U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-13-2018, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,193 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Reputation: 9363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I was going easy on you due to your wife's condition. A Passive Aggressive laugh. Noo problem. No gut's No glory. lol. This sport ain't for sissies.

I used to be a grouse hunter and I would push my body through thickets and briars where most would whimper and turn back. Sometimes I would crawl for long distances before I could stand. I wore briar chaps, heavy canvas, heavy gloves and safety glasses just to make it through some of the brush. My face has been just feet away from poisonous snakes while crawling on some of the warmer days. When I was young I would travel alone for miles in the woods with just my hunting dog and guns or rods.

If you look at the map of the sightings; it looks like there are many more sightings in my neck of the woods. But I have never seen one or any signs of one. I have talked to some old timers (now dead) that even used to log with horses and they never saw one.

Instead of plying sissy games; just post the links to the evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2018, 06:57 AM
 
10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I used to be a grouse hunter and I would push my body through thickets and briars where most would whimper and turn back. Sometimes I would crawl for long distances before I could stand. I wore briar chaps, heavy canvas, heavy gloves and safety glasses just to make it through some of the brush. My face has been just feet away from poisonous snakes while crawling on some of the warmer days. When I was young I would travel alone for miles in the woods with just my hunting dog and guns or rods.

If you look at the map of the sightings; it looks like there are many more sightings in my neck of the woods. But I have never seen one or any signs of one. I have talked to some old timers (now dead) that even used to log with horses and they never saw one.

Instead of plying sissy games; just post the links to the evidence.
I guess we are don talking. Thanks fo nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 AM
 
6,286 posts, read 1,522,679 times
Reputation: 4570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why don't you try laying a corpse in front of us and then making your statement! Many of us would be happy with one tuff of hair that had a modern DNA analysis. How about good, clear, pictures with many witnesses?

It is so much easier to speculate how we would react instead of actually producing evidence!
Well, there is that past FBI hair analysis that 'conveniently' went missing (how often does the FBI 'loose' something like this? LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 11:34 AM
 
10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Reputation: 3914
Does this work for you?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...1000360418648#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,193 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Sorry; I do not have iTunes! My hearing is shot from too much shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 02:19 PM
 
10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Sorry; I do not have iTunes! My hearing is shot from too much shooting.

Wasn't for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,038 posts, read 3,273,433 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I will extend my offer to you as well. Come to Kansas City and we will go out at night.
You wrote:

Quote:
You have no idea as to what it takes to get lucky enough for a photo. These creatures are the Apex Predator
I am pointing out in my reply that we have plenty of photographs of apex predators, including rare ones, and bigfoot being an apex predator has nothing to do with its being camera shy or unphotographable or whatever. There's no cause-effect relationship between them.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm unable to take you up on it - if I were younger and healthier and flush with cash, I'd seriously consider it. I think we all understand that you're 100% convinced you've observed and/or interacted with sasquatch. And no offense, but if I were able to do so and saw/heard something, how would I know it wasn't some locals pranking the bigfooters given the popularity of "squatching" these days, or that you didn't have a confederate who was helping set up a hoax? Back when I was younger and spent a lot of time in the woods of Virginia and North Carolina, I saw and heard a lot of strange things. That doesn't mean I was hearing or seeing a nine foot relict hominid.

When people write in these threads that the "non-believers" aren't going to believe even if there's a corpse or solid DNA evidence, that's plain silly. Show us your evidence, and provide iron-clad reasons why (1) we should believe it's not a hoax and (2) it provides solid evidence of the existence of a large unknown hominid or other primate, and we'll sit up and listen.

Since a lot of people here don't seem to understand why a biologist wouldn't consider photographs, audio recordings, or personal experiences as "solid evidence", here's a short description of what's needed to document a new species and get the scientific community to acknowledge it:

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-w...ecies-is-found

Without this process, bigfoot stories are just that: interesting tales to share with buddies at the local pub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 06:46 AM
 
10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You wrote:



I am pointing out in my reply that we have plenty of photographs of apex predators, including rare ones, and bigfoot being an apex predator has nothing to do with its being camera shy or unphotographable or whatever. There's no cause-effect relationship between them.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm unable to take you up on it - if I were younger and healthier and flush with cash, I'd seriously consider it. I think we all understand that you're 100% convinced you've observed and/or interacted with sasquatch. And no offense, but if I were able to do so and saw/heard something, how would I know it wasn't some locals pranking the bigfooters given the popularity of "squatching" these days, or that you didn't have a confederate who was helping set up a hoax? Back when I was younger and spent a lot of time in the woods of Virginia and North Carolina, I saw and heard a lot of strange things. That doesn't mean I was hearing or seeing a nine foot relict hominid.

When people write in these threads that the "non-believers" aren't going to believe even if there's a corpse or solid DNA evidence, that's plain silly. Show us your evidence, and provide iron-clad reasons why (1) we should believe it's not a hoax and (2) it provides solid evidence of the existence of a large unknown hominid or other primate, and we'll sit up and listen.

Since a lot of people here don't seem to understand why a biologist wouldn't consider photographs, audio recordings, or personal experiences as "solid evidence", here's a short description of what's needed to document a new species and get the scientific community to acknowledge it:

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-w...ecies-is-found

Without this process, bigfoot stories are just that: interesting tales to share with buddies at the local pub.
Thanks for your answer. You would be able to tell it isn't a hoax by what you see ,hear and feel.I took a nonbeliever and after a rock about 15lbs whizzed past him and splashed in the creek and no one was around and we were pretty much lost in the mountains of southwest Oklahoma and it was about 9 pm.Then he became a believer.When things start happening around us that we know that NO HUMAN CAN DO LIKE THROWING HUGE ROCKS LONG DISTANCES AND SHAKING TREES SO BIG THAT NO HUMAN CAN DO. Looking back i started in 2003 to bust this as a hoax. I joined the KIAMICHI GIANTS forum. Started by Mike Humphrey's that is the man in the SIEGE at Hononobia. After reading his forum and the going out and doing what was said to do in the forum i quickly came that this sure is not a hoax. We usually don't share stories out in the public.

Why would i even try to prank you?

Last edited by Versatile; 07-15-2018 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,193 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Thanks for your answer. You would be able to tell it isn't a hoax by what you see ,hear and feel.I took a nonbeliever and after a rock about 15lbs whizzed past him and splashed in the creek and no one was around and we were pretty much lost in the mountains of southwest Oklahoma and it was about 9 pm.Then he became a believer.When things start happening around us that we know that NO HUMAN CAN DO LIKE THROWING HUGE ROCKS LONG DISTANCES AND SHAKING TREES SO BIG THAT NO HUMAN CAN DO. Looking back i started in 2003 to bust this as a hoax. I joined the KIAMICHI GIANTS forum. Started by Mike Humphrey's that is the man in the SIEGE at Hononobia. After reading his forum and the going out and doing what was said to do in the forum i quickly came that this sure is not a hoax. We usually don't share stories out in the public.

Why would i even try to prank you?

Of course you don't want to share these stories because they prove nothing. Did you acquire the rock and weigh it? You say about 15 pounds; but you don't know. It could have been 2 pounds and made a big splash or it could have been 30 pounds? It could have been launched from a catapult or other mechanical mechanism. You do know that the best shot-putter can throw the 16 pound ball 75 feet; so if it was lighter somebody could possibly have thrown a stone? The whole thing is that this is all nothing but hearsay without any evidence.

Take your case of trees shaking and "NO HUMAN CAN DO THAT": If You tie a rope to the upper branches of a tree; you can shake them pretty good. Even a quiet vehicle could be attached to the rope and might not be detected if the observers were too afraid to check; especially if they stayed a hundred yards away. Heck; I have already pulled two foot oak trees right out the ground with my 2500 Silverado, without ever cutting them; simply by attaching a strong enough rope to very high in the tree. The same physics apply to trees as they do to levers. That is what hoaxers want us to believe: That it is humanly impossible. Vasily's post spelled out what is need to prove the existence of unknown species; your stories do not come close to meeting the requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,038 posts, read 3,273,433 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Thanks for your answer. You would be able to tell it isn't a hoax by what you see ,hear and feel.I took a nonbeliever and after a rock about 15lbs whizzed past him and splashed in the creek and no one was around and we were pretty much lost in the mountains of southwest Oklahoma and it was about 9 pm.Then he became a believer.When things start happening around us that we know that NO HUMAN CAN DO LIKE THROWING HUGE ROCKS LONG DISTANCES AND SHAKING TREES SO BIG THAT NO HUMAN CAN DO. Looking back i started in 2003 to bust this as a hoax. I joined the KIAMICHI GIANTS forum. Started by Mike Humphrey's that is the man in the SIEGE at Hononobia. After reading his forum and the going out and doing what was said to do in the forum i quickly came that this sure is not a hoax. We usually don't share stories out in the public.
As I've said before, there's a huge difference between saying I've had an experience I can't explain and claiming that there is a population of large relict hominids or some new species of large hominid existing in Oklahoma. If you're accurately reporting your experience, that's indeed hard to explain but a team of dedicated hoaxers might come up with a way to hurl big rocks and shake large trees if they were so inclined. A tree that's too large for one person to shake might not be too large for two or three people to shake.

If you want to claim your experiences are due to a large non-human hominid and have the rest of humanity believe it, you'll need to provide evidence that meets the standards described by the researchers in the Quora article I linked to. I know a lot of people in this forum don't like to hear it, but that's how science works. A group of people getting together and sharing unexplainable experiences they won't share with others because they wouldn't be believed isn't a research organization, it's more like a religious cult. Which is fine, but I personally choose to place my faith elsewhere.

Quote:
Why would i even try to prank you?
Why would any of the hundreds of people who've faked paranormal or cryptid evidence over the decades do it? Or those who have faked scientific research results for their own purposes (here are some examples)? I'll wager every single one of them would respond in the same way if someone questioned their claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top