U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 05:50 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,053,991 times

Advertisements

Pentagon ran secret multi-million dollar UFO programme - BBC News

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/u...arry-reid.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 08:22 PM

13,821 posts, read 7,205,604 times
Now if they’ll just release some footage mentioned in one of the articles.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:47 AM

5,578 posts, read 1,350,602 times
Its interesting that most of the stuff labelled 'conspiracy theories' relating to UFOs and aliens, are now proving to have been very real.

I have a funny feeling, public disclosure on a huge scale is right around the corner, but I dont think its for the intent most will believe it to be.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Now if they’ll just release some footage mentioned in one of the articles.
There are two recordings take from fighter jets in the second link.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its interesting that most of the stuff labelled 'conspiracy theories' relating to UFOs and aliens, are now proving to have been very real.

I have a funny feeling, public disclosure on a huge scale is right around the corner, but I dont think its for the intent most will believe it to be.
I posted this information because it came from credible sources. Nevertheless, I will remain highly skeptical of intelligent alien life until there's proof beyond any doubt.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:46 PM

14,828 posts, read 19,516,433 times
Quote:
Except for the conspiracies. The articles state that the government has looked into this, and they remain as baffled as the rest of us. "We don't know" makes a lot more sense than a vast government cover-up.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:03 AM

15,527 posts, read 22,520,314 times
He told the New York Times: "I'm not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going. I've done something that no one has done before."
Mr Reid - former senator for Nevada, home to the mythologised "Area 51" classified US Air Force base - later tweeted that the programme was a serious effort to get to truth amid "plenty of evidence to support asking the questions

Old 12-18-2017, 11:02 AM

5,578 posts, read 1,350,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Except for the conspiracies. The articles state that the government has looked into this, and they remain as baffled as the rest of us. "We don't know" makes a lot more sense than a vast government cover-up.
Why has the official reply to this always been, "the UFO phenom is of no interest to us" they had always claimed no more studies after project blue book, we now know that was a lie and according to an article this morning, its looking like trillions of dollars are involved, not just 22 million, not to mention admitting to storing extraterrestrial 'evidence' in various locations. So all those times when govt was alleged to have shown up and secretly removed any alien tech, or parts of spacecraft...they probably did really do this at least some of them.

The secrecy is easily explained and has been for decades, the Brookings report concluded that the general public should not know about this, Im guessing there is some aspect to UFos/ aliens that is just too bizarre or conflicts with the history we are taught. Why would this be any different, there are PLENTY of things the Govt keeps classified from the public, they usually have good reason for doing this.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:39 AM

4,762 posts, read 2,535,564 times
Quote:
Why has the official reply to this always been, "the UFO phenom is of no interest to us" they had always claimed no more studies after project blue book, we now know that was a lie and according to an article this morning, its looking like trillions of dollars are involved, not just 22 million, not to mention admitting to storing extraterrestrial 'evidence' in various locations. So all those times when govt was alleged to have shown up and secretly removed any alien tech, or parts of spacecraft...they probably did really do this at least some of them.

The secrecy is easily explained and has been for decades, the Brookings report concluded that the general public should not know about this, Im guessing there is some aspect to UFos/ aliens that is just too bizarre or conflicts with the history we are taught. Why would this be any different, there are PLENTY of things the Govt keeps classified from the public, they usually have good reason for doing this.
The US Government is not all governments. Explain why ALL governments that have advanced capabilities would follow lock stop with the United States? Even its enemies?

Old 12-18-2017, 05:53 PM

12,399 posts, read 11,881,004 times
I do not know, that testimony with the F-18 pilot is pretty damning, meaning think about this; two fight aircraft were sent to the location to see this object, and this object defied all known (what John Q. public knows at least) flight tech? If it was the gov messing around, it makes zero sense to even mess around with tech like that in such an area.

I know there is not much can be done about it, but I think such an unidentified craft displaying such characteristics would be of some grave concern to the US gov, and hell, maybe it is and we are not being privy to it.

I am the biggest "there are not aliens visiting us, now nor ever" people there are, but even this got me really wondering some stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or