U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 11:11 AM

3,717 posts, read 1,617,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
There is no such thing as Bigfoot. If there were, wouldn't cameras have filmed them by now.
There is no such thing as half the stuff that people “catch on camera” because that’s called “fake news” & thats not how this works.

I suppose if I would have had some camera holding apparatus hat on my head I may have been able to “prove” something here & there but still ... probably not.

Actually, no. For my situation it probably wouldn’t have worked. The lighting would have been ridiculous & you might have seen mostly cement from my front porch & about 2 seconds of a tree top.

It would have been worth it to me if there was audio.

And no, I’ve never seen a Bigfoot. It was a big ... something else. And guess what? My phone was in my hand!

Alas, I was thinking “Am I going to die”? Not “ Say Cheese!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 02:35 PM

909 posts, read 368,562 times
Default Bigfoot moved from CA to ID

He read Stealth Rabbit's posts here on City Data, and decided to relocate to a lower-tax state.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:49 PM

3,900 posts, read 3,134,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I thought the latest info on bigfoot was its a bear?
Uh-oh ...

Old 12-29-2017, 05:06 PM

5,339 posts, read 1,912,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
There is no such thing as Bigfoot. If there were, wouldn't cameras have filmed them by now.

There has been a filming of Bigfoot. And contrary to what people believe, the film has never been proven to be a hoax.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:45 PM

15,004 posts, read 9,187,843 times
When we lived in Pennsylvania in the 70's, a rash of Bigfoot sightings began to happen, every day there were more and more reports in the local paper. I knew one man, a local respected banker, and he told me he and his wife were driving home at night and Bigfoot ran right in front of his car. It stood there for a few seconds, then took a couple of large strides and ran off into the woods.

This particular man was as straight laced as they come, and not the type to fabricate things. He told me he really didn't want to tell a lot of people for fear of ridicule.

Another man, a farmer I knew, showed me tracks in the mud in his horse corral. He heard his horses going crazy and went out to check, and he saw a large hairy something running off. The footprints were about 13 or 14 inches long, and went deep into the mud.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 AM

4,931 posts, read 1,196,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There has been a filming of Bigfoot. And contrary to what people believe, the film has never been proven to be a hoax.
They also scientifically proved the walking gait of the bigfoot in the video could not have been a human in a suit, it would have been impossible for a human to walk like that.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:03 PM

909 posts, read 368,562 times
Default but seriously...

If Bigfoot, Yeti, etc. exist, why has no one ever found the remains of one?

Old 06-24-2018, 11:44 PM

8,994 posts, read 9,838,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
If Bigfoot, Yeti, etc. exist, why has no one ever found the remains of one?
Eagles, ravens, coyotes, bears, and a whole bunch of other carrion eaters. If a deer dies where I live the corpse is stripped within a day or so. The bones are quickly scattered afterwards. Humans disappear as well.

The above does not mean that Bigfoot exists, but it's an indication that Bigfoot could exists. Bigfoot sightings are generally in wilderness or near wilderness areas. Scavengers exist in all of these areas.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:24 AM

2,960 posts, read 2,125,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Eagles, ravens, coyotes, bears, and a whole bunch of other carrion eaters. If a deer dies where I live the corpse is stripped within a day or so. The bones are quickly scattered afterwards. Humans disappear as well.

The above does not mean that Bigfoot exists, but it's an indication that Bigfoot could exists. Bigfoot sightings are generally in wilderness or near wilderness areas. Scavengers exist in all of these areas.
And yet there is a fossil record of deer and humans.

There is no way to prove that something DOES NOT exist, but we can point to a lot of facts that make it highly unlikley.

1) No fossil record.
2) No fossil record of any ape in North America
3) Bipedalism extremely rare in nature
4) With the exception of Florida, Ameria is not tropical: what do they eat in the winter?
5) Everyone has a camera these days, not to mention trail cams. Where is the indisputable image?
6) People have been actively looking for them at least since the 40s...no luck

And on and on.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:43 AM

11,380 posts, read 17,177,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Most films are just grainy shaky shadows, you can't prove what it is.
The famous Patterson-Gimlin film from the 60s however, probably the best video record - I mean how do you prove it's a guy in a suit vs. Bigfoot. The ones that filmed (just coincidently when they were filming a documentary on bigfoot) I guess never claimed it was a hoax but they guy that supplied the suit came forth, and the guy that portrayed "bigfoot" came forth and admitted his role. Both passed polygraph tests.
For the purposes of this thread then with the evidence given - yes...yes it has been proven to be a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal