U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 07:45 PM

13,131 posts, read 10,568,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
YEP! Just as i thought. How do you know that out of all these millions of truck drivers that quite a few have seen ol hairry and they choose to not talk about it? Were you too just see one with no photos and other witnesses would you say anything about it?

I always carried a camera when trucking; even before all the better cellphone cameras. It once saved my job because I had proof to support my side of an accident when a man rear ended my truck. Some of the companies even gave us disposable cameras before all the digital cameras. Most of the drivers I knew also carried cameras. If I ever encountered anything as unusual as a Bigfoot; I would have taken pictures.

It wasn't just that many of us carried cameras; years ago we were all in contact with each other with our CB's. If we spotted something unusual; we would tell others. The police would monitor the CB channels. We networked long before the term was used like it is today. With all of that networking; where are good quality Bigfoot photos and videos shot by truckers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 08:12 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,905,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I always carried a camera when trucking; even before all the better cellphone cameras. It once saved my job because I had proof to support my side of an accident when a man rear ended my truck. Some of the companies even gave us disposable cameras before all the digital cameras. Most of the drivers I knew also carried cameras. If I ever encountered anything as unusual as a Bigfoot; I would have taken pictures.

It wasn't just that many of us carried cameras; years ago we were all in contact with each other with our CB's. If we spotted something unusual; we would tell others. The police would monitor the CB channels. We networked long before the term was used like it is today. With all of that networking; where are good quality Bigfoot photos and videos shot by truckers?
. All you get with a disposable camera is a blob SQUATCH. Are you implying that you could take a quality photo of something hundreds of yards away and have something actually view able?

You said "where are good quality Bigfoot photos and videos shot by truckers?" 8MM video, and brownie cameras and disposable cameras. How could they be quality?.

'
'

Old 07-04-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
. All you get with a disposable camera is a blob SQUATCH. Are you implying that you could take a quality photo of something hundreds of yards away and have something actually view able?

You said "where are good quality Bigfoot photos and videos shot by truckers?" 8MM video, and brownie cameras and disposable cameras. How could they be quality?.

'
'

Disposable cameras shot clear pictures. Of course they did not have the zoom capabilities or could you digitally zoom the pictures like you can today. As soon as I could; I bought a digital camera because I did like to shoot pictures while on the road. My first digital camera was a 2 MP. Now you can buy a 20 MP camera for less than $100. Many of our cell phones now shoot 8 to 12 MP shots. Of course the higher the resolution; the larger you blow up any picture to closely examine the shot. Of course the newer technology brought us image stabilization and better zoom capabilities. The Bigfoot world got even smaller!

Today you can go to live satellite imagery at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H00lAboMs. Of course those pictures are small; but you can make out moving vehicles from over 100 miles away. There are articles that talk about how eventually we will be able to use facial recognition from space. We currently do not know how much can be seen with our best spy satellites. If we have or if we get those capabilities; nothing can hide.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:40 AM

6,153 posts, read 1,500,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
That looks nothing like most sasquatch reports Ive read, (more like dogman sighting than anyway with the snout and ears), but those are not nearly as common as bigfoot sightings and generally only shoe up from one specific area (upper midwest).

Majority of sasquatch/bigfoot sightings Ive read describe a conical head with a human like face, very long arms and legs. a black bear doesnt look anything like this, not even close.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That looks nothing like most sasquatch reports Ive read, (more like dogman sighting than anyway with the snout and ears), but those are not nearly as common as bigfoot sightings and generally only shoe up from one specific area (upper midwest).

Majority of sasquatch/bigfoot sightings Ive read describe a conical head with a human like face, very long arms and legs. a black bear doesnt look anything like this, not even close.

It depends on your view of the animal. Many of the blobsquatch pictures are shot through dense foliage. It would be almost impossible to determine what animal you are actually looking at; if it is indeed an animal or even alive. Many people do not expect to see a bear standing and it would be easy to let one's imagination run and think you saw a mythical creature.

Without evidence we have no idea what we are talking about.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Disposable cameras shot clear pictures. Of course they did not have the zoom capabilities or could you digitally zoom the pictures like you can today. As soon as I could; I bought a digital camera because I did like to shoot pictures while on the road. My first digital camera was a 2 MP. Now you can buy a 20 MP camera for less than $100. Many of our cell phones now shoot 8 to 12 MP shots. Of course the higher the resolution; the larger you blow up any picture to closely examine the shot. Of course the newer technology brought us image stabilization and better zoom capabilities. The Bigfoot world got even smaller!

Today you can go to live satellite imagery at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H00lAboMs. Of course those pictures are small; but you can make out moving vehicles from over 100 miles away. There are articles that talk about how eventually we will be able to use facial recognition from space. We currently do not know how much can be seen with our best spy satellites. If we have or if we get those capabilities; nothing can hide.

You said that" Disposable cameras shot clear pictures." NOT FOR OUT IN THE WOODS OR DRIVE BY AT 70 MPH OR 55 MPH EITHER !! Disposable/One-time Use Cameras have a depth of field of 4 feet to 8 feet from the lense/camera

Thank you SIR. IMO you do not have the skills to discuss the subject about photography of BF research.
Once again i say that i and several other friends do have good photos.

The BF photo with Green eyes is just one of them. I did not take it.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You said that" Disposable cameras shot clear pictures." NOT FOR OUT IN THE WOODS OR DRIVE BY AT 70 MPH OR 55 MPH EITHER !! Disposable/One-time Use Cameras have a depth of field of 4 feet to 8 feet from the lense/camera

Thank you SIR. IMO you do not have the skills to discuss the subject about photography of BF research.
Once again i say that i and several other friends do have good photos.

The BF photo with Green eyes is just one of them. I did not take it.

When I shoot a picture as bad as any of your Bigfoot pictures; I hit delete! Then I don't talk to anybody about my poor photography! Actually my little 2 MP digital cameras took great picture at 50 to 70 mph. I had a whole collection on sunrises and sunsets taken out a truck window. Of course that was the old technology; like the disposable cameras were before the digital cameras.

Keep your great BF photos to yourself since you do not want any criticism. It is easy to talk but harder to prove. Your world is getting smaller as we type. Try to keep up with technology! If you have time; try typing on Google "great pictures taken with disposable cameras" and see what you get! I did not see one picture as bad as any of the blobsquatch photos. Correction: maybe two of a hundred pictures could have been blobsquatch quality.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
It depends on your view of the animal. Many of the blobsquatch pictures are shot through dense foliage. It would be almost impossible to determine what animal you are actually looking at; if it is indeed an animal or even alive. Many people do not expect to see a bear standing and it would be easy to let one's imagination run and think you saw a mythical creature.

Without evidence we have no idea what we are talking about.

We see them around me and we haven't had bears around here in about 200 years or so. Explain that'

Once again i ask you. Were you to see a BF all by yourself and you got no photo. Would you tell anyone?

A man had his floodlights torn down off his cabin in Oklahoma. All the naysayers were saying it was a Bear.
The state biologist said that bear would have to be 12 ft tall and weigh in about 600 lbs. She then said that as far as she knew that no black bear off that size had ever been seen in in Oklahoma

Old 07-04-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
When I shoot a picture as bad as any of your Bigfoot pictures; I hit delete! Then I don't talk to anybody about my poor photography! Actually my little 2 MP digital cameras took great picture at 50 to 70 mph. I had a whole collection on sunrises and sunsets taken out a truck window. Of course that was the old technology; like the disposable cameras were before the digital cameras.

Keep your great BF photos to yourself since you do not want any criticism. It is easy to talk but harder to prove. Your world is getting smaller as we type. Try to keep up with technology! If you have time; try typing on Google "great pictures taken with disposable cameras" and see what you get! I did not see one picture as bad as any of the blobsquatch photos. Correction: maybe two of a hundred pictures could have been blobsquatch quality.
I did! https://www.google.com/search?q=%22g...w=1366&bih=662

99.9% of them are not in the woods or close to a field. Absolutely no animals except a dog in a pen.
I suggest that you take a disposable camera out into the woods a take a bunch of photos and the get back with us. I would hate your head to explode.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I did! https://www.google.com/search?q=%22g...w=1366&bih=662

99.9% of them are not in the woods or close to a field. Absolutely no animals except a dog in a pen.
I suggest that you take a disposable camera out into the woods a take a bunch of photos and the get back with us. I would hate your head to explode.

If you read what I posted; I carried the disposable only because the company gave those to us and only until I got my hands on a digital in the 1990's. I progressed as technology progressed.

But, even with those disposables, we still had clearer pictures than most of the blobsqatch pictures. Generally speaking any accident on the road is blamed on the truck driver. I had one man in a pickup truck, that was going too fast, slide into the back of the trailer I was hauling. At the time I had both a company disposable camera and my own digital camera. The local police came out to investigate and I took many pictures with both my camera and company camera. I made copies of the disposable camera shots and a CD of the digital camera shots and gave both to the company. I had clear pictures of the police pointing at the bald tires of the man's pickup that hit me on the ice road. I also had a copy of our State law that required snow or all season tires at that time. I had all my bases covered and never heard one word against my actions.

If I ever saw anything as unusual as a BF or any other weird creature; I would have attempted to film that; even with a disposable. The only reason I mentioned disposable cameras is because it was almost a prerequisite to drive a commercial truck. We had to have some way to document our actions if there was any trouble.

Today everybody has better equipment than I had back in the 1990s and 2000's. The point is that the equipment is there and there is no excuse not to have great pictures (other than there is nothing to film).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal