U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
14,364 posts, read 8,874,454 times
Reputation: 32520

Advertisements

The Eisenhower story seems a little far fetched, but for anyone to assume we are the only species that evolved in this vast universe is simply not right either. Whether they have visited us is open to speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Status: "Support the Mining Law of 1872" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Cody, WY
8,842 posts, read 9,668,457 times
Reputation: 17313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The very first premise of this notion is ridiculous.

What is a treaty? A legal agreement. Meaning the two parties must agree to be bound by the same laws that can be appealed to a higher authority (courts, etc.).

Which legal authority are extraterrestrials bound by exactly? This is the conspiracy that the greys actually run the UN right?
No treaty is valid in this country until a 2/3 majority in the Senate has ratified it. There is no appeal, however, once a treaty has been ratified. Most jurists believe that it then has the same authority as the Constitution. Some believe a treaty supersedes the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Maine
14,366 posts, read 19,128,169 times
Reputation: 16168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
No treaty is valid in this country until a 2/3 majority in the Senate has ratified it. There is no appeal, however, once a treaty has been ratified. Most jurists believe that it then has the same authority as the Constitution. Some believe a treaty supersedes the Constitution.
None of which would apply to extraterrestrials.

Suggesting aliens signing a treaty with any U.S. President makes about as much since as handing out parking tickets to flying saucers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Status: "Support the Mining Law of 1872" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Cody, WY
8,842 posts, read 9,668,457 times
Reputation: 17313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
None of which would apply to extraterrestrials.

Suggesting aliens signing a treaty with any U.S. President makes about as much since as handing out parking tickets to flying saucers.
I don't believe that it has ever been adjudicated, but if you have a citation, please post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 12:47 PM
 
4,886 posts, read 7,595,506 times
Reputation: 2763
Sounds like something out of Weekly World News, known for hot off-the-press articles like "Dick Cheney is a Robot!", "Hillary Clinton Adopts Alien Baby" and "Bigfoot is my Baby's Father". Proof that the government hides the truth from the public! Men in Black know all about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
30,602 posts, read 55,891,352 times
Reputation: 51065
Old news! This has been conspiracy-theorized for decades. I used to know a lovely gentleman named Leonard Stringfield (RIP), who wrote and wrote and wrote about it. He was the most fascinating man I ever interviewed as a newspaper reporter; that interview began our friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Whom do you suppose eats toasted peanut butter and pickle sandwiches with cheese sauce? I assure you that they are not human.
I like peanut butter, pickle and mayo sandwiches ... uh oh ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 03:31 PM
 
998 posts, read 732,109 times
Reputation: 2263
This is most likely a bunch of hokum, but there were tons of flying saucer seen in the 1950's. I've always wondered why these sightings were so common back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 05:40 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
3,568 posts, read 1,526,357 times
Reputation: 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
.... Animal mutilation is a good example... what could possibly be gained by killing cows, coring out their rectums, slicing off jaw flesh or sexual organs OVER and OVER for decades (if not centuries)? ....
OMG I was not going to go there, darn it I’ve been doing sooooo good.

It’s “My” Bird, of course. “What could be gained ?” Dinner.

Just .... dinner.

Because the carnage you just described; is actually very common. It’s just not as special when it’s a rabbit or a squirrel. But it’s called ... Bird Predation.

Big meal? Big Bird. Simple.

It also works very nicely with that whole “Found in a tree” or “Every bone was broken” ... part.

I saw him in 2006 & Im pretty sure he’s been around for a lot longer than just a few centuries. Besides in the “artistic/cultural/religious” sense, of being carved into the top of every totem pole of every native tribe (those that did the totem poles) in North America ... There are fossils found of his possible ancestors, all the time, including one new species identified by a complete fossil found about a half a mile from where I saw him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
12,738 posts, read 18,031,497 times
Reputation: 13502
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
OMG I was not going to go there, darn it I’ve been doing sooooo good.

It’s “My” Bird, of course. “What could be gained ?” Dinner.

Just .... dinner.

Because the carnage you just described; is actually very common. It’s just not as special when it’s a rabbit or a squirrel. But it’s called ... Bird Predation.

Big meal? Big Bird. Simple.

It also works very nicely with that whole “Found in a tree” or “Every bone was broken” ... part.

I saw him in 2006 & Im pretty sure he’s been around for a lot longer than just a few centuries. Besides in the “artistic/cultural/religious” sense, of being carved into the top of every totem pole of every native tribe (those that did the totem poles) in North America ... There are fossils found of his possible ancestors, all the time, including one new species identified by a complete fossil found about a half a mile from where I saw him.
Just so you know, 'quatch has been reported to disappear into thin air while out in the open like a ghost and be seen in the company of flying saucers and/or strange lights...

And no bird is capable of lifting a 2000 lb animal into the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 PM
 
5,739 posts, read 3,042,672 times
Reputation: 12020
The article itself is written in some alienesque corruption of the English language. Maybe the other guys are choosing now to disclose the agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top