U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2017, 11:43 AM
 
972 posts, read 255,742 times
Reputation: 674

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
If any of these creatures start to become a threat we need to know their origin so we know who to call on to protect us. As Master Wong said: "While heroes like the Avengers protect the world from physical dangers, we sorcerers safeguard it against more mystical threats."
I'm gonna call Ghostbusters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2017, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Maine
14,649 posts, read 19,345,698 times
Reputation: 16597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, I am. There is evidence, but you do not accept it.
Such as ... ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 06:50 PM
 
Location: China
2,576 posts, read 2,884,269 times
Reputation: 2329
Sigh...

such as ... numerous huge impressions in the ground, witness sightings, etc.

So tell us that you recognize this is evidence of a kind or else I have to conclude that there is something else going on here.

As far as I am concerned, in this case, evidence is - things which go towards proving the existence of... whatever. Of course, since this is the paranormal forum, there is never likely to be enough evidence to prove this scientifically, but a normal amount of evidence from witnesses, and ground impressions, tracks, fur, hair, photos, sound recordings which are not identified animals(foxes, mountain lion, wolves, etc) over time will convince the normal person there is something there which needs to be investigated further. That I feel is a "normal" response.

If, however, people like yourself, continue to deny anything which is not absolute rock-solid scientific proof, then we have to conclude that you are here for some other reason than just to discuss these things.

And... just because you say you may have had paranormal experiences, does not make you a "believer" - but thats OK. No-one says everyone has to believe these things exist. It is the continual shouting for evidence that bores the pants off me and probably others too.

If you are closed-minded to the possibility of some physical evidence and the multiple reliable witness testimony which exists, then it is somewhat strange that this does not sway you a little bit towards the "believers" viewpoint. At least be open-minded and allow it to be in the 'unknown' category.

Now... which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Maine
14,649 posts, read 19,345,698 times
Reputation: 16597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
such as ... numerous huge impressions in the ground, witness sightings, etc.
None of which is solid evidence, especially when so many of the impressions, sightings, etc. have been proven to be hoaxes.

But even assuming some of the sightings are genuine, that still does no more to put Sasquatch in the natural environment than it does to put it in the supernatural realm.

Basic scientific facts (population needed for a healthy gene pool, daily calories needed, etc.) make it EXTREMELY unlikely that Sasquatch fits anywhere into the natural environment. Almost impossible, in fact.

I guess I could buy the notion that several hundred large primates are intelligent enough to avoid detection. But where are their graves? Their bones? A single tuft of hair? Their body waste? The answer: The same place as the unicorn habitat. Nonexistent.

Therefore: If Sasquatch exists, the supernatural is the best explanation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If you are closed-minded to the possibility of some physical evidence and the multiple reliable witness testimony which exists, then it is somewhat strange that this does not sway you a little bit towards the "believers" viewpoint. At least be open-minded and allow it to be in the 'unknown' category.

Now... which is it?
If you have some good physical evidence, I'd love to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 PM
 
Location: China
2,576 posts, read 2,884,269 times
Reputation: 2329
Quote:
If you have some good physical evidence, I'd love to see it.
Unfortunately, I dont see any 'evidence' you will accept or be enthusiastic about anything which people post on this paranormal forum here.

Personally, I think you just like to keep telling us you would "love to see" evidence. That does not really mean anything at all, so I dont know why you keep saying it. If you are not satisfied with what is already here, then you are wasting your time keep asking for it again and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2017, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Maine
14,649 posts, read 19,345,698 times
Reputation: 16597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Unfortunately, I dont see any 'evidence' you will accept.
DNA.

A verifiable bone.

A verifiable corpse.

Hair (to test the DNA)

Scat (to test the DNA)

I'd even love a good video or photo that isn't a Blobsquatch that can be put to expert scrutiny.

Unfortunately, none of that exists. So how can there be hundreds or perhaps thousands of large mammals roaming the wilds of North America and not a single one of those bits of evidence is available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
8,997 posts, read 9,846,151 times
Reputation: 17804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
DNA.

A verifiable bone.

A verifiable corpse.

Hair (to test the DNA)

Scat (to test the DNA)

I'd even love a good video or photo that isn't a Blobsquatch that can be put to expert scrutiny.

Unfortunately, none of that exists. So how can there be hundreds or perhaps thousands of large mammals roaming the wilds of North America and not a single one of those bits of evidence is available?
Don't forget the okapi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi#History

The search for the Yeti seems similar to the search for genuine shrunken heads. However several of these have been discovered amidst a cornucopia of fakes. We can say only that there is no evidence of the existence of the Yeti or Abominable Snowman at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2017, 10:25 AM
 
917 posts, read 699,263 times
Reputation: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
All the scientific evidence for Bigfoot, Yeti, etc. is pretty clear: It doesn't exist. At least not as part of the natural fauna of the environment.

IF Bigfoot exists --- and this is a huge, unproven if --- then the supernatural is the only remaining explanation.
Same conclusion I have come to. I think by now a hidden camera in the woods would have taken a picture of one or a dead body would have been found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2017, 11:38 AM
 
11,337 posts, read 12,738,441 times
Reputation: 29588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
....Therefore: If Sasquatch exists, the supernatural is the best explanation....
Ah!!! I get it. The secret weapon in the War Against Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2017, 11:52 AM
 
4,967 posts, read 1,207,319 times
Reputation: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, I am. There is evidence, but you do not accept it. Thats YOUR problem, not a problem with the evidence.

I believe you forget that these are not just "several hundred eight-foot carnivores roaming the woods of North America" but they are INTELLIGENT too. Bears are not particularly interested in remaining out of sight of humans, these cryptids are.



So you ARE saying that professor Jeff Meldrum is being hoaxed all the time, is investigating nothing at all and totally wasting his time with his research... And, you know this how?

The Missing 411 books document an ex-police officer's investigations into disappearances in USA National Forests. Many of the people he interviewed have seen large hairy man-sized creatures and some of the returned little children described the creatures who took them as dog-faced or "Mr Dog".

The ancient Eqyptian culture had fox/dog headded beings depicted on their walls, and as I said, many people have seen these things close-up in present times. You cannot dismiss ALL these types of witness accounts as hoaxes and made-up stories just because you do not believe it is true. What makes you correct and them wrong?
Plus, we are only privy to certain evidence, I have to assume better data and evidence IS OUT THERE, but what the general public has access to, is heavily controlled.

Just like we are now learning the US Govt has had physical evidence of UFOs, 'unknown metal alloys' being stored at various locations, secrets being kept classified, etc. this is all done for a specific reason, There is likely something about bigfoot, or its nature, that makes them think the public should not know about it.

Ive read lots of dogman encounters too, some of them going back to the 1800s and even earlier, this seems to be something different than bigfoot or sasquatch though. Most of the witness reports Ive read about dogmen, seem to describe an almost werewolf type of creature, and there is alot of historical references to these things too, so who knows whats true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top