Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 07:37 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

I have read every post in this thread, and I can't stress enough that ALL posting here, especially those with questions, download "the spirit's book" from google.
The download is free.

That book(written by the spirits themselves) will answer every question you ever wanted to know concernig spirits, and the human existence.
There is no subject that isn't covered in that book.
The book is also available in most book stores.

It's long, but well worth the read.
Most of the book deals with questions asked to the spirits, and then answered by the spirits.
I know once you read this book, all your question will be answered.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 02:59 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Bob, any book arrives from the writers brain and so too does this one.

That means any 'truth' is going to have to pass through the writer's life filters. We all get to install a set of these filters as we go through life depending on our experiences. So, I wonder how much has been colored by the beliefs, culture, and education of the receiver of this wisdom?

"written by spirits" does not make it any less likely to be colored in its writing. I, myself, dont think they have any better access to the 'truth' than we do if we put out minds to it. I have seen many truths as I am sure you have and each one comes with an assurance of its authenticity.

Personally I have not read it yet, but a number of us on this forum (OK, maybe just me) would probably judge a religious book fairly harshly if we were to read it the same way you are asking us to read this one.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Bob, any book arrives from the writers brain and so too does this one.

That means any 'truth' is going to have to pass through the writer's life filters. We all get to install a set of these filters as we go through life depending on our experiences. So, I wonder how much has been colored by the beliefs, culture, and education of the receiver of this wisdom?

"written by spirits" does not make it any less likely to be colored in its writing. I, myself, dont think they have any better access to the 'truth' than we do if we put out minds to it. I have seen many truths as I am sure you have and each one comes with an assurance of its authenticity.

Personally I have not read it yet, but a number of us on this forum (OK, maybe just me) would probably judge a religious book fairly harshly if we were to read it the same way you are asking us to read this one.
I have been involved with spiritual, and the paranormal for many, many years .
I have read more publication on these subjects, than I can possibly relate on this forum.
The spirit's book is the most informative, non-embellished, thoroughly understanding, publication I have ever read, which is why I recommend it as much as I do to people who have questions.

Usually in all publications, regardless of the subject mater, we are at the mercy of the author as to what is, and isn't fact.
We do not have that problem with the human author of this book, because he wrote what the spirits themselves told him to write, much of it through automatic writing.
He did not have to use his mind to wonder the true facts, before putting them on paper.
Any embellishment, or thoughts from the human author were clearly put into footnotes through out the book.

We humans are in no position to offer any kind of theory as to how spirits think, or their motivation as authors.
What I do know with no uncertainty is, the facts presented in this book do a thorough job of explaining the human, as well as the spirit existence.
There is no guess work, or speculation involved.
That alone separates it from most other publications.

Again, any of the situations we are faced with in our human existence are explained in this book.
As examples: you want to know why we dream, and what dreams mean?
You wonder why some people die in an accident, while others do not?
You wonder why a baby would be born with incredible physical abnormalities?
Why are some people successful, while others are not?
Why would a newborn, who is completely healthy, suddenly die within days of birth?
What happens to us when we die?

All these , and many, many more questions are answered in this book.
What I have found upon reading this book is, most of the life experiences I have dealt with personally, and some I have witnessed of others, are completely explained in this book.

As I said in the beginning, I have read many books, and publications over the years I have been involved with spiritual(which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with religion) and the paranormal, and this particular book is the most informative.

Bob.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:27 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uksam21 View Post
I guess my question is if we are indeed reincarnated. How do we not remember our past life? We only remember things from 3 years old to death.

Maybe just certain people can remember. I dont know.
Some kids to remember a past life. After about 6 years old, those memories fade. Later in life, something may trigger a past life memory, out of nowhere, but since our culture doesn't support that. people have no idea what to make of it, and usually dismiss it.

I also don't agree that we only remember things from 3 years old to death. I have a number of memories from well before 3 years old. There are psychologists who have techniques that help people access buried memories, too, and I'm not talking about hypnosis. I think that on some level, we remember everything; it's just that some memories get blocked. YMMV. I remember when I was acquiring language/speech, and struggling to make myself understood, and becoming frustrated that family members couldn't understand me, for example.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:44 PM

The oldest memory I have(and I remember it like it just happened) is when I could not have been more than months old.

I was in my crib, covered with poop.
My mother came into the room, and wiped me down, before she lifted me out of the crib.
I was crying like hell, because I was so full of s..t.
It was everywhere, all over me, and the crib as well.

Oddly enough, there are still some today who tell me I am full of s..t.

Bob.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:06 PM

My Dad's bigger than yours is, is just a playground boast which kids say to each other. I have also been involved with this paranormal/spiritual stuff for years as I am sure many on here have been.

OK, so I need to be more direct. This is the point I was making - This is what many of the Bible and Koran and other religious text book followers say about their religious literature. Read it, and it will answer your questions. If they are not answered, then you cannot have studied it hard enough. I met a Jehovah's Witness in the cafe in IKEA the other day - he told me so over coffee.

I believe it is "Horses for Courses" - you find a belief systems which suits you or you find a book which answers your questions, or you find a guru who acts the way you want to act. We search and then if we search hard enough, we find something which answers our personal questions. It is the searching which brings knowledge and makes us wiser not necessarily the result we find at the end.

Automatic writing can be produced by hypnotism and is a function of the unconscious brain. I agree, the mind MIGHT access other realms, but it still has to pass through the brain to the physical 3D arm and through life's filters and beliefs so writing of this kind is NOT guaranteed "pure" or spiritual. Nor is it any more believable than books which are authored by non-automatic writing techniques.

If this is a book recommendation thread, then I vote "Illusions" by Richard Bach.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
My Dad's bigger than yours is, is just a playground boast which kids say to each other. I have also been involved with this paranormal/spiritual stuff for years as I am sure many on here have been.

OK, so I need to be more direct. This is the point I was making - This is what many of the Bible and Koran and other religious text book followers say about their religious literature. Read it, and it will answer your questions. If they are not answered, then you cannot have studied it hard enough. I met a Jehovah's Witness in the cafe in IKEA the other day - he told me so over coffee.

I believe it is "Horses for Courses" - you find a belief systems which suits you or you find a book which answers your questions, or you find a guru who acts the way you want to act. We search and then if we search hard enough, we find something which answers our personal questions. It is the searching which brings knowledge and makes us wiser not necessarily the result we find at the end.

Automatic writing can be produced by hypnotism and is a function of the unconscious brain. I agree, the mind MIGHT access other realms, but it still has to pass through the brain to the physical 3D arm and through life's filters and beliefs so writing of this kind is NOT guaranteed "pure" or spiritual. Nor is it any more believable than books which are authored by non-automatic writing techniques.

If this is a book recommendation thread, then I vote "Illusions" by Richard Bach.
I would like for you to go back to the post where I described some of the questions asked in this book, and take any one, or all that I quoted, and tell us your answers to those questions.

Bob.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:54 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,365,874 times
I believe that the spirit in us are energy. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed but change forms. Also your memories are human so when you die your memories dies with you. You were John/Jane in this life so when you die, John/Jane no longer exist.

However, hypnosis revealed that some folks remembered past lives they've lived. I have a doubt in that because energy can't have memory.

Or am I missing something?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie45
Many are of the belief when we die we go to Heaven (hopefully) and meet people we knew on earth; How could that occur if people's souls were recycled/reincarnated and already back here on earth?

If reincarnation is valid, the recycled soul has no remembrance of their previous life, so what would be the point? Unless at some time a bazillion years from now all of those 'souls' met up at a reunion? Talk about multiple personalities!
I can only tell you what I have read, and that is you leave a certain amount of your energy (~15-75%) behind because you need more or less depending on the difficulty of your lifetime here. Of course this is only one viewpoint but it is distilled from regression hypnosis of between-lives experiences. The wiping of memory is so that you do not get ideas above your station if you were King Whatever in another lifetime. It is also perfectly possible to have other lifetimes as other beings non-human too.

The whole point about life it seems is to learn certain lessons to allow your spirit to progress towards God/Source/etc, if, as a human, you remembered things you had done previously the lesson would not be learned so effectively. The spirit remembers everything it has experienced in this reality and in others too. Thats the theory I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals
If this was the case, the world population would have had not this explosive population growth.
You obviously do not believe there are other worlds with other beings on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie45
What fascinates me is that if I'm watching a movie made during a certain time period, I feel as though I've been there, and feel comfortable there. Don't know if that is just my imagination or is an indication that one of my past lives did reside then. Very, very interesting!

Also, I've had dreams that are all too real about specific events and in my dream I've truly living that experience . . . and they are definitely not related to anything in my present life.
What you describe can possibly be attributed to Out-of-Body travel which is said to be almost more real than daily life. The Christos Experiment is an interesting technique (CD post) which has been performed by many people and is said to accesss past lives or at least enable folks to vividly imagine what may be...and here too, same thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calguy
I would like for you to go back to the post where I described some of the questions asked in this book, and take any one, or all that I quoted, and tell us your answers to those questions.
And the point of that would be...
You would just argue with me. What I said is true, you are pushing a belief story book just as if it were a religious book. Religious people would say they have all the answers in their holy books too.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I can only tell you what I have read, and that is you leave a certain amount of your energy (~15-75%) behind because you need more or less depending on the difficulty of your lifetime here. Of course this is only one viewpoint but it is distilled from regression hypnosis of between-lives experiences. The wiping of memory is so that you do not get ideas above your station if you were King Whatever in another lifetime. It is also perfectly possible to have other lifetimes as other beings non-human too.

The whole point about life it seems is to learn certain lessons to allow your spirit to progress towards God/Source/etc, if, as a human, you remembered things you had done previously the lesson would not be learned so effectively. The spirit remembers everything it has experienced in this reality and in others too. Thats the theory I believe.

You obviously do not believe there are other worlds with other beings on them.

What you describe can possibly be attributed to Out-of-Body travel which is said to be almost more real than daily life. The Christos Experiment is an interesting technique (CD post) which has been performed by many people and is said to accesss past lives or at least enable folks to vividly imagine what may be...and here too, same thread

And the point of that would be...
You would just argue with me. What I said is true, you are pushing a belief story book just as if it were a religious book. Religious people would say they have all the answers in their holy books too.
Well...not exactly. Stop into R&S sometime and see the arguments between fundamentalist and liberal Christian factions on whether the Bible is the literal word of God or the writings of men trying to define God. Or maybe don't. It can go on and on forever.

Back to topic, you might be surprised at how many of us who belong to a liberal Christian community give credence to the idea of reincarnation or some form of physical rebirth process.

I have just heard too many stories, including two in my own family, from people whose experiences point to having known one another in another life. Nothing provable with concrete evidence, of course, but also things that cannot be easily dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal