U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 09:45 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is also the more recent occasion when I believe it was John Kerry, or Al Gore, saying there was something dangerous in Antarctica.
Yes. It is a desert stuck in eternal deep freeze. Quite dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 12:25 PM

10,323 posts, read 12,409,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yes. It is a desert stuck in eternal deep freeze. Quite dangerous.
Maybe not so eternal. Scientists have said some of the ice is melting. Not too far fetched that an ancient bacteria or invasive species may lurk, though it's remote. The melting can have repercussions on the environment at large.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:35 PM

9,184 posts, read 10,125,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is a pretty far stretch from the fact that his location of death was mentioned in the obituary. It is easy to twist any fact to fit what you want if your standards are so low. BBC - Future - The enduring appeal of conspiracy theories
Guess who owns BBC.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:01 PM

4,980 posts, read 7,758,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Guess who owns BBC.
Wait, so the BBC is hiding the "truth" from the public?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:40 PM

9,579 posts, read 11,162,807 times
All I know is I wish I could move there.
The one place on the planet where I wouldn't have to worry about development or over population in my lifetime.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
All I know is I wish I could move there.
The one place on the planet where I wouldn't have to worry about development or over population in my lifetime.
You'd want to pack your woolies. Average temps at the McMurdo Station during the cold season is about -17.3F and can drop down to lows of -21.1F. If you opt for the Vosok Station, temps can drop down to an average low of -96.4F. Even the high temps are usually sub-zero there. Still, no need to worry about over population on the continent any time soon, apart from the penguins. Other than that, watch out for The Thing.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:26 PM

9,579 posts, read 11,162,807 times
I can deal with -17 no problem.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 PM

22,690 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'm not saying that he definitely died in an institution, but I am saying that the government could have easily arranged both his death and his supposed place of death.
They can arrange that for me or you, too.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:19 AM

10,323 posts, read 12,409,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
You'd want to pack your woolies. Average temps at the McMurdo Station during the cold season is about -17.3F and can drop down to lows of -21.1F. If you opt for the Vosok Station, temps can drop down to an average low of -96.4F. Even the high temps are usually sub-zero there. Still, no need to worry about over population on the continent any time soon, apart from the penguins. Other than that, watch out for The Thing.
Yes. The Thing is scary. It could copy people or even animals perfectly.

"How long were you alone with that dog......?"

Old 01-29-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Yes. The Thing is scary. It could copy people or even animals perfectly.

"How long were you alone with that dog......?"
That's right. There's a risk it could get loose and infect the entire world. What happened in Antarctica is all documented, but kept under wraps to avoid global panic!
Here's more of the leaked classified dialogue.

Palmer: "Childs, happens all the time, man. They're falling out of the skies like flies. Government knows all about it, right, Mac?"

Palmer: "Childs, Childs... Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know." [takes a hit off a joint]

Childs: "So how's this mf wake up after thousands of years in the ice?"

Bennings: "And how can it look like a dog?"

MacReady: "I don't know how. 'Cause it's different than us, see? 'Cause it's from outer space. What do you want from me? Ask him!" [motions to Blair]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal