Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:03 PM

1,285 posts, read 591,323 times

Advertisements

Not convincing.
It's the context of the onscreen text and voiceovers along with video that make this sensational.

But we have no knowledge that the video and the voiceovers and text are from the same incident.

Watch the video on it's own and ignore the text and voice.

It's quite boring and the 'craft' could be just video post processing / manipulation.
How is it possible that the object flying is so perfectly centered within the cross hairs?

The voiceover talks about other objects that are never seen, then the video abruptly ends and we are supposed to believe the object just raced off in some oblique angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:39 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Not convincing.
It's the context of the onscreen text and voiceovers along with video that make this sensational.

But we have no knowledge that the video and the voiceovers and text are from the same incident.

Watch the video on it's own and ignore the text and voice.

It's quite boring and the 'craft' could be just video post processing / manipulation.
How is it possible that the object flying is so perfectly centered within the cross hairs?

The voiceover talks about other objects that are never seen, then the video abruptly ends and we are supposed to believe the object just raced off in some oblique angle.
In general - and as big of a UFO skeptic which I am - I agree with your point. But, what would be the point of fabricating this video, keeping it a secret, only to release it at a later point in time?

Old 12-19-2017, 08:04 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,323 times
I think the NYTimes issued a correction to the text that accompanied the video and the correction said something about the object being just a 'drone'.

Regarding the purpose, who knows. Whatever motivates people to claim they saw a UFO.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:13 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Maybe I am stupid and reading it wrong, but, this is not some release from some BS website. This is an official US gov release, complete with a testimony with the conversation between the F-18's and the CG, and a video of the incident, additionally, one of the F-18 pilots as given his statement.

This is far beyond the ridiculous claims that have always come out.

I am the biggest skeptic out there, I actually believe in the rare Earth theory more so than anything, but, what in the hell was this?

Old 12-19-2017, 01:15 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,055,110 times
I've often wondered why no clear pictures exist of these "alien" aircraft. Mankind has the ability to take pictures from space so clear that a newspaper can be read but why not of "alien" aircraft?? Those are always fuzzy, out of focus, low quality photos.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:03 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
I've often wondered why no clear pictures exist of these "alien" aircraft. Mankind has the ability to take pictures from space so clear that a newspaper can be read but why not of "alien" aircraft?? Those are always fuzzy, out of focus, low quality photos.
Well, quantum stasis fields generated by a gravity altering singularity on board the craft render the air immediately surrounding it to appear fuzzy or out of focus to the observer...

Honestly I have no idea. I just made that up.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Guess you guys are all "young'uns" - I remember when the Air Force used to report on UFO's . . . then all of a sudden, the reporting was banned.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
I think thats because something about them or the nature of their craft, they are not entirely 'compatible' with our technology, you can get a much clearer image using IR, so that says alot.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:52 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
About 3yrs ago, my wife and I were in Puerto Rico. It was about 1am and were were on our way back from visiting her family and on our way to our resort.

As I’m driving, I’m looking at what I thought was an airplane since we were close to the airport. Weird thing was, it was coming in at a very steep diagonal angle. I tell my wife “this plane looks as if its going to crash coming in at that angle”. She agreed. Now this thing has both of our attention.

Next thing you know, the object just comes to a complete stop and hovers around for a while. We both look at one another and say “that’s not an airplane!” It was late at night so all we saw were lights from the object. After it hovers for around 2-3 minutes, the object just shoots up and vanished in a matter of a second. Faster than I’ve ever seen any airborn object move in my life.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
About 3yrs ago, my wife and I were in Puerto Rico. It was about 1am and were were on our way back from visiting her family and on our way to our resort.

As I’m driving, I’m looking at what I thought was an airplane since we were close to the airport. Weird thing was, it was coming in at a very steep diagonal angle. I tell my wife “this plane looks as if its going to crash coming in at that angle”. She agreed. Now this thing has both of our attention.

Next thing you know, the object just comes to a complete stop and hovers around for a while. We both look at one another and say “that’s not an airplane!” It was late at night so all we saw were lights from the object. After it hovers for around 2-3 minutes, the object just shoots up and vanished in a matter of a second. Faster than I’ve ever seen any airborn object move in my life.
Thats the jist of most UFO reports Ive read, there are exceptions, but Lots of encounters are just like this, the only problem is, this doesnt sound like the behavior of an advanced civilization, even if they have been coming here for 1000s of years.

I think there is some kind of deception going on, just not sure to what end and who is responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal