U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:42 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,579,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What is a video recording worth these days? Absolutely nothing. You only have to read the comments on any forum and folks do not believe them any longer. There are too many people using CGI to make fake movies.
People that have a point do not have to lie. Of course videos mean something. Videos seem to drop weekly that make a social or criminal impact in the US on a national level. There may be a reason that the vast majority of people do not believe the videos you want them to believe in are real. You come off as a bit of a tyrant IMHO, you want everyone to believe what you believe and anyone who does not is stupid. I like skeptical thought and discussion and am looking for the real evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You are probably the kind of person who would not believe them anyway, but I agree, it seems amazing that people do not think to take a movie or a picture of them at the time. Thats just how it is... people are far too engaged in the event to even think of that. The more amazing the event, the less likely people will think of whipping out their camera and snapping a picture of it.
Maybe in China but in the US that phone is out in a flash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 AM

1,676 posts, read 912,578 times
Maybe it's an escaped Flying Fox. I think they have about a 5' wingspan. It might appear even bigger if your not expecting to see one.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:59 AM

6,011 posts, read 1,465,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Maybe in China but in the US that phone is out in a flash.
Not necessarily, I read numerous UFO reports and you would be surprised how many people just do not think about reaching for their phone when something like this happens, many of them say afterwards, its surprises them that this was not their first thought. Its almost like events like this have a psychological effect making it less likely for them to go for their phone.

Plus, there is no guarantee, the phone will actually record what your eyes are seeing, plenty of people that have recorded strange craft end up with video of a blank sky, or no video at all. This may be a defense mechanism relating to their technology, a type of cloaking, or it could be, whatever they truly are, they may not be entirely 'compatible' with our technology. (the latter is likely imo).

Old 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM

4,768 posts, read 2,579,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not necessarily, I read numerous UFO reports and you would be surprised how many people just do not think about reaching for their phone when something like this happens, many of them say afterwards, its surprises them that this was not their first thought. Its almost like events like this have a psychological effect making it less likely for them to go for their phone.

Plus, there is no guarantee, the phone will actually record what your eyes are seeing, plenty of people that have recorded strange craft end up with video of a blank sky, or no video at all. This may be a defense mechanism relating to their technology, a type of cloaking, or it could be, whatever they truly are, they may not be entirely 'compatible' with our technology. (the latter is likely imo).
I am a skeptic that wishes to believe but to me this is all part of the shtick.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 AM

3,965 posts, read 1,751,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I find it hard to believe that not one of these 51 people pulled out their iPhones and shot a video of it. I mean, nowadays whenever there is an irate customer or a dispute on the bus you have five people pulling out their phones recording it. I would think a winged creature flying over the streets of Little Village would get at least one video recording.
I actually find it harder to believe that people would actually even try.

I guess if the thing landed in broad daylight on Main st & went window shopping I might have the presence of mind to whip out the phone camera.

The night I stepped on my front porch & startled what can only be called the Thunderbird ...

(yes, to those familiar with my on/off again ramblings & musings ... I’ve conceded & surrendered it to its rightful name... When your wings scoop the air with enough force to hit the eardrums of those below with a percussive & thunderous boom, you have satisfied your ancient namesake)

... I had my phone in my hand. Not only did I not even think to take a picture ... I wouldn’t have even noticed if I would have dropped it. I’m surprised I didn’t! For me & only me; time stood still.

In reality in was over in less than 60 seconds, with its croaking shriek still echoing off the bluffs behind me & the mountain wall to my right; it was gone. My hands that held the phone were still shielding my head, an instinctive reflex to the sound of massive talons on the roof that I thought was the chimney crumbling & tumbling down on top of my head.

Even afterwards. Days, weeks, months ... I spent an entire year trying to tell myself “ I did not see that because it doesn’t exist”. Vs saying “ I wish I would have taken a picture of what I saw!” Sure I say that now, back then I wouldn’t have, because I was trying to tell myself I didn’t see it!

Old 10-14-2017, 02:32 PM

11,618 posts, read 16,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I actually find it harder to believe that people would actually even try.

I guess if the thing landed in broad daylight on Main st & went window shopping I might have the presence of mind to whip out the phone camera.

The night I stepped on my front porch & startled what can only be called the Thunderbird ...

(yes, to those familiar with my on/off again ramblings & musings ... I’ve conceded & surrendered it to its rightful name... When your wings scoop the air with enough force to hit the eardrums of those below with a percussive & thunderous boom, you have satisfied your ancient namesake)

... I had my phone in my hand. Not only did I not even think to take a picture ... I wouldn’t have even noticed if I would have dropped it. I’m surprised I didn’t! For me & only me; time stood still.

In reality in was over in less than 60 seconds, with its croaking shriek still echoing off the bluffs behind me & the mountain wall to my right; it was gone. My hands that held the phone were still shielding my head, an instinctive reflex to the sound of massive talons on the roof that I thought was the chimney crumbling & tumbling down on top of my head.

Even afterwards. Days, weeks, months ... I spent an entire year trying to tell myself “ I did not see that because it doesn’t exist”. Vs saying “ I wish I would have taken a picture of what I saw!” Sure I say that now, back then I wouldn’t have, because I was trying to tell myself I didn’t see it!
How big was this "thunderbird" Did you feel like you were in danger? Did it look at you?

I have heard of the mothman. There was a movie in the early 2000's about it. But whenever it was present people died I thought.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:15 AM

3,965 posts, read 1,751,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
How big was this "thunderbird" Did you feel like you were in danger? Did it look at you?

I have heard of the mothman. There was a movie in the early 2000's about it. But whenever it was present people died I thought.
Just noticed your post from the link in the mothman thread.

Initially, it’s wingspan appeared to be as long as the house (about 40 ft) but I hadn’t taken into account how much altitude it had already achieved. I know it only flapped it’s wings once, because the wind knocked me backwards & there was a percussive “boom” that hurt my ears.

Given that it cleared the tree in the front yard with one “boom” & glided over the street & the houses on the other side; it had to be at least 40 ft up above me & I think the wingspan would have been almost 20 feet.

I don’t think it did look at me & if it had; I’m betting it would have had “glowing” eyes, which is easily explained with tapetum lucidum, or eyeshine. This Mothman is said to have glowing red eyes & red eyeshine is very common in noncturnal birds.

One consistent observation of those who have been interviewed after cattle mutilations is that they report seeing orange or red “orbs” in the sky the night before. Of course, this has led to theories of UFO’s as the cause for the mutilations but I think it’s more probable that they were just seeing eyeshine from this ... bird ... gliding through the night sky.

I felt in danger before I saw it because I stepped out onto my front porch in the middle of the night & heard a sound like rocks or bricks tumbling down the roof & it was dark. I put my arms up over my head but nothing landed on or around me. I didn’t feel a sense of foreboding as has been mentioned with this mothman thing. If anything, it acted very much like a startled bird, as if I’m the one that scared it!

I won’t ever forget the sound of it’s shriek, though. As it passed over me it screamed, sort of like an eagle or a hawk but raspy or almost like a croak.

I’m interested in the mothman sketches. It looks like the skeletal structure of the Pteranodon.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:41 AM

10,309 posts, read 12,373,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Very cool. As a nerd, I admit my first thought was:
Funny post, you sound more like the Joker though.

The article is interesting, and theres something scarier abkut a flying humanoid that can swoop down out of nowhere. Its probably a large bird but a good story either way.

Perhaps a large...Penguin maybe?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:46 PM

1,930 posts, read 3,167,857 times
It’s Nancy Pelosi. She’s a lil peed off these days

Old 10-09-2018, 03:55 PM

137 posts, read 64,089 times
What does it eat? Where does it live? I would think there would be a significant number of sightings based on the descriptions provided in these posts. I chuckled a little bit at the rationalization of why there's no video evidence. Perhaps some tough guys can start up a search party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or