Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 10:10 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I have a place in the Idaho county with by far, the most sightings (Bonner) and at least two of them were within a couple of miles of my place from what I can tell of their descriptions.

I’ve never seen anything though. Nor heard anything unexplainable. Grizzly bear and many black bears in the front yard, a couple of wolves, cougar, raccoons fighting at night (which is a godawful Sound) but no knocking or anything weird.

We are way out and surrounded by National Forest. So nothing deterring a Sasquatch but the only one I’ve ever seen was on my Kokanee bottle label. Wish they still hid Bigfoot on the labels.

I’d love for it to be true. But I don’t think it is. And why do we need Sasquatch when we have grizzlies? Surely huge creatures with essentially steak knives for claws are pretty amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 10:47 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Interesting. I have a place in the Idaho county with by far, the most sightings (Bonner) and at least two of them were within a couple of miles of my place from what I can tell of their descriptions.

I’ve never seen anything though. Nor heard anything unexplainable. Grizzly bear and many black bears in the front yard, a couple of wolves, cougar, raccoons fighting at night (which is a godawful Sound) but no knocking or anything weird.

We are way out and surrounded by National Forest. So nothing deterring a Sasquatch but the only one I’ve ever seen was on my Kokanee bottle label. Wish they still hid Bigfoot on the labels.

I’d love for it to be true. But I don’t think it is. And why do we need Sasquatch when we have grizzlies? Surely huge creatures with essentially steak knives for claws are pretty amazing.

This can explain many sightings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00XufSnrvvg

Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This can explain many sightings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00XufSnrvvg
Or this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk-HHyGRSRw

Old 07-03-2018, 10:52 AM

The view from our porch. Looks like it’d be squatchy doesn’t it?
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot / Sasquatch in Idaho-b1b2ba75-dbd6-4495-b123-e8caa3254dd1.jpeg  

Old 07-03-2018, 01:05 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
I have had rocks thrown at me while I was fishing; then the kids ran off! I have had the brush shake and then I was dusted by a 12 gauge shotgun; but he apologized and it only stung! Both gave me a Rush and it was a great experience to live through without too much pain. I have also been attacked by two rabid animals; but neither managed to bite me before they met their end. That was also a rush that was not expected.

None of that proves or disproves Patty was ever where you said it was. If somebody has time to bury one of these creatures; they have time to produce scat, blood, a patch of hair or one small piece of evidence - even one good picture.

We do have the video called Patty" don't we.

Are you taking me up on my invite? We will be out in the dark near a river with no fire. Each will wear a handcuff on one wrist and one cuff through the eye of a 30 ft. security cable.I guarantee you i won't run off and neither will you. I won't run off because i am permanently on crutches anyway.

Is it just me or Fisheye are you not even reading what i post and just dance ?

Last edited by Versatile; 07-03-2018 at 01:17 PM..

Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:

Yeah. I want to believe.
I was a believer, I thought it was possible - maybe up to the early 70s.
But now with technology - drones, cameras built into cell phones, the availability of night vision and heat vision technology to the masses, trail and game cameras, popularity and access to ATVs, DNA testing, the ability to clear cut forest tracks very quickly, and the tendency for people to encroach into more and more rural areas (making for once rare engagements with mountain lions and wolves to occur more often)....nope, the dream is dead. There is no bigfoot.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah. I want to believe.
I was a believer, I thought it was possible - maybe up to the early 70s.
But now with technology - drones, cameras built into cell phones, the availability of night vision and heat vision technology to the masses, trail and game cameras, popularity and access to ATVs, DNA testing, the ability to clear cut forest tracks very quickly, and the tendency for people to encroach into more and more rural areas (making for once rare engagements with mountain lions and wolves to occur more often)....nope, the dream is dead. There is no bigfoot.

Our world gets smaller everyday! It's harder to hide a Bigfoot; unless you bury them deep!

PS With the newer DNA testing they can even test the soil of the caves!

Old 07-03-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We do have the video called Patty" don't we.

Are you taking me up on my invite? We will be out in the dark near a river with no fire. Each will wear a handcuff on one wrist and one cuff through the eye of a 30 ft. security cable.I guarantee you i won't run off and neither will you. I won't run off because i am permanently on crutches anyway.

Is it just me or Fisheye are you not even reading what i post and just dance ?

I had a mother bear, about the size of the ones in the two posted YouTube videos, come by our house about fifteen years ago. The mother, with cubs helping, stripped a one inch wide and ten foot long piece of bark off one of our cedar trees. She then proceeded to stand up and rub her back against the tree where the bark was stripped. We use cedar to line clothes chest to keep out moths and bugs. I have speculated that bears might use cedar as insecticide. I did capture the bear and her cubs stripping the bark on a video.

That said, if I was terrified of large mythical beast and looked at the mother bear scratching her back on the tree; I could have run home screaming that I just saw Bigfoot. That would have been especially true if I looked at her from the back side of the tree with just her huge arms waving in the air and small signs of her total mass.

I don't have to run half way across our Nation for you to present we with your evidence. You can post the links and the pictures right here. If they are good enough; maybe some will believe? I do have plenty of wilderness right where I am at. To get to my camp you have to travel three miles off the pavement. When I get there I am surrounded by thousands of acres of wilderness and the 650 acres we own.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
The view from our porch. Looks like it’d be squatchy doesn’t it?

Looks like it’d be squatchy. What does squatchy look like too you?

Old 07-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I had a mother bear, about the size of the ones in the two posted YouTube videos, come by our house about fifteen years ago. The mother, with cubs helping, stripped a one inch wide and ten foot long piece of bark off one of our cedar trees. She then proceeded to stand up and rub her back against the tree where the bark was stripped. We use cedar to line clothes chest to keep out moths and bugs. I have speculated that bears might use cedar as insecticide. I did capture the bear and her cubs stripping the bark on a video.

That said, if I was terrified of large mythical beast and looked at the mother bear scratching her back on the tree; I could have run home screaming that I just saw Bigfoot. That would have been especially true if I looked at her from the back side of the tree with just her huge arms waving in the air and small signs of her total mass.

I don't have to run half way across our Nation for you to present we with your evidence. You can post the links and the pictures right here. If they are good enough; maybe some will believe? I do have plenty of wilderness right where I am at. To get to my camp you have to travel three miles off the pavement. When I get there I am surrounded by thousands of acres of wilderness and the 650 acres we own.

YEP! Just as i thought. How do you know that out of all these millions of truck drivers that quite a few have seen ol hairry and they choose to not talk about it? Were you too just see one with no photos and other witnesses would you say anything about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal