U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 PM

10,157 posts, read 9,925,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you read what I posted; I carried the disposable only because the company gave those to us and only until I got my hands on a digital in the 1990's. I progressed as technology progressed.

But, even with those disposables, we still had clearer pictures than most of the blobsqatch pictures. Generally speaking any accident on the road is blamed on the truck driver. I had one man in a pickup truck, that was going too fast, slide into the back of the trailer I was hauling. At the time I had both a company disposable camera and my own digital camera. The local police came out to investigate and I took many pictures with both my camera and company camera. I made copies of the disposable camera shots and a CD of the digital camera shots and gave both to the company. I had clear pictures of the police pointing at the bald tires of the man's pickup that hit me on the ice road. I also had a copy of our State law that required snow or all season tires at that time. I had all my bases covered and never heard one word against my actions.

If I ever saw anything as unusual as a BF or any other weird creature; I would have attempted to film that; even with a disposable. The only reason I mentioned disposable cameras is because it was almost a prerequisite to drive a commercial truck. We had to have some way to document our actions if there was any trouble.

Today everybody has better equipment than I had back in the 1990s and 2000's. The point is that the equipment is there and there is no excuse not to have great pictures (other than there is nothing to film).
I see! Still would you please answer my question?

You are sure passing up a great offer i made to you to spend a night in BF habitat. You will need to sign a waiver also.. Looks like you are retired also. You can find time if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 08:03 PM

13,233 posts, read 10,629,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I see! Still would you please answer my question?

You are sure passing up a great offer i made to you to spend a night in BF habitat. You will need to sign a waiver also.. Looks like you are retired also. You can find time if you want to.

Thanks for the offer; but my wife is seriously ill with stage 4 cancer - I am not going anyplace right now.

However, when you encounter any new evidence; fell free to share it!

Old 07-04-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the offer; but my wife is seriously ill with stage 4 cancer - I am not going anyplace right now.

However, when you encounter any new evidence; fell free to share it!
Sorry about your wife. Maybe in the future. Still would you please answer my question?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:11 PM

6,409 posts, read 1,550,487 times
Quote:
If you read what I posted; I carried the disposable only because the company gave those to us and only until I got my hands on a digital in the 1990's. I progressed as technology progressed.

But, even with those disposables, we still had clearer pictures than most of the blobsqatch pictures. Generally speaking any accident on the road is blamed on the truck driver. I had one man in a pickup truck, that was going too fast, slide into the back of the trailer I was hauling. At the time I had both a company disposable camera and my own digital camera. The local police came out to investigate and I took many pictures with both my camera and company camera. I made copies of the disposable camera shots and a CD of the digital camera shots and gave both to the company. I had clear pictures of the police pointing at the bald tires of the man's pickup that hit me on the ice road. I also had a copy of our State law that required snow or all season tires at that time. I had all my bases covered and never heard one word against my actions.

If I ever saw anything as unusual as a BF or any other weird creature; I would have attempted to film that; even with a disposable. The only reason I mentioned disposable cameras is because it was almost a prerequisite to drive a commercial truck. We had to have some way to document our actions if there was any trouble.

Today everybody has better equipment than I had back in the 1990s and 2000's. The point is that the equipment is there and there is no excuse not to have great pictures (other than there is nothing to film).
Usually these sightings are so sudden and happen so fast, by the time you think of going for your cell phone to get a picture, the thing is gone.

Besides that, with todays camera and video technology, even if someone was able to get a good clear picture, no one would believe them anyway.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Only a body will do it.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Usually these sightings are so sudden and happen so fast, by the time you think of going for your cell phone to get a picture, the thing is gone.

Besides that, with todays camera and video technology, even if someone was able to get a good clear picture, no one would believe them anyway.
I understand that not everybody will stop to capture a picture; but many will. Many cannot wait to capture a picture that will get those million hits.

With the number of supposed Bigfoot sightings; it would be inevitable that somebody would capture that clear picture. How many people do you know that never put down their cellphones?

Old 07-05-2018, 09:00 PM

We have here 1 assumption against another assumption!

Old 07-07-2018, 08:36 AM

6,409 posts, read 1,550,487 times
Quote:
I understand that not everybody will stop to capture a picture; but many will. Many cannot wait to capture a picture that will get those million hits.

With the number of supposed Bigfoot sightings; it would be inevitable that somebody would capture that clear picture. How many people do you know that never put down their cellphones?
Who would believe it was real?

Within the next 10 yrs, eventually it will be impossible to determine if a picture or video is fake or real.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Who would believe it was real?

Within the next 10 yrs, eventually it will be impossible to determine if a picture or video is fake or real.

That is actually old technology. 20 years ago it was possible to make Bigfoot photos that were better than any existing blobsquatch. Photo Fantasy and Photo Funhouse have been around for a long time. If somebody takes their time and blows up the photographs while changing the pixels; the final products are hard to tell if they are fake. You can actually use several of the photo programs to continually improve the final product.

Of course the technology will be better in ten years. But DNA testing and other identifying technology will also be better. Here is a link to an article on one company that can extract human and animal DNA from cave soil up to 240,000 years old: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...isovan/524433/. So if you have a story about a Bigfoot that lived in a cave; they can now determine if the story is true or not.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:52 AM

38,716 posts, read 45,171,822 times
It seems to me if Big Foot was reportedly first sighted about 130+ years ago that he would have been dead for some time by now. Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal