Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 01:49 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times

Advertisements

Another classic is Scott Peck's ''The People of the Lie''. An interesting combination of theology and psychology in examining behaviors and mentalities in a definition of evil.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 09-22-2017 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 02:13 PM

11,119 posts, read 9,756,639 times
I dated a guy, I'll call him Aaron, a few times back in the 80's, (I was 21). At first I was charmed, or impressed I guess, because he had been a big deal football star at our high school. He started acting odd and was flashing money around, and then disappeared for a few weeks. When he called me later, I told him I didn't really want to go out with him anymore. Something was off with him, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

A few months later, late at night, I got a knock on the door and I looked through the peek hole but couldn't quite see who it was. Thinking it was a different male friend coming over after he got off work, I opened the door a bit. It was Aaron and he seemed drunk. I tried to get him to go, but he wanted in and sort of pushed past me. I told him to go, but he tried to kiss me and pinned me to the wall by my arms. I was home alone because my roommate had a date. I was scared because he was being really forceful and I really felt that rape was minutes away. I tried to talk him down and get him to let me go. My skin was crawling from fear. He was starting to act more angry than amorous. I felt such negative feelings and evil power coming from him. He was a weightlifter and had so much scary strength. I felt like an animal in a trap, I couldn't get away. I told him my roommate was in her room and had a phone. I said if I scream she'll call 911. I pleaded with him to go and not hurt me. I finally talked him out of the apartment. I never saw him again.

6 years later I saw a story in the paper about a woman reported missing by her neighbors. A man had been coming and going from her place but no one saw her around. After the police came to investigate, they found Aaron had been living in her house. He told them she had gone out of town and he was housesitting. The police searched the home and found the lady. She had been stabbed with scissors and then chopped with an ax. Her body was crammed into a cardboard box in the garage of the home. Aaron was tried and convicted of her murder.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,906,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Another classic is Scott Peck's ''The People of the Lie''. An interesting combination of theology and psychology in examining behaviors and mentalities in a definition of evil.
Yeah, I've read that one. It's a good one, not to be missed.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,582 times
I don't know if it was exactly evil, but it was very negative and felt "heavy".

I had just moved to South Carolina with my parents from up North and had made a friend named Christa. Her mom was in the process of moving so Christa and I were helping with the move and finally had unloaded everything into the new location.

Being a couple of goofy 17-year-olds, we decided to go into the woods and follow a creek. We were first surprised by how far back the woods went and then by how wide the creek became. I've never been one to feel worried in the woods but started to feel uneasy. I kept going and shrugged it off because I didn't want to look like a coward to Christa. We came across what was left of a house in the woods. It looked as if it had been there a while. I started to feel very uneasy and noticed that Christa stopped walking as she came closer to the house. She made a comment about there being "bad vibes".

We went in but only stayed for a couple of minutes because we both started to feel inexplicably sad and scared at the same time. There was something very negative in there, and it was strongest in what had been the kitchen.

As we got further from the house, we both felt normal again.

About 5 years later, the house was torn down and buried under the kitchen floor was a toddler's skeleton.

I had moved out of SC by then but Christa sent me the newspaper article.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:53 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,906,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I dated a guy, I'll call him Aaron, a few times back in the 80's, (I was 21). At first I was charmed, or impressed I guess, because he had been a big deal football star at our high school. He started acting odd and was flashing money around, and then disappeared for a few weeks. When he called me later, I told him I didn't really want to go out with him anymore. Something was off with him, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

A few months later, late at night, I got a knock on the door and I looked through the peek hole but couldn't quite see who it was. Thinking it was a different male friend coming over after he got off work, I opened the door a bit. It was Aaron and he seemed drunk. I tried to get him to go, but he wanted in and sort of pushed past me. I told him to go, but he tried to kiss me and pinned me to the wall by my arms. I was home alone because my roommate had a date. I was scared because he was being really forceful and I really felt that rape was minutes away. I tried to talk him down and get him to let me go. My skin was crawling from fear. He was starting to act more angry than amorous. I felt such negative feelings and evil power coming from him. He was a weightlifter and had so much scary strength. I felt like an animal in a trap, I couldn't get away. I told him my roommate was in her room and had a phone. I said if I scream she'll call 911. I pleaded with him to go and not hurt me. I finally talked him out of the apartment. I never saw him again.

6 years later I saw a story in the paper about a woman reported missing by her neighbors. A man had been coming and going from her place but no one saw her around. After the police came to investigate, they found Aaron had been living in her house. He told them she had gone out of town and he was housesitting. The police searched the home and found the lady. She had been stabbed with scissors and then chopped with an ax. Her body was crammed into a cardboard box in the garage of the home. Aaron was tried and convicted of her murder.
Wow!! You dodged a bullet on that one.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:10 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,086 times
One night I woke up out of a sound sleep in our house with an overwhelming sense that something bad was going to happen and we had to get out right now. I woke my husband. He was sleepy and wasn't comprehending what I was saying, but he didn't need to, he could hear the fear and urgency in my voice. He tried calming me down and reasoning with me, to no avail. We bundled up our one year old son, got in the car and drove on the toll road until the feeling passed. We were gone for over an hour. When we returned, the fear and unease were both gone, replaced with fatigue.

That was forty years ago and to this day, I can still recall the feeling of extreme fear like it happened yesterday. I'll never know if we needed to get out, but I heeded my intuition, it was that strong. I've never had anything happen like that before or since. Ray Bradbury's story title Something Wicked This Way Comes describes what I was sensing and felt the need to escape.

Last edited by jean_ji; 09-22-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 09-22-2017, 05:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I've been with people who made me feel like the energy was being pulled out of my body, leaving me feeling weak and depressed. Kind of like someone let the air out of me - and I mean ALL the air.

I think this is a result of being around negative energy, but I'm not sure.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post

Man, that gave me the willies!

Old 09-22-2017, 07:14 PM

978 posts, read 1,088,346 times
My whole life I've been around evil. Most people have. It will drive you crazy.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Yes, the guy who beat and sexually assaulted me was pure evil. He got a kick of inflicking pain on me. He was smiling while punching, kicking and stomping on my head. Face, stomach and ribs. He continued to beat on me even after I was subdued. After which he tried to strangle me. I wasn't the first either... he was wanted in another state for doing pretty much the same thing to a 14 year old girl and had already done time for another sexual assault of a 55 year old woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal