U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 08:10 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,153,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
When I stayed on the Queen Mary I had strange activity in the bathroom, and strange music. I also repeatedly had the smell of Rose perfume in a particular hallway, and a disembodied voice on deck near the bridge.
I have also stayed in two other hotels with haunting activity, the Spaulding Inn in NH and another hotel in Concord NH where I saw a full body apperition.

Strange that the subject of seeing spirits would come up at this time.

The last sentence of your post is what I am replying to.
There is some contradiction among spirits as it relates to humans being able to see spirits.
Personally I believe they can't, however I have found with spirits, I am getting two different opinions.
In the spirit's book I often mention, in one section it states, "your eyes are not equipped to see we spirits".(by your eyes, they are referring to humans)
In another section of the same book, one spirit states it is possible for humans to see apparitions.

I have, for many years, been involved with spirit contact, and fortunate in that I have had many, many contacts over the years.
As recent as last Thursday evening, I had contact, and one of the things discussed was humans ability to see spirits.
Of the three spirits I had contact with, they all said humans can not see spirits in human form.

That backs up my contention, then I started to think.
When a spirit states it is possible for humans to see apparitions, I wondered just what an apparition of a spirit would be.
Going back to the spirit's book, I found my answer.

We humans can not see spirits in human form, and if we see anything at all, it would be in the form of mist,something like a thin cloud, or visible vapor.
We may see them as a flash of light, in a darkened room, but never as a human.

At this point, like many, you are going to say, "I know what I saw, and it was in human form."
Many have said the exact thing when in conversation regarding what they saw.
I have heard, and read articles(even on this forum) where people swear by what they saw.
"It was my mother standing at the foot of the bed".
"I saw my grandfather standing in the hallway, then he disappeared".

The human mind is capable of conjuring up all kinds of things, depending on the circumstances involved.

I believe you saw something, but it was not a spirit in human form.
It may well have been a spirit , and in your mind it was the vision of a human being, when in fact it was more than likely a spirit being visible as a vapor, that happened to look as though it were a human.

How many of us have at one time, gazed up at the sky, and saw images in the clouds?
Those images are what we want them to be.
The same could be said of visual contact with a spirit.
I have seen pictures taken of what people believe was a spirit in human form, right down to assimilating a head, face, and eyes.
These vaporous spirits, like a cloud, can, and do change position, making them appear as something they truly are not.

One more thing before ending this post;
I am fortunate that I am able to contact(on a daily basis if I choose) my deceased partner who passed twenty five years ago.
In many of those contacts, he has stated he is here"in this room with you", but I have yet to see him.
I often feel his presence when we are in contact, but as for actually seeing him, that has never happened.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM

1 posts
Default Question;

Very interesting questions, and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Fist, let me say briefly something regarding the mind of a spirit.

Obviously they don't possess the mind we humans do, and have a much more elevated sense of everything.
Each and every action by any spirit is carried out merely by thought, but like humans, they too have limitations.
We humans would ask, how can spirits remember with no physical brain to do the thinking.

One needs to remember, spirits are not matter, they are more like a shadow, or vapor.

They have a universal intelligence that they can call upon when needed.

It is always available when they need to summon it, and they do that by thought.

Now your first question; Remembrance is second nature to spirits.
In their world, most of their time is used in remembering past lives, and experiences.
These spirits remember well what happened, but because it happened quickly, they were not ready to leave the bodies they inhabited, and as a result, perhaps from being young, and inexperienced spirits, knew of no way to get back into the spirit world.
They are stuck, as you put it.

Your second question; The spirit of a person bent on suicide is aware of an impending end of life for the body it is incarnated into.

As smart as we humans are, one must remember, our thoughts(all of them) are a result of the spirit's thoughts, and our actions are a direct result of what the soul within each of us determines.
Remember, we are nothing but a tool for the soul within us.
When our usefulness has diminished, the spirit knows it is time for our bodies to die, so that the spirit can return to it's real home, which is the spirit world.

Actually a planned suicide is somewhat of a gift to a spirit, for it knows that soon it will be on it's way home.

Spirits only inhabit a body for as long as they feel they need too.
If a spirit feels it has accomplished what it needed in one particular life, it yearns to be free to return home.
In some cases a spirit may decide it no longer wants to finish it's appointed task, and for no other reason, makes the choice to sever the relationship, by disembarking from the body, and that body dies.

In many instances we humans call that death from natural causes.
In any case, be it planned suicide, or natural causes, the spirit usually returns to the spirit world with in hours of leaving the body.
It is only when a body dies abruptly that the spirit has a difficult time removing itself from the body, and in many cases, can not find the way back to the spirit world because it is confused by the abrupt ending of life.

One short experience I had many years ago, and was my very first experience with EVP.
I had tried for seven days to contact a loved one who had passed on months before.
During the taping one night, this woman's voice came through, asking for help.

"Help me, please help me".
She repeated this three or four times.

The hair on my arm rose, and goosebumps filled my arms.

I was frightened, as well as elated.
Scared of the voice, but elated I had made contact.
In a later phone conversation with Sarah Estep, she explained to me that the voice was of a lost spirit.
A spirit in limbo with a strong desire to get back into the human body it was forced to relinquish.

That spirit was not able to move forward into the spirit world, and was seeking help to come back to this plain.
It was seeking me to be the conduit by which it could return to this side of the. veil.

Obviously that couldn't happen, but Sarah did offer me some advice, and I acted on it.
She instructed me, that in my next recording session to ask friendly spirits if they could seek out this lost spirit, and help her to pass into the spirit world.

Perhaps it worked, for I never heard from that spirit again.

The study of spirits, and related paranormal is a fascinating endeavor indeed, and I have learned so much over the years, and continue to learn.

Bob,[/quote]

What would happen if a person got pushed off a bridge out of nowhere and died hitting the water, where would the spirit go? Would it roam the sea? Or do something else?

Old Today, 12:12 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,153,595 times
[quote]What would happen if a person got pushed off a bridge out of nowhere and died hitting the water, where would the spirit go? Would it roam the sea? Or do something else[quote]

That would depend on the feelings, and thoughts of the spirit at the time of the incident.
The first instinct of any spirit, when exiting a body, is to return to the spirit world.
Spirits are aware when death of the body is imminent, but what confuses them is when it happens quickly, such as the incident you describe.
If it were an older spirit, chances are it would return to the spirit world, for elder spirits are accustomed to life ending because of many re-incarnations.
They instinctively return to the spirit world.

A younger, inexperience spirit would, in many cases, become lost, and in limbo, not able to return to the world of spirits, nor return to the earthly plain.
These spirits ,in most cases, remain at the spot where the incarnated body died.
In this event, more than likely the spirit remained on the bridge, perhaps for eternity.

Here in Southern California, Pasadena to be exact, the world famous Colorado blvd bridge has for many years been the subject of various suicides, and unfortunate deaths when it was constructed.
The bridge is said to be haunted by those who either took their own lives by jumping off, and those workers who fell to their death while building the bridge.

People have reported hearing voices below the bridge, mostly in the early evening.
Below the bridge is a recreational area where often people congregate for picnics and family gettogethers.

I personally had a paranormal experience a year or so ago, on the bridge.
It was a warm, summer afternoon, and I was driving across the bridge, top down, taking in the breeze.
On the side of the roadway on the bridge, there is a sidewalk for pedestrians.
As I drove along the bridge, ahead of me was this figure dressed in a long black coat, and black hat.
As I approached closer, the figure waved as I passed.
I could not see the face, and the form was more like a thick cloud shape, not solid as one would expect to see a person.
As I passed, I looked in my rear view mirror, and the figure was gone.
There was no place to hide on the bridge, and only one or two seconds had passed from the time it waved to me.

Obviously it was a spirit that had met death on that bridge at some time.

My belief is that this one particular spirit was one of the workers who died on the bridge, and never left it.

Getting back to your question, I don't believe the spirit of the person pushed over to it's death, remained in the water for eternity.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or