U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:50 AM

3,174 posts, read 2,750,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1982 View Post
Would you buy a house with orbs? I saw a couple houses on Realtor.com that i like but the pictures have orbs in them.

How about a few examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 11:52 AM

13,482 posts, read 7,331,651 times
You mean those glass balls Italians have in their backyard? No, I would not buy that house.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:13 PM

11,437 posts, read 19,459,889 times
Could simply be flash photography reflecting on dust motes....

Old 09-17-2017, 02:35 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,149,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Ha ha!!! No one ever considers the obvious in this forum.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Ha ha!!! No one ever considers the obvious in this forum.
I had some great orb photos. I created them by vigorously shaking a bath towel and using my camera with flash right after...I mean -- right after... I shook with one hand, and held the powered up and ready to go camera in the other hand.

They were on my old computer. Didn't bother to save. And since they were so good, I've discounted ALL orb pictures. Even when the Dude-Bro guys say unequivocally these orbs can't be dust because dust doesn't do that? Yeah, it does...it's dust.

Dude-Bro guys? ghost adventurers.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 PM

9,309 posts, read 7,315,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yeah, my first thought was that the "orbs" was just due to bad photography. Not supernatural beings.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:14 PM

5,738 posts, read 4,585,628 times
Why do people think orbs are supernatural beings?
serious question.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:33 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,248,673 times
Absotively! For one thing, the property will be a bargain due to the somewhat disturbing phenomena.

For another, you'll be able to capitalize on it. Charge admission! Start a YouTube channel, a Twitter account, and a live webcam. Get interviewed by nationally syndicated programs.

Monetize the heck out of it, then move elsewhere and live in the lap of luxury.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 3 days ago)

9,761 posts, read 21,620,376 times
While most orbs are just dust, ghost orbs have a definitive edge to them. The edges are well defined and have a border around them. And a glow of white or golden light emitting from them. While many are intense white, some come in colors like pink, green, blue and yellow. And have faces inside them. The one's i have seen have cat faces. I used to think they were time travelers of a sort, which would make sense because of the faces. Maybe from Planet Cat somewhere in the galaxy far far away.

Some of the intense white orbs I have seen, always at night for some reason, sometimes a big long streak of thick white light comes out, flying around the room. Those are freaky. When they fly by, they create a breeze. As for buying a house with ghost orbs or not, there are some realtors now that will let you spend the night to see if the house is a good fit before you buy. You could set up a night camera's to see if you capture anything while you are sleeping. Then you can make up your own mind if you still want the house or not.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Why do people think orbs are supernatural beings?
serious question.
I don't know when, or why, but I became aware that orbs were now proof of spirit "common knowledge" in the early 2000's. That's when I started playing with my camera.

I think people so want real photographic evidence of ghosts that they created one. Maybe someone went to the local haunted cemetery and took photos and voila!!! Orbs. Since the place it haunted, and we were invoking spirit, ipso facto, orbs must be spirit.

When in fact, it could be breezy, and people are walking around stirring up dust and pollen... and ...we take photographic evidence of dust and pollen.

Could be a million reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal