U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:15 AM

174 posts, read 183,617 times

Advertisements

We have bones of dinosaurs ... when someone finds the Bigfoot bones, let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 07:43 AM

11,157 posts, read 5,532,614 times
I woke up with a few she big foots in my day

Old 08-27-2017, 03:13 PM

9,609 posts, read 8,924,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We're lead to believe they bury their own. Unless they all have caves undiscovered by humans to use for this purpose, that would imply they are tool-makers.
Who leads you to believe they bury there dead?

Old 08-28-2017, 08:13 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,195,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Like I said, not a scientist, although I'll grant that he's way better educated than many or most of the television personalities dealing with unexplained phenomena.
Archaeologists all over the world will be very disappointed to hear that they are not scientists!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/archaeology

Definition of archaeology
1:* the scientific study of material remains (such as fossil relics, artifacts, and monuments) of past human life and activities

Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 PM

2,942 posts, read 2,491,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Archaeologists all over the world will be very disappointed to hear that they are not scientists!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/archaeology

Definition of archaeology
1:* the scientific study of material remains (such as fossil relics, artifacts, and monuments) of past human life and activities
Gates has a bachelor's degree in archaeology, as well as a minor in drama (sounds like maybe he was planning for an entertainment career all along). He worked on an archaeology site in Israel while he was in college. Whether one sees him as having "legitimate credentials" as an archaeologist depends on one's definition of "legitimate" and "credentials". With a bachelor's, Gates is qualified for an entry level archaeology position but he'd need a master's at least to do serious research in the field.

He's not an academic, he doesn't have an advanced degree or publications AFAIK, but watching his shows, he seems to have a real passion for the topic. He's funny and entertaining, and frankly, I like his Expedition Unknown show a bit more than his paranormal stuff in Destination Truth. Though that show was highly entertaining, too.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:01 PM

621 posts, read 644,384 times
Bigfoot is extinct (if it ever existed). There are thousands of trail hunting trap cams in remote wilderness areas across the country, placed by private parties and animal researchers.

None has shown a single image of Big Foot.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:31 PM

63,203 posts, read 52,480,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Who leads you to believe they bury there dead?
This is what some BF believers say.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:00 PM

2,072 posts, read 2,485,910 times
Quote:
Bigfoot is extinct (if it ever existed). There are thousands of trail hunting trap cams in remote wilderness areas across the country, placed by private parties and animal researchers.
None has shown a single image of Big Foot.
Would YOU go into the IR spotlight and have a photo taken if you were Bigfoot? Some animals can see into the IR spectrum, so it would be natural to expect bigfoot not to go where these photo hunting traps are placed.

I dont understand why some people cannot consider using methods other than the normal hunting accessories. Obviously, (since many people have seen bigfoot with their own eyes) there is something stopping bigfoot from being caught on IR hunting cameras.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:35 PM

37,164 posts, read 40,241,542 times
The first claimed sighting of the infamous Big foot was over 150 years ago, if he was really real wouldn't he be dead by now.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:42 AM
Yac

5,456 posts, read 5,678,680 times
As the thread continues, I'd like to remind you all, especially the OP, to remain calm and respectful.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal