Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 12:44 AM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

I've had no interactions with Bigfoot, and that is probably why I have no real interest in he subject. However, I have done some reading.

I think it is biologically and anthropologically for "Big Foot" to be a natural phenomenon. I feel the same about the "chupacbra".

The possibility that both exist is great. I tend to think that both are supernatural in origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 07:41 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
You have to be careful when you use the word " debunked". People throw that term around a lot but it doesn't mean what they use it for. Being debunked is just that..... a myth or belief has been studied and proven to be wrong or completely unsubstantiated.
UFOs have never been completely debunked or completely proven. Some have been, others the official explanation seem nigh on ridiculous. Bigfoot has never been proven. The Loch Ness Monster has never been proven. They've also never been proven not to exist, but the evidence is stacked against them. There are varying paranormal mysteries that are leaning towards being debunked or discredited and others... not so much.
I just have a problem with the term " debunked". Take Pizzagate or other conspiracy theories. They say they've been debunked, but have never been investigated and there are still some very troubling questions left unanswered or ignored.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
How many people have a Big Foot sighting but don't happen to have a camera in hand? Plenty. More than not.
They are a highly elusive, but intelligent primate.
This is my opinion.
You are spot on but i question that yes as them being primates. the dna says unknown primate.
SUPERPRIMATES

Old 09-19-2017, 10:51 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post

I'm wondering at this point if the proliferation of urban legends in North America is because of its short history; unlike Europe, Middle East, or even South America. Virtually everything is no older than 300 years, with the West Coast being just 100 years old. There are very few castles, temples, burial mounds, stone-paved plazas, etc. to be awed by; the kind of things that just seem to breathe history of past civilizations at you, and give you that borderline-spiritual feeling. So, many people long for some mystery in their daily lives. As a result, urban legends emerge, where "somebody, somewhere" was killed at some historic point in the past.
Growing up in California, I was taught California history in elementary school. One thing I do remember is that California is definitely more than 100 years old. It became a US state in 1850. The California gold rush began in 1848. The Donner-Reed party tragedy was in 1846/1847. The SF earthquake that more or less leveled the city was in 1906, and yes, there was a city there to be leveled. Let's not even go into the Spanish exploration of the state before the Mexican-American War.

I'm sure Washington and Oregon also have history that dates back before 1917.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
Growing up in California, I was taught California history in elementary school. One thing I do remember is that California is definitely more than 100 years old. It became a US state in 1850. The California gold rush began in 1848. The Donner-Reed party tragedy was in 1846/1847. The SF earthquake that more or less leveled the city was in 1906, and yes, there was a city there to be leveled. Let's not even go into the Spanish exploration of the state before the Mexican-American War.

I'm sure Washington and Oregon also have history that dates back before 1917.

I believe that MillennialUrbanist is speaking of man made structures. It is a different world going from the east coast where there are man made structures over 100 years old around and to the west coast where they are much more rare. Even still going to Europe where things are much older than most of the stuff on the east coast of the US is a bigger adjustment.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:27 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'm wondering at this point if the proliferation of urban legends in North America is because of its short history; unlike Europe, Middle East, or even South America. Virtually everything is no older than 300 years, with the West Coast being just 100 years old. There are very few castles, temples, burial mounds, stone-paved plazas, etc. to be awed by; the kind of things that just seem to breathe history of past civilizations at you, and give you that borderline-spiritual feeling. So, many people long for some mystery in their daily lives. As a result, urban legends emerge, where "somebody, somewhere" was killed at some historic point in the past.
Santa Fe, NM is over 400 years old. St. Augustine, FL also if over 460 years old. LA was founded in 1781. Monterey, CA, was founded in 1770. Oh well, back to the drawing board, or history books, as the case may be...

Old 09-20-2017, 03:48 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I believe that MillennialUrbanist is speaking of man made structures. It is a different world going from the east coast where there are man made structures over 100 years old around and to the west coast where they are much more rare. Even still going to Europe where things are much older than most of the stuff on the east coast of the US is a bigger adjustment.
I think the oldest buildings in the East are from the 1600s.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I think the oldest buildings in the East are from the 1600s.
Yeah and all those signs at cliff dwellings in Arizona, "Hey we're more than 100 years old!"

Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
And...scene.

Seriously...if you guys want to continue on this mindnumbingly dull topic of Dyaltov Pass ...start a new thread. You're dragging this thread totally off topic.

Yeah, I said it. The last time this got hashed out, I was bored then. I'm bored now.

Hey, they can't all be winners...

103 posts...31 of them are this Dyaltov pass....ENOUGH!

Old 09-21-2017, 12:00 AM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
And...scene.

Seriously...if you guys want to continue on this mindnumbingly dull topic of Dyaltov Pass ...start a new thread. You're dragging this thread totally off topic.

Yeah, I said it. The last time this got hashed out, I was bored then. I'm bored now.

Hey, they can't all be winners...

103 posts...31 of them are this Dyaltov pass....ENOUGH!
Can you please move it to one of the Dyatlov's Pass threads ( as I've originally suggested)?
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal