Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,564,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Isn't Edgar Mitchell the same guy who believes in esp and healing from afar?
well if extraterrestrial are real than esp is real because apparently they have those capabilties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
One can 'prove' practically anything by trawling You Tube for 'evidence' that will agree with your point of view.

For instance....
YouTube - Buzz Aldrin's Skeptical View on UFOs

There's always someone who knows someone who......

But where's the hard evidence?

A possible/probable reason already put forward for that earlier in this thread.

Or tired of covering up for a hoax?
Have you ever thought that Buzz Aldrine is one of the ones thats part of the cover-up? Neil Armstrong saw some things but hes not coming out and saying what he saw. Not every astronaut is going to come out the way Edgar Mitchel did. There is no physical evidence available to scientists but testimony from very credible sources should be enough to know they are real.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,930,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
but testimony from very credible sources should be enough to know they are real.
Bs gsoboi. If a man who didn't like me accused me of a murder I did not commit, the last thing I want is his testimony to be enough to convict me.

A person can have the reputation of a saint but testimony alone is not enough to conclude anything, scientists know that, lawyers know that and even dumb conmen know that.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,930,155 times
Quote:
well if extraterrestrial are real than esp is real because apparently they have those capabilties.
non-sequitir. There is no evidence apart from peoples testimony that would connect ESP with Aliens.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:02 PM

whether there is evidence or not, it doesnt mean its not true. Remember Science had mankind believing the sun, stars and planets revolved around the earth.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:14 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,910,813 times
I believe there is no scientific evidence that bumblebees and darning needles can fly.
We see these creatures often.
If some of the people posting here lived in Alaska and
half the population of the US reported seeing these insects
the Alaskans would not believe them.

It amounts to how we want to live our lives.
I would tend to side with the many people observing and experiencing things, realizing that science can trail behind observable evidence.
Others would 'play it safe' and wait.

There were televised sessions when the USSR collapsed of some psychic woman moving objects with her thoughts. Scientists were doing experiments with her, trying to find out how she did it.

I have seen people doing this, though not as dramatically as that woman did it. They were not making money doing it. They published no books.
I have done so, to a small degree, myself - moving toothpick halves in a bowl of water to form simple and specific letters of the alphabet.
Science cannot explain these things, but at this point it would be pretty weird if I were not to admit the possibility of things for which we do not currently have a scientific explanation. I am sure that, someday, science will support these occurrences.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM

You bring up good points goldengrain. There are still so many things about the universe and even the world we live in that we do not yet understand. Not to long ago we didnt know if there were planets beyond our solar system. At the time it was not proven so technically by science no planet existed beyond our solar system. UFOs and extraterrestrials are the same thing. It hasnt been scientifically proven yet but that doesnt mean they dont exist or that the havent visited earth. We live in a world where people need to have scientific proof to believe that UFOs are real yet the same people believe in God despite the fact no one has seen him or her and despite the fact the scientists have not proven his existance. I think if an all powerfull God is capable of waving his hand and making anything happen like magic in the twinkle of an eye as most Americans believe than its not so hard to believe that ETs have been coming here.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,910,813 times
Quote:
You bring up good points goldengrain. There are still so many things about the universe and even the world we live in that we do not yet understand. Not to long ago we didnt know if there were planets beyond our solar system. At the time it was not proven so technically by science no planet existed beyond our solar system. UFOs and extraterrestrials are the same thing. It hasnt been scientifically proven yet but that doesnt mean they dont exist or that the havent visited earth. We live in a world where people need to have scientific proof to believe that UFOs are real yet the same people believe in God despite the fact no one has seen him or her and despite the fact the scientists have not proven his existance. I think if an all powerfull God is capable of waving his hand and making anything happen like magic in the twinkle of an eye as most Americans believe than its not so hard to believe that ETs have been coming here.
And again, I agree with you.
People don't admit it much, but they are afraid of things they cannot understand. I am the same way, but I was always taught to try to find my own truth in life, and to face fear. Often fear will dissolve and curiosity will take over.
The thing that frightens me is that if something sudden were to happen and the ET's would demonstrate some natural abilities that they have, it would blow men's minds and some would be too willing to start worshiping the ET's - either that, or shoot at them. I know that sounds strange now, but it is important, in my opinion that we expose ourselves to these ideas so when and if the time comes, we are not shocked and act in rash and stupid ways.
We hear stories of miracles in bible classes and the like and that sets the stage for belief as adults, but these are things we have not witnessed and I think they would fade into oblivion were we faced with the real thing from some ET spouting bs if they chose to do that.
There are groups now who think these are super beings, come to save us from who knows what disaster.
In actuality all beings have different abilities, and each should be assessed on the evidence demonstrated by the way he lives his life. This takes time.
I think the greys have proven where they are in regards to us - but then again there may be a desperation motivating them. Look at how our drug company scientists and cosmetic manufacturers torture little animals.
I really hope with string theory and exploring the quantum world our scientists make good headway into the new discoveries that are sure to await us. I will probably be planted by that time, but maybe not.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM

BTW it hit the major media about Astronaut Edgar Mitchell

FOXNews.com - Ex-Astronaut: Aliens Are Real and NASA Knows It - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

the timing of all this makes you wonder another story has been released about UFOs being spotted

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html

Folks Travelmate38 may be on to something. There has been alot of UFO activity and government disclosures (France/England) this year and Larry King has had 4 shows on UFOs within a few months. Now we have a former astronaut coming out.

This diagram came from the UK files that were just recently declassified. The author of the diagram believed alien craft used decoy methods to avoid detection, carrying not humans but "fallen angels". Ive always believed that Fallen Angels and Extraterrestrial were the same beings. The Bible even talks of non-humans or Fallen Angels coming to earth and teaching man how to make weapons, the same way they are helping our government today with technolgoy.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016574,00.html

Last edited by gsoboi; 07-24-2008 at 03:52 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 06:38 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,581,145 times
gsoboi wrote:
Quote:
Have you ever thought that Buzz Aldrine is one of the ones thats part of the cover-up? Neil Armstrong saw some things but hes not coming out and saying what he saw. Not every astronaut is going to come out the way Edgar Mitchel did. There is no physical evidence available to scientists but testimony from very credible sources should be enough to know they are real.
For myself the only convincing evidence is hard physical evidence that we can examine for ourselves instead of just taking someone's testimony at face value. I know that in law enforcement and in a court of law eyewitness testimony is notorious for being dead wrong and it has sent an unknown number of individuals to prison for crimes they didn't commit. When a claim is made that is this extraordinary it really requires a comparable level of evidence. I don't deny that there's some very interesting information out there that might lead someone to believe that there's a coverup or that certain information is being withheld from the public but take a look at human nature. Consider all of the scandals and secret activities that have been exposed even though the individuals involved were some of the most powerful people in the world (Bill Clinton comes to mind and only two individuals knew the details of what was going on but it became public knowledge). I don't believe that a secretive group of individuals would be capable of hiding information of this importance from the public for a long period of time. Also it would have to involve a very large number of individuals because our space program is a very sophisticated industry that has a multitude of experts in all sorts of matters and even lower ranking technical people would certainly be exposed to these secrets due to the nature of their jobs. The bottom line for me is that there aren't any coverups regarding aliens because human beings are incapable of a coverup of this magnitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal