U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:41 PM

15,005 posts, read 16,576,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
OK,I will go along with you.

Let's hear from the local detractors.
Shrooms are a helluva drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 07:49 PM

6,042 posts, read 5,817,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Shrooms are a helluva drug.

LOL. Who needs shrooms when you can get twice the theta high from jamming with a troupe of drumming sasquatches?

Old 10-05-2017, 12:05 PM

15,005 posts, read 16,576,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. Who needs shrooms when you can get twice the theta high from jamming with a troupe of drumming sasquatches?

Porque no los dos? Hell, the sasquatches usually bring them.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:56 PM

72,873 posts, read 64,340,187 times
OP, I'd be tempted to bring a camera with a very large telephoto lens, the next time there was a drumming circle in that location, if I were part of your group.

BC and Alberta certainly have a lot of wilderness terrain. But I wonder how logging activities affect the critters? Not to mention the fires!

Old 10-05-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

OP, I'd be tempted to bring a camera with a very large telephoto lens, the next time there was a drumming circle in that location, if I were part of your group.

BC and Alberta certainly have a lot of wilderness terrain. But I wonder how logging activities affect the critters? Not to mention the fires!

Yes, I know it would be tempting to bring a camera but it's something we have all agreed not to bring to drumming circles. No technology at all, no batteries, no flashlights, no cameras or cell phones or other kinds of video or sound recording devices of any kind. There's a number of reasons for that, aside from those things being an interference/interruption to the purpose of drumming circle. It's mainly so that nobody will take any identifying pictures/videos of the drumming circle locations nor of any of the circle participants (who may or may not be dressed) or of their drums and other possessions, nor of any of the wildlife that appear nor of any paranormal elements that may manifest during drumming circle.

There is no plastic or other synthetic items allowed at drumming sites either with the exception being essential things like plastic prescription eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses, prosthetics and dentures/dental implants.

Clothing is optional and should be of all natural fabrics or leathers. No plastic, polyester or other artificial fabrics can be allowed to have contact with the drums or be in their presence. All of the drum frames and skins and beater sticks and their decorations must be made of all natural things - such as wooden drum frames and beaters, animal skins and sinews, and other natural items like seashells, vegetation, feathers, soft leather and fur, natural herbal dyes, natural stones and crystals, and alloys such as gold, silver, platinum or copper are all appropriate.

I think that wildfires and logging and mining activities and human recreational activities and ATV's and tourists and hunters effect all the wildlife the same way. It's a disruptive invasion and sometimes destruction of them and their habitat that should be avoided but it's not easy to convince the wildlife or the humans of that and there's not much the wildlife can do about it anyway.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:38 PM

72,873 posts, read 64,340,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Yes, I know it would be tempting to bring a camera but it's something we have all agreed not to bring to drumming circles. No technology at all, no batteries, no flashlights, no cameras or cell phones or other kinds of video or sound recording devices of any kind. There's a number of reasons for that, aside from those things being an interference/interruption to the purpose of drumming circle. It's mainly so that nobody will take any identifying pictures/videos of the drumming circle locations nor of any of the circle participants (who may or may not be dressed) or of their drums and other possessions, nor of any of the wildlife that appear nor of any paranormal elements that may manifest during drumming circle.

There is no plastic or other synthetic items allowed at drumming sites either with the exception being essential things like plastic prescription eyeglass frames and lenses or contact lenses, prosthetics and dentures/dental implants.

Clothing is optional and should be of all natural fabrics or leathers. No plastic, polyester or other artificial fabrics can be allowed to have contact with the drums or be in their presence. All of the drum frames and skins and beater sticks and their decorations must be made of all natural things - such as wooden drum frames and beaters, animal skins and sinews, and other natural items like seashells, vegetation, feathers, soft leather and fur, natural herbal dyes, natural stones and crystals, and alloys such as gold, silver, platinum or copper are all appropriate.

I think that wildfires and logging and mining activities and human recreational activities and ATV's and tourists and hunters effect all the wildlife the same way. It's a disruptive invasion and sometimes destruction of them and their habitat that should be avoided but it's not easy to convince the wildlife or the humans of that and there's not much the wildlife can do about it anyway.

Interesting group. Are there First Nations women in this group? If there aren't, it means someone did a lot of research, to come up with those rules.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting group. Are there First Nations women in this group? If there aren't, it means someone did a lot of research, to come up with those rules.

It's a multi-cultural, multi-racial group, it's represented by women whose ancestry and spiritual heritage is from cultures and races and religions from all around the world, so yes there are a few First Nations women who have joined over the years.

The rules weren't researched or made up by anyone in the group. I guess the simplest way of putting it is that they have come to us as understood "messages" or "instructions" coming from the spirit of drums to the group mind of the drummers during drumming sessions while participants have been in the shamanic trance state together.

By spirit I do not mean spirit as in a ghost or apparition of something that was once a living thing and then died leaving its spirit behind. I mean spirit as in the spirit of mother nature, the spirit of love and compassion, the spirit of the earthly elements, the spirit of universe, the spirit of intuition, the spirit of music, the spirit of beauty, the spirit of creativity, etc. In this case it's understood to be the spirit of drums, which encompasses all of those things and more, speaking to the human psyche. It's kind of hard to explain. You have to experience that transcendent theta brain wave state, the shamanic state of consciousness, to fully comprehend and accept it.

If you're interested in experiencing the transcendence achieved while in theta brain wave state you can go online and do a bit of research about it. There are instructions and recordings you can get of the various different kinds of instruments used for binaural sound therapy and you can listen to those to achieve the shamanic state of consciousness if you don't have your own drum. Drumming is the most effective method and doing your own drumming is best (and always more enhanced and more powerful when with a group) but there are some pretty good shamanic drumming recordings available to listen to. Just don't indulge in it too often because it can get overwhelming if you do and you can become too spaced out and silly with it. Once a week is okay for an individual. Our group gets together once a month and we have found that is just right for us as a group, since it is a powerful thing.

Last edited by Zoisite; 10-06-2017 at 01:30 AM..

Old 10-07-2017, 07:58 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,917,647 times
You write like a professional writer

Old 10-07-2017, 12:14 PM

432 posts, read 276,759 times
Your experience, Zoisite, also underscores how for many who are not self-described sasquatch *hunters* per se, yet are lucky enough to happen to encounter sasquatch, ....are not likely going into a location expecting to see one at all, and so no, they are not in that element armed with cameras, recording devices, or DNA collection kits. It's just a purely organic experience. Critics act so hyper suspicious of sightings that are not documented with hard evidence.... but seriously, I picture myself in that situation as a hiker, biker, forest-enjoyer, and #1, firstly, if I actually did encounter a sasquatch, I think I'd either be so overwhelmed with awe, or fear (can't say really till it happens) that my heart would be racing 200 beats per minute, my adrenaline through the roof, and it's doubtful I'd be fast enough to think "Wow---I have to obtain proof to show those people on XXX forum!" And #2, I truly think having an encounter like that, *for me*, would touch me so deeply that the very last thing I would want to do is provide incentive for a bunch of jacked-up-on-their-own-testosterone-and-desire-to-be-The-One Proof Hunters to go casing the woods to try to capture the experience I was just gifted to have, let alone be lucky enough to experience multiple times.

Do any of you hardcore Proof Hunters think much about what it will all be like if you do obtain that sacred proof? When that one person provides that undeniable proof, and there is no longer the quest to be The First to *publicly* win the trophy? Whatever that trophy is that you think you're going to get........

More & more, I completely understand how those gifted to experience such a thing and appreciate it for what it really is, consider themselves part of a sacred society, can see the handwriting on the wall as far as what full proof would cause, ...have the good sense to consider themselves priviledged and let it go at that.

Last edited by carolochs; 10-07-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 10-07-2017, 12:37 PM

432 posts, read 276,759 times
Frankly I don't mind that he felt compelled to write and publish the story to that other forum and to continue in a still ongoing discourse with them. Maybe they can set him straight about a few things. Harrison lake C | Sasquatch-BC - Forum It's actually an interesting forum with some good information sometimes and I have been reading there off and on for a couple years.

What's amusing to me, is someone taking a story by someone else from this forum, about something that happened not recently even, ....to another forum altogether and asking others if it sounds authentic. As if there exists actual experts who could authenticate something like this and then giving them the power to determine that by hanging on their every word. Then bringing those determination-words back here to throw in your face as if they should stand for something. Yes.....I find that very funny. How in the heck could ANYONE at that BC forum have any idea what happened to you and your drum circle and be in a position to say whether it sounds plausible or not, and then throw in insulting comments for good measure? Pffft. GMAFB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or