Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
To anyone who thinks the moon landings were faked it's worth pointing out that the astronauts left a laser reflector on the surface of the moon during the Apollo Missions and scientists at the University of Arizona in Tucson have been using it for decades. It has proven that the distance between the earth and the moon increases by about an inch and a half every year. So how did that reflector get to the moon if we didn't really go there? Even our enemies in the Soviet Union in that era acknowledged that we had landed on the moon.
But then again it could have been possible to send an unmanned vehicle to put the reflecter on the moon the way we put rovers on mars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 AM

90 posts, read 209,596 times
are UFOs and extraterestrials real?

Yes, extraterestrials are real. They are Holy and fallen angels.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
SeekerSA wrote:

Are you really serious? I watched a documentary about this subject a year or two ago and they interviewed some of the people in Tucson who do this work with the reflector as part of their job. Are you suggesting that the University of Arizona and hundreds if not thousands of individuals are part of a coverup that has lasted for decades? Do you also think that the robotic equipment we have on Mars is also part of an elaborate hoax? And what about the high quality photos that we've seen from Mars and other planets? Were they made in Hollywood?
Montanna I question everything.

The anti conspirators say that the hubble telescope is not able to discern space junk on the moon and make a convincing argument. Now you simply dump the idea of a reflector being placed on the moon and expect me to accept it now where do you aim the laser seeing the hubble telescope cannot see the landers and other space junk? You are talking 440k miles and precision alignment of a device that had to fit in the lander. I am using common logic here and not something I read.

As for mars I don't know - do you really think folk in general care anymore? This is why I said conspiracy theories are fun. I love seeing how folk deny support with equally lame unsubstantiated facts on the net. At the end of the day you either come away with your own conclusions or you enter into these discussions with a pre bias.

I read a whole website dedicated to debuking the conspirators and athough compelling arguments were offered, many conclusions were equally weak as were the conspirators. In fact internet debates on whatever subject are like this - same tactics.

I just find it facinating how folk think and are influenced by whatever takes their fancy. Each side claims theirs is the Real Truth (tm) so what is real anymore?

I have been fooled too many times when I was younger to now just accept anything carte blanche.

BTW you do not need thousands of folk to cover up, all you need is a good propaganda strategy. It has worked for eons and after a truth a reconcilation like we went through here in SA you get a new grip on reality, things change.

History is always written by the victors. never forget that. And another rule of thumb is going with the flow. Time has a way of exposing the truth.

Transparency was not a buzz word in the mid 20th century. Your statute of limitations has released documents blacked out - Why? What is there still to hide? The cold war is over or is it? These are the nourishment of conspiracy theorists, JFK/Marylin Munroe, 9-11 and many more. But it makes the world interesting does it not?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
SeekerSA wrote:
Quote:
Now you simply dump the idea of a reflector being placed on the moon and expect me to accept it now where do you aim the laser seeing the hubble telescope cannot see the landers and other space junk?
Actually I didn't dump the idea of the reflector out there, it's been public knowledge since the Apollo days. There are many people who actively study the data at the University which is part of what they do for a living so it seems extremely far fetched to think this whole thing is just some conspiracy. I don't have the technical knowledge of how the laser functions and finds it's target but I can't even imagine what the purpose would be of pretending that it's real if it isn't. What would be gained from doing that and why would a major University give people a paycheck who are doing this work if it's not real? That makes no sense.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmos View Post
are UFOs and extraterestrials real?

Yes, extraterestrials are real. They are Holy and fallen angels.
That is backwards.
Angels of both sorts are space aliens.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
goldengrain wrote:
Quote:
That is backwards.
Angels of both sorts are space aliens.
I'm just curious, how did you come up with this information?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
goldengrain wrote:

I'm just curious, how did you come up with this information?
Yeah really! This thread is a bit too spooky for me too. I'll go for the Stephen Hawkings take on the question. I'm with him when he said, "So should we worry about aliens? Alien abduction claims come from "wierdos" and are unlikely." And this, "Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare. Some would say it has yet to occur on earth"

Cheers,

Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Sometimes, just going with numbers, one has to believe there's life out there. How advanced or intelligent that life is is another question.

Dr. Frank Drake's formula, more commonly known as the Drake Equation, provides compelling argument for the possibility of life on other planets. Of course, there are so many unknown variables that these numbers can be finessed when placed into the formula to make the result substantiate whichever side your one (for or against extra-terrestrial life).

Still... thought provoking nonetheless.

What Is The Drake Equation?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Yes Ive always believed that. Angels and demon are what we think of today as extraterrestrials.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
I was listening to some study done concerning the reaction of our various populations if the government released all it knew about aliens.
As we expected, some religious fundamentalist groups were expected to really panic because people with a really solid world view, when seeing that change, have a really hard time accepting it. The other group that would experience great emotional upheaval would be scientists, for the same reason - the absolute certainty that they have that they have it right, it is their viewpoint that is correct and leaves little room for another.
I really respect scientists and feel that many are in many ways unsung heros, brick by brick trying to unfold and categorize our universe, and realizing that how we interpret findings of the future rests on how well we have explored the world we already know.
It is hard to consider tomorrow without a really solid footing in the present.
So they require a very skeptical mindset, firmly rooted in what we now know, to do their work. Very few become real visionaries, very few can have a foot in both worlds.
But in such an environment it is hard to accept the new. The story of innovation in the scientific world has many examples of ridicule for the new, especially if it did not come from their 'approved' sources. So the close-mindedness required for much of their work can inhibit speculation and open mindedness.

At least science is able to change over time, as newer facts are uncovered and accepted.

Some religious world views seem to live only in the past. Nothing new is being added. It is though God may have died with the end of whichever testament.

Then, there are also UFO groupies on the other side of the spectrum, the sort who preach that we will be taken aboard the craft and rescued from 'whatever' and live happily ever after. I think they say they are in constant contact with our space brothers. Some of them, if you listen long enough, really sound as though they are not in touch with reality. The ones who do seem to have their acts together may be trying to make a buck.

But the bulk of people actually do think aliens make sense and seeing our government's response, believe there is some sort of coverup. They may differ in how deep the coverup goes and why it is happening, but this is their truth. Some may even have had some contact. Not unbalanced, not selling anything, not looking for publicity, but just simple everyday people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal