say folks cannot keep a secret and the next you point to the secret spy planes and nuclear bombs of WW2.

Which is it? Can people keep a secret or cant they?

wrt the people who are working in these projects or in the secret services etc, there are plenty of whistleblowers who have come out to tell us about their inside knowledge but you guys dont believe them and tell us it is rubbish.

You think you can have it both ways ?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,136 posts, read 1,980,756 times
Reputation: 5084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, I will bite.

You guys are amazing. One moment you say folks cannot keep a secret and the next you point to the secret spy planes and nuclear bombs of WW2.
Well we know about those don't we? And the Soviets got the bomb from us didn't they?

And there have been books, movies and television shows about these haven't there?

You do not even have access to YouTube, at least when it is convenient not to have access to YouTube and you are going to lecture us about information availability.

I, unlike you, have served in the US military. Performing any action that supported an attack on the United States like 9/11 would be an illegal order. Not only would I not follow such an order I would not follow such and order. PERIOD. I would not be able to be convicted of anything for not following such an order UNLESS I did not report the illegal order. I would also be able to speak about suck an order openly without fear of prosecution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Which is it? Can people keep a secret or cant they?
Well seeing as we know about those it seems they can't. Then we have the fact that all secrets are not the same. You like to use semantic tricks and absolutes to make points but to me that is very flawed.

There are levels of secrets. Many people who worked on a successful spy plane project that was still working and being used to keep the US safe would be happy to go to their graves not divulging the secret as long as it was classified a secret, not even telling their spouse or family. People who see aliens or alien technology might think past it as to many it would not be a national security issue at all but larger, MUCH larger. To keep the secret for 70+ years? I am sure there would have been some legit death bed confessions with artifacts or other evidence to back them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
wrt the people who are working in these projects or in the secret services etc, there are plenty of whistleblowers who have come out to tell us about their inside knowledge but you guys dont believe them and tell us it is rubbish.
Because every one I have seen seems to be crazy or outright lying. There was one person who called into the Art Bell show that claimed to be an ex-Area 51 employee but nothing ever happened. Someone called back and said it was them and they were lying and some comic book guy claimed he did it.

Then there is this guy: Boyd Bushman Makes Deathbed Confession About Aliens

And this quote from the link is precisely where I stand and you have never addressed this:

Quote:
Let’s say I had a bunch of secrets of exotic physics and decided to do a deathbed confession. Here’s what I would say: “I’ve been working on antigravity and warp field physics for the last 50 years, in secret, with the US government.” Then, instead of showing photos of a spaceship or a blurry alien, I would add: “And, here are the equations. Here is a diagram for how you build a device. Here is a working model. Here is exactly how you put everything together.”
And another article on Area 51.

Area 51 vets break silence: Sorry, but no space aliens or UFOs | The Seattle Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You think you can have it both ways ?
No, I think I have to look at things and look at what makes sense and what does not make sense. For the bomb we have good documentation of the program, how it started, what happened and when, who did what and names and testimonials from multiple sources and a then we have the results. We do not have that for any of the whistle-blowers. If they were reverse engineering things why not show us what they were reverse engineering? Don't tell me you were working on magnetic air-craft that exceed anything humans are capable of doing, SHOW ME. Make your own, get it in front of Richard Branson, get a deal done, become extremely wealthy.

To end I am highly skeptical of people who make claims but will not answer simple questions about said claims. They say the want to talk about something and then when you ask them a simple question they no longer want to talk about it? To me that means they cannot answer the questions. Sure they may have some excuse they think is good but I have dealt with criminals and I can see through that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,136 posts, read 1,980,756 times
Reputation: 5084
ocpaul20, You also seem to focus a lot on the US Government. Since you live in China why not focus on the Chinese Government's alien secrets and do us all a favor. You have a unique opportunity to expose their lies. I do not speak or read Mandarin so it would be very helpful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Maine
13,202 posts, read 17,890,028 times
Reputation: 14419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
TI, unlike you, have served in the US military. Performing any action that supported an attack on the United States like 9/11 would be an illegal order. Not only would I not follow such an order I would not follow such and order. PERIOD. I would not be able to be convicted of anything for not following such an order UNLESS I did not report the illegal order. I would also be able to speak about suck an order openly without fear of prosecution.
It may well be apocryphal, since I can't find a reference for it now, but years ago I read that in the talks after WWII, a Japanese official asked General MacArthur why no American General had ever tried to take his troops and seize power. MacArthur replied, "Because the nearest corporal would shoot him in the head." I sure hope that kind of honor and loyalty to country is still being instilled in our enlisted soldiers.

That is why when I hear of Trump wanting "loyalty oaths" and talking about "my military," it scares the jahoobies out of me.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top