Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:55 AM

8,888 posts, read 5,369,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You mean like my ex-wife?
The first time I laid eyes upon DH's ex wife, I said This woman is nothing but trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 12:01 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Some years ago me and two friends were on a beer run to the corner store. Before crossing there was a middle aged woman on the sidewalk. She stopped, and gave us a paralyzing stare of what I can only describe as pure hatred and rage. We all looked at each other and mentioned how the look was so intense we were bothered by it. If she had a gun I have no doubt she would have opened fire in us. Creepy.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:20 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,538 times
I am a Christian. Yes, absolutely. One of my spiritual gifts is Discernment. Quite a lot of evil today is being disguised as "mental illness".

I've also interviewed a serial killer.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Yes but I am sensitive to that sort of thing and then only twice I think?? First let me say I am not religious . I do believe in good , bad and the spirit world but no longer abide by organized religion . So not sure where I fit there .

1. At the OKC bombing site , that took place the years I was living there . This was an outstandingly dark easy ( for me anyway ) to feel this THING around that place . It was terribly heavy and bad . So bad I had to leave . This -whatever it was- had nothing to do with Timothy McVeigh as bad as he was and the horrible damage he caused/ ruined lives for so many . This was very evil and stand alone.

2. A house my ex husband and I purchased from a family that insisted on owner finance. This was fine with me an never gave it another thought until we moved in . Firstly we could not get the full amount of insurance we wanted due to it's distance from a lone volunteer FD. I didn't feel a thing when we went to go look at it . It had been vacant a long time and they wanted rid of it . It passed inspections that we ordered and paid for otherwise- no neighbors close by . We partially moved in and very shortly felt something wrong . This time it was myself , my very redneck ex husband who thought only in black & white, and all the children felt it and we found ourselves ALL refusing to go to our rooms .

For 3 weeks we ALL slept together in the living room and were able to identify something in 4 places in this very small one story house on 5 acres. The kids became truly frightened and it just got more and more invasive and bad enough that I was heavily using salt and burning sage and used some holy water I brought back from Lourdes-That was only holding it back NOT getting rid of whatever . You could see a dark figure or figures out of the corner of your eye and you'd turn to look and nothing . . We were not injured but there was something very angry in there .
Finally we had to take our daughter 50 miles away to a dance camp and on the way there I told my ex husband that I felt we had made a mistake so bad that I was willing to walk away , board the horses , lose my down payment and trash my credit to get away and he agreed with me. So we made plans to let the owners know and move asap even leaving some things behind as we had been too hesitant to move all the way in .
On the way back we noticed a column of smoke in the distance the closer we got the closer we could see it was in our area , neighborhood and finally saw our house was on fire and something else was wrong . Lightning had struck it. We were on the side of Lake Corpus Christi and there was alot of heat humidity and static electricity in the air every afternoon and on this day it struck our house , blowing off my bedroom the actual bolt going through my floor and in to the dirt below . Only one bedroom was on fire but the rest of the house had been microwaved . Everything was warped broken and really terrifying looking . Like my new desktop at the time looked like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_...Bubble_Plastic . The Fire Chief said we would have been killed had we been in the house . We left . We only took the animals and what was still in boxes in the garage . Thank goodness I had at least personal prop ins of $10,000 . The home ins went to the owners and they took it and let us go with no repercussions.

A friend kept my horses until I was on my feet .
My gall bladder burst shortly after
My ex husband had a nervous breakdown ONE week later and disappeared after 15 years
We found out that a woman had been a foster parent in that house and had killed a child in the bedroom that was on fire then to avoid going to jail killed herself in another part of the house a few weeks later .
The owners never told us .

I should add in the 3 weeks that we lived there I had a cousin commit suicide that I was very close too and my ex husband going back to the last load of farm equipment had a truck wreck so bad I do not know how he survived it . A tractor trailer hit him .

It was bad and I am lucky to be alive .

Old 09-23-2017, 02:50 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
The first that I actually articulated that way was about 20 years ago when I was working in home health care. We had a patient who was diagnosed with ALS, an elderly woman. I was at a meeting with the family and the county Adult Protective Services social worker at the local hospital. APS was involved because there was severe neglect to the point that the woman had to be hospitalized: malnutrition, dehydration, bedsores, filth, lice, etc.
The APS worker and I were trying to help the family work out the care issues or consider nursing home placement. Their interest was less than promising to say the least and the daughter was downright bizarre. She just did not want to be bothered and talked about her mother like she was a pet goldfish who dared to dirty up it's bowl. It just made my hair stand on end and I felt a strong impulse to leave the room. I was seasoned in my field, no stranger to abuse and neglect and family dysfunction, but this felt different, creepy.
The meeting ended with the daughter standing up and telling us that she was leaving her at the hospital and didn't care what happened to her and then they all got up and left.
The next day I was talking with the APS worker on the phone and out of nowhere she blurted out, ''You know, I actually felt evil in that room.'' I told her I did too. That was just what it was. This was many years ago. I ran into that worker at the grocery last year, both of us now retired. Immediately we brought that memory up and talked about it. I never felt that again in a professional role and I do believe that people can be possessed or oppressed by evil forces.
Ok, spill Shelia! LOL
As a person who was severely and relentlessly tortured by a sadistic Mother from infancy-18 yr, it occurs to me that the Mother in the case perhaps had been abusive, maybe monstrously so.
Perhaps she was the evil one whose presence you felt, and the daughter had good reason to loathe her.
The day my Mother died was the best day of my life though I wish her death had been slow and agonizing rather than sudden and swift (vehicle accident).

I'm sure the hospital staff though she was a nice old lady when the ambulance brought her in; my indifference when I was called probably baffled them as you were baffled by the daughter's reaction.
Child abusers get old too, you know, and die, and look like sweet old ladies and folks don't think about that I guess.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Years ago i gave a friend a ride to a woman friend of his house in the city. Turns out it was a 1/2 way house. This guy walked through the house from upstairs through the living room to the kitchen and back. The look he gave me was chilling. White guy,about 35 yrs old. dark hair close shaved and tons of muscles.
Turns out he had just got out on parole for murder.
Evil for sure.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:35 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
As a person who was severely and relentlessly tortured by a sadistic Mother from infancy-18 yr, it occurs to me that the Mother in the case perhaps had been abusive, maybe monstrously so.
Perhaps she was the evil one whose presence you felt, and the daughter had good reason to loathe her.
The day my Mother died was the best day of my life though I wish her death had been slow and agonizing rather than sudden and swift (vehicle accident).

I'm sure the hospital staff though she was a nice old lady when the ambulance brought her in; my indifference when I was called probably baffled them as you were baffled by the daughter's reaction.
Child abusers get old too, you know, and die, and look like sweet old ladies and folks don't think about that I guess.
Oh, yes. This reminds me of Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. No one believed what their daughters said about them. After all, they were talented and beautiful, how dare anyone mess up the flawless image in the eyes of their fans? Same with Bing Crosby, Gene Tierney, Henry Fonda, OJ Simpson, Bill Cosby ... couldn't possibly do bad things because people idolize them. Albert Fish looked harmless enough (unless you're like me and see the death behind the eyes). Ted Bundy was charming. And some of the most perverted people I've encountered have been little old men.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:12 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You mean like my ex-wife?

No, actually it was my ex-husband. Oh, yeah, and my 4th grade teacher.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:54 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,456,008 times
About a year and half ago on my morning commute a woman got on the train a stop or two after mine and I immediately sensed something off about her. She stayed standing at front of first car. She had disheveled appearance and was obviously distraught like a mental patient. She would move in odd slightly spastic movements, clench her hands and the upright support bar as if she was trying to keep her composure. She conjured up image of the thugs in the park who manifested themselves in the movie "Devils Advocate" in this scene (warning graphic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmuYRlpNZCc

Anyway, besides the visuals I felt a pall over come the car I was in. It was bizarre I looked up at her for a moment and then after noticing the behavior for about 30-45 seconds I immediately began praying for her. It was the one thing that made the pall (evil?) dissipate (to me).

The more I prayed the calmer it felt. This was not anything rote religious just a heartfelt plea for whatever was tormenting this woman to release itself from her. I never saw her before or after. I think she was still on train after I left but I didn't want to remain anywhere near her as she seemed possessed by something.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:43 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Oh, yes. This reminds me of Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. No one believed what their daughters said about them. After all, they were talented and beautiful, how dare anyone mess up the flawless image in the eyes of their fans? Same with Bing Crosby, Gene Tierney, Henry Fonda, OJ Simpson, Bill Cosby ... couldn't possibly do bad things because people idolize them. Albert Fish looked harmless enough (unless you're like me and see the death behind the eyes). Ted Bundy was charming. And some of the most perverted people I've encountered have been little old men.
Yep. My Mother was also beautiful, glamorous and charismatic and life of the party type. Attention seeking.
Folks tended to kiss her a**. Sickening to witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal