U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:14 AM

11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Can you please move it to one of the Dyatlov's Pass threads ( as I've originally suggested)?
Thanks.
Done!!

Dyatlov Pass - Official statement for closing the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 12:21 AM

13,817 posts, read 12,600,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Old 09-21-2017, 01:19 PM

22,693 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Yeah and all those signs at cliff dwellings in Arizona, "Hey we're more than 100 years old!"
Those are really old. Log homes built from old growth trees really rock, but they aren't made of rock.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM

1,256 posts, read 464,405 times
I can't remember the man's name, or the state ... I read about the case on a Missing 411 site (David Paulides). Does anyone know this case, and if it was solved? These are the details, as I recall. Creepy ...

He left his home in the wee hours of the morning to scope out hunting land.
He was on an ATV (4 wheeler)
Didn't come home, search parties went out.
Some hours (days?) later, his ATV was located on a ridge, his clothes were folded neatly on top.
His body was found in shrubbery near a pond behind his house.
He was frozen though it was not freezing weather
His blood was drained from his body
He had a look of sheer terror on his face
His boot was hanging from a tree, high above him
His family was not told the truth of what happened
Government Agents kept details classified

Old 09-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Status: "...but I call you 'Stormy', today.'" (set 7 days ago)

1,531 posts, read 755,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
I can't remember the man's name, or the state ... I read about the case on a Missing 411 site (David Paulides). Does anyone know this case, and if it was solved? These are the details, as I recall. Creepy ...

He left his home in the wee hours of the morning to scope out hunting land.
He was on an ATV (4 wheeler)
Didn't come home, search parties went out.
Some hours (days?) later, his ATV was located on a ridge, his clothes were folded neatly on top.
His body was found in shrubbery near a pond behind his house.
He was frozen though it was not freezing weather
His blood was drained from his body
He had a look of sheer terror on his face
His boot was hanging from a tree, high above him
His family was not told the truth of what happened
Government Agents kept details classified
Sounds interesting, hopefully someone provides a link to this story.

I've always been interested in the tons of phantom hitchhiker stories I read as a kid. I wonder how that urban legend got started and why it's stuck around like it has.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:29 PM

1,256 posts, read 464,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Sounds interesting, hopefully someone provides a link to this story.

I've always been interested in the tons of phantom hitchhiker stories I read as a kid. I wonder how that urban legend got started and why it's stuck around like it has.
Found it ... Todd Sees, Pennsylvania

Just watched a Youtube video "Brain Scratch"

EDA: He was not frozen, but was oddly emaciated??? They think hypothermia because clothes were off, but it was warm weather. Cocaine was found in the bit of blood left in his body. This whole scenario is strange for a drug OD.

What are your thoughts, everyone? What killed Todd? I do not believe in UFO's, but this case haunts me.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-26-2017 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM

10,374 posts, read 4,079,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I believe the Travis Walton case has been debunked as being a hoax.
Is this true? If so, how was it debunked and when? I haven't heard anything about this case in quite a while.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:39 PM

72,644 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete;
Yeah and all those signs at cliff dwellings in Arizona, "Hey we're more than 100 years old!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Those are really old. Log homes built from old growth trees really rock, but they aren't made of rock.
Those are 1000 years old, give or take a couple of 100 yrs., depending on which ones. But the thing is, some of the 1000 year old ones are still inhabited. At Acoma Pueblo ("Sky City"), Taos Pueblo, and Hopi Reservation, there are people still living in similar buildings that have been maintained all these years. At Hopi, those oldest ones aren't hooked up to the electrical grid, and IDK where they get their water, but some of them opted for solar electrification, so they could remain independent of gov't utilities. They don't like the government, up there, whether State or Federal.

Taos Pueblo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. IDK about Acoma, or Hopi's Old Oraibi.

Taos Pueblo is the only living Native American community designated both a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and a National Historic Landmark. The multi-story adobe buildings have been continuously inhabited for over a 1,000 years.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:41 PM
KCZ

1,548 posts, read 762,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Is this true? If so, how was it debunked and when? I haven't heard anything about this case in quite a while.
If you google, you can find information about failed polygraphs, Air Force helicopter test flights that night, Walton staying at a friend's house while he was supposedly missing, his talking about being abducted right before the event, job contract issues, etc, etc.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:00 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,326,333 times
Coral Castle is still interesting to me but that doesn't really quality as paranormal. He definitely used some type of electric to do whatever he did, but it still doesn't make sense since all he had was some weak ass tripod with a thing at the top of it. The tripod could not have supported the full weight of those blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal