U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:09 PM

4,768 posts, read 2,595,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
[

The lies continue from the establishment. They never found any relics inside the The Great Pyramid, or a mummy.

Pyramids of Giza | National Geographic

Yup they think, that's it, and then they lie, saying they know. Lots of us think, and there's lots of theories that are just as valid as theirs. Why? Because they don't really know and they're full of crap. Just like in regards to the precision cutting of the stones, by multiple civilizations. Handed down knowledge from a single source, plain and simple.
Are you saying that just because there were no relics or mummy found inside the great pyramid that there never were artifacts or mummies in the great pyramid? Also I am not sure you know what the word precision means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 04:34 PM

3,980 posts, read 2,966,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
There seems to be a gaping hole, a disconnect where as the flow of information between ancient civilizations and the development of modern man in historical documentations.
I actually think it's remarkable how much text we do have from early civilizations. I mean, look around your house. Ask yourself how much of the printed (electronically, on paper, or on other surfaces) will be present and readable/accessible in 25 years. How about in 100? 200? 1000?

Then when you consider how much rarer written texts were the further you go back in history, and that many texts were the only copy, or one of a limited number of copies, of the thing, it becomes, IMO, quite clear how so much gets lost.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:34 PM

15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I actually think it's remarkable how much text we do have from early civilizations. I mean, look around your house. Ask yourself how much of the printed (electronically, on paper, or on other surfaces) will be present and readable/accessible in 25 years. How about in 100? 200? 1000?

Then when you consider how much rarer written texts were the further you go back in history, and that many texts were the only copy, or one of a limited number of copies, of the thing, it becomes, IMO, quite clear how so much gets lost.
Yup. Precisely. Before the invention of the printing press, written records were rare and precious. Then you factor in all the sacked cities, burned libraries, pillaged monasteries, natural disasters, etc., it's a rare wonder that we have as much ancient history and literature as we do. Archaeology has helped to fill in a lot of the gaps, but there are still vast swaths of our past that are unknown.

That doesn't mean aliens were involved. It just means there are gaps in the history.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:23 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,595,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. Precisely. Before the invention of the printing press, written records were rare and precious. Then you factor in all the sacked cities, burned libraries, pillaged monasteries, natural disasters, etc., it's a rare wonder that we have as much ancient history and literature as we do. Archaeology has helped to fill in a lot of the gaps, but there are still vast swaths of our past that are unknown.

That doesn't mean aliens were involved. It just means there are gaps in the history.
I think the real question is if they had sheep. I mean what IS a sheep? If you look at their eyes you know that they are not from here. ALIENS.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:11 AM

6,209 posts, read 1,505,357 times
One really needs to read up on the Sumerians to understand the alien connection. I do not believe they had any influence in the pyramids construction per say, but their physical location...maybe.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:39 AM

4,034 posts, read 3,267,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
That was simply a response to arrogance and condescension by those who think they have it all figured out as piles of dirt.

I find it interesting that you didn't object to Ramblers use of the terms "crackpot" and "conspiracy-Theory", but singled mine out.
Rambler spoke of being tired of seeing people buying into crackpot and conspiracy theories. You were directly insulting the people on this board.

Quote:
Saying slaves and pharoes built pyramids is a conspiracy theory too.
You do understand what conspiracy means, right? Because your equating someone's belief that slaves and "pharoes" built the pyramids has nothing to do with a conspiracy. And in any case, the evidence points toward the builders being paid employees, not slaves:

Quote:
Dieter Wildung, a former director of Berlin's Egyptian Museum, said it is "common knowledge in serious Egyptology" that the pyramid builders were not slaves and that the construction of the pyramids and the story of the Israelites in Egypt were separated by hundreds of years.

"The myth of the slaves building pyramids is only the stuff of tabloids and Hollywood," Wildung told The Associated Press by telephone. "The world simply could not believe the pyramids were build without oppression and forced labor, but out of loyalty to the pharaohs."
source

Old 10-11-2017, 11:11 AM

3,980 posts, read 2,966,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
And in any case, the evidence points toward the builders being paid employees, not slaves:
Yup. They've uncovered some buried ruins of rather prosperous worker villages, haven't they?

It wouldn't surprise me if they used chattel slaves in at least some of the grunt work, but much of the work would have been skilled labor requiring extensive training. The line between "slave" and "subject" could be fuzzy in parts of the ancient world, but stonemasons certainly would have been valued, trusted workers and a finite resource, not to mention the scribes, artists, animal handlers, cooks, priests, etc.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 AM

7,535 posts, read 4,024,473 times
Quote:

Seems to be a language barrier ...

https://www.ancient.eu/writing/

"Written language, however, does not emerge until its invention in Sumer, southern Mesopotamia, c. 3500 -3000 BCE."

Old 10-11-2017, 11:42 AM

7,535 posts, read 4,024,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You do understand what conspiracy means, right? Because your equating someone's belief that slaves and "pharoes" built the pyramids has nothing to do with a conspiracy. And in any case, the evidence points toward the builders being paid employees, not slaves:
Quote:
Yup. They've uncovered some buried ruins of rather prosperous worker villages, haven't they?

It wouldn't surprise me if they used chattel slaves in at least some of the grunt work, but much of the work would have been skilled labor requiring extensive training. The line between "slave" and "subject" could be fuzzy in parts of the ancient world, but stonemasons certainly would have been valued, trusted workers and a finite resource, not to mention the scribes, artists, animal handlers, cooks, priests, etc.
They were also, well fed ... The Institution of Slavery was a social economical construct (does not depict a person's intelligence) so as people in debt to their government could have their taxes paid rather than go to debtor prison ... just read that in ancient Rome, tattoos were given to signify, the person's (slave's) taxes had been paid.

edit to add:

Could be there was a culture divide rather than a language barrier (word of mouth) where as the modern day mystery in the construction of the pyramids is a derivative ...

The fiery end of the last Egyptian colony

"Egypt’s powerful centralized government ruled along the Nile, where pharaohs built the pyramids of Giza and reigned like gods over people who worshipped them. In contrast, Canaan was a land of warring city-states and hill tribes, spread out over what are now Israel, Lebanon, southwestern Syria, and the West Bank. At Canaan’s peak, there were about 20 such city-states in the southern area alone. Their culture was rustic, their power decentralized and weak." (pg2)

"Wealthy Canaanites liked to stock their tombs with imitations of Egyptian ushabti, figurines of people who would tend to the dead in the afterlife. “There was an Egyptianization, so to speak, of Canaan’s material culture,” says Ben-Tor. “The Canaanites were burying their dead with objects imported from Egypt or with local imitations of them.”" (pg 3)

"Sometimes the Canaanites added their own twists to Egyptian customs." (pg 4)

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-11-2017 at 12:20 PM..

Old 10-12-2017, 02:01 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,329,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I think they were built because they are the simplest stable structures that could be built with the technology they had. It would be much more impressive if they were building tall structures that did not have a much wider base than the rest of the structure.

I am not sure what your evidence of linkage between structure and ley lines is.

I do not think the spot is random, you needed a population that was there to build the structure, you needed the ability to feed that population and those that worked on the pyramids and I am sure they chose where they wanted to build from an area close to where they were. That does not mean that there were aliens involved.

It would be more impressive if the pyramids were built in a place that could not support a human population, like the bottom of the ocean or Antarctica, but they were built near where people were.

What do the non-outdated history books say?
No. They built pyramids and megalithic structures because it was taught that they have the best chance of withstanding a cataclysmic Earth event. If a meteor hit the Earth the Great Pyramid will still be standing. The empire state building, or a structure that is skinny at the bottom, and wide at the top, will not be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal