U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:38 PM

742 posts, read 1,158,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
And what are these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5_iqjHVGdM

The woman filming the orbs around her daughters is a medium, and wanted to show what orbs are like.

She says they are her daughter's guides or guardian angels, or whatever term you want to use.

Near the end of the video, there is an amazingly bright one that flies close to the camera.
I have seen insects appear like that on videos - for whatever reason, they don't look like insects when you play the video back. I was filming around our campsite about a year or so ago and that's pretty much exactly how the insects showed up on the video. There were some gnats or "no-see'ums" hanging around.

I've had snow look similar to that too on an old film camera when the flash caught it.

Is there a link to the house in the OP's post? I'd like to see the pictures of the listing if possible.

To me, orbs in photos can be several things, dust, insects, snow (although not inside a house!), even rain drops if the flash catches them right. Also they seem to be more prevalent in digital photos than with film photos. Maybe it's something in the camera that under the right conditions causes them to show up. It seems they show up in more poorly lit photos in my experience.

Personally, I don't think orbs are ghosts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 05:15 PM

2,683 posts, read 5,367,179 times
I would buy the house if you like it.

PS...smudge it like crazy :-)

Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 AM

4,810 posts, read 5,434,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

They were insects.

I saw a much better quality video attempting to catch a light phenomena at a lake...saw lots of things that looked just like those orbs...and they were identified by the people trying to capture the the lake lights as insects.

The light phenomena didn't show up.
The video I posted was from a bedroom in a three-story house in Belgium.

That's a hell of a lot of insects inside a house!

And the giant bright one at the 14.30 mark was a doozy of an insect!

Old 09-19-2017, 07:17 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,263,876 times
Quote:
The video I posted was from a bedroom in a three-story house in Belgium.

That's a hell of a lot of insects inside a house!
Some look like insects, others look like dust motes. You have a couple of kids running around in a dusty house, you're going to see a lot of dust flying around.

Quote:
And the giant bright one at the 14.30 mark was a doozy of an insect!
You do realize that small objects look bigger when they're closer to the camera?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:18 AM

There is a blog named "Channeling Erik" http://channelingerik.com/ - that was begun by a mother who lost her son to suicide. The blog detailed how he began to make himself known after his death, and now the blog addresses spiritual topics in general.

From the web site:

"Below is a bright “orb” caught on camera by my daughter, Michelle, who decided to take pictures when she felt her brother’s presence.

The “comet’s tail” implies movement, so we had it analyzed by photography expert, Rahasya Poe.

In the second photo, the gamma is reduced, revealing that the orb is it’s own light source, which casts light on nearby structures."

http://channelingerik.com/my-paranormal-evidence/

Old 09-19-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post

You do realize that small objects look bigger when they're closer to the camera?
I realize that insects, other than lightening bugs, don't light up like that.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:41 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
I realize that insects, other than lightening bugs, don't light up like that.
Anything will "light up" if a light source shines upon it. It is reflected light. And if the camera is set to pick up low light it will not take much light at all to make things appear to "glow," much like the insects (and the people) in that video.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 AM

742 posts, read 1,158,926 times
Quote:
There is a blog named "Channeling Erik" http://channelingerik.com/ - that was begun by a mother who lost her son to suicide. The blog detailed how he began to make himself known after his death, and now the blog addresses spiritual topics in general.

From the web site:

"Below is a bright “orb” caught on camera by my daughter, Michelle, who decided to take pictures when she felt her brother’s presence.

The “comet’s tail” implies movement, so we had it analyzed by photography expert, Rahasya Poe.

In the second photo, the gamma is reduced, revealing that the orb is it’s own light source, which casts light on nearby structures."

http://channelingerik.com/my-paranormal-evidence/
I have seen camera straps have that exact same effect on a photo.

In the second photo where they reduced the gamma, how is the orb casting light on nearby structures?

Old 09-19-2017, 10:37 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,627,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Anything will "light up" if a light source shines upon it. It is reflected light. And if the camera is set to pick up low light it will not take much light at all to make things appear to "glow," much like the insects (and the people) in that video.
Don't even bother.

Don't even try to get into the focal length of the lens on the recording device and what objects with light incident upon them will look like if they are too close to the lens re. focal length

Most people who've ever looked through a camera already know this but....

Once people want to believe something they will see what they want to. Like the face of Moses on a popsicle.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 09-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Don't call people stupid. People are allowed their beliefs.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:27 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Don't even try to get into the focal length of the lens on the recording device and what objects with light incident upon them will look like if they are too close to the lens re. focal length
You mean this isn't proof of a giant?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal