Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 04:09 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmusic View Post
For those of you who have not seen a craft that can float in the air and is round is shape I understand your thought that people who have seen a craft like this are crazy, however if you would have asked me one day prior to this event I would have been a non-beliver!

In December of 2006 while doing a Wedding Reception for 200 guest's in a large tent on a Golf Course in Avila Beach, California (next to Diablo Canyon Power Plant), I viewed a Craft for 5 to 8 minutes that could float in the air and move in small circles! No, I was not the only one who viewed this Craft and if I would have announced to the the guest's this craft was hovering over the bay I would have ruined the Wedding reception!

DJ Del
"Gold Record DJ"
Entertainment Now
www.weddingdj.net
I would have told people. Sitings are more unique than weddings. Also, the photographer would have come out and the couple would have this to look back on in their album. I really would have told people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

At my age I'm likely to live to see 2012 come and go but I'll never make it to 2034, that's too bad, seeing the world come to an end would be quite a show.
Me too, old guy.
I'll probably be planted.

Remember the Y2k thing?
And that suicidal cult?

But, although many will think I am horrible, there are more people on the planet right now than the planet can sustain. We are soldered to chemical food. Our energy needs are destroying the planet. We are seeing diseases and parasites that have not been encountered before.

The planet would be a better place with fewer of us, I think, though nobody wants to talk about it.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Me too, old guy.
I'll probably be planted.
Me too my friends. By the time 2034 rolls around I'll be pushing up the daisies.

Awww I'll miss the closing show.

Quote:
there are more people on the planet right now than the planet can sustain.
I remember a media campaign, oh it must have been back in the '70s, advising us to limit the size of our families. I wish I could remember all of the details but perhaps someone from this side of the pond, reading this, will remember.

Thing is... if you do remember you're probably old enough to miss the fireworks too.

I wonder how many other of these cult groups are predicting the end of the world right now. Apart from the doomsayers of 2012 and 2034.

I remember even as a kid seeing the cartoons with the guy carrying the banner with the "The End is Nigh. Prepare to Meet Thy Doom" on it.

I guess they've always been with us and always will.

Meanwhile, back to UFOs and alien abductions. I hope I'm lucky enough to be 'abducted'... I'd love to see what it's like out there.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Meanwhile, back to UFOs and alien abductions. I hope I'm lucky enough to be 'abducted'... I'd love to see what it's like out there.
Well, if that does happen, I hope its the friendly ones, and I hope its an invitation and not an abduction.
I have little interest in 'space'.
I would like to know of their cultures and maybe some of the info on our own past.
I don't like the abductors. Evidently there is a mountain in Puerto Rico that is known for strange occurances. There are strange occurances and also a US military base there. I knew a woman who had originally come from that area who would carry on a normal conversation, but whenever I said some of the UFO creatures were evil, she would say 'they are good'. Now, whenever she said this, it was with the same exact inflection as though she'd been hypnotized.
I even got her to admit they were kidnapping people and that kidnapping was not good, but she still ended with that sickening 'they are good' phrase. She stopped meeting with me soon afterwards.

This was in a little group that we were members of and everyone thought she was a swell person, but that one conversation was weird. We also thought that the conversation had something to do with her leaving.

I know that sounds far-fetched, but that's what happened.

Last edited by goldengrain; 07-12-2008 at 06:25 PM..

Old 07-12-2008, 07:50 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

At my age I'm likely to live to see 2012 come and go but I'll never make it to 2034, that's too bad, seeing the world come to an end would be quite a show.
I'd say the end will be in 2109 which is long enough for me to be dead, that way I have no accountability when nothing happens that year

Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'd say the end will be in 2109 which is long enough for me to be dead, that way I have no accountability when nothing happens that year
Well I'm not going to say it has to be 2034, but I believe it will all come down very close to that date. However, when Christ returns death will not keep you from seeing this event. For the Bible states that even those who nailed Christ to the cross will see His return.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well I'm not going to say it has to be 2034, but I believe it will all come down very close to that date. However, when Christ returns death will not keep you from seeing this event. For the Bible states that even those who nailed Christ to the cross will see His return.
That is, if Christ ever existed.

There are many myths of cultures before and during the times the New Testament refers to which had saviors born of virgins and being crucified and dying for the sins of the people.
Isn't it strange that the Christ story is so similar to those?
It almost sounds as though popular myths of the day were brought together and copied by the Council of Nicaea and given to the people as a 'new' religion, doesn't it?

It is also strange that the peculiar celebrations of Easter and Christmas are also pagan holidays. Easter, with the bunny and egg fertility rites and Christ's actual birthday could not have been on Xmas, but a large pagan holiday was. Conifer trees were a part of pagan celebrations, too - settling in for the long winter after the hard harvest work was done.

Many biblical scholars also doubt the existence of such a person.
You would think that someone coming into the temple and throwing tables over and causing such a sacreligous ruckus would be written about in Jewish ledgers. You would also think he would have been arrested. That sort of thing never happened before or since that we know of. It certainly should have been noteworthy.

Witness testimony is not considered all that reliable by the police, and this is first hand, right after an occurrence. The biblical book nearest to the purported life of Christ is written at least 40 years after his death and many say it is more like 100 years.

Worship is a good thing, and on the whole religion is, but taking such a book as an absolute reference, when it was compiled by an organization that wished to knock out the competition, makes me think those who compiled the bible just incorporated dogma and celebrations from many cults existing at the time to broaden their own flock.

They made Christianity as palitable to as many as possible, making it easy to join, and later those who didn't join were either threatened with or had,
physical violence done upon them to persuade them to become members.

The old carrot and the stick.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Well I'm not going to say it has to be 2034, but I believe it will all come down very close to that date.
So how did you come up with even an approximate date?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times

YouTube - 2012 ALIEN UFO GIANTS NEPHILIM NIBIRU DOOMSDAY

Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times

YouTube - Entrances to Underground Bases, Near Area 51

Its amazing how large and complex the under ground networks are at Area 51.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal