U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 02:06 AM

2,356 posts, read 2,739,426 times

Advertisements

Although the cold in Antarctica is very inhospitable to us humans, it could be fine for other species with cold blood for example. Also, under the ice can be made reasonably comfortable as per the ice igloo.

So, what made the complicated 1947 trip by Admiral Byrd necessary? Why was it abandoned so quickly? Why would a full military operation be necessary to a part of the world which up until then, had not featured in the WW2 fighting and which ended only 2 years previously.

I think there are many questions which need some answers. Not least of which is, what is under the ice at the locations of those holes in the pictures I posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 07:21 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,313,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Although the cold in Antarctica is very inhospitable to us humans, it could be fine for other species with cold blood for example. Also, under the ice can be made reasonably comfortable as per the ice igloo.

So, what made the complicated 1947 trip by Admiral Byrd necessary? Why was it abandoned so quickly? Why would a full military operation be necessary to a part of the world which up until then, had not featured in the WW2 fighting and which ended only 2 years previously.

I think there are many questions which need some answers. Not least of which is, what is under the ice at the locations of those holes in the pictures I posted?
You word things in a way to make mundane things seem suspicious. They did not abandon the mission "so quickly", it has nothing to do with WWII and it was the start of a new cold war, a war which lasted almost 50 years and in some ways is still going on today.
How come other people have questions that must be answered but you do not have to answer questions? Physician heal thyself.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:34 AM

186 posts, read 76,466 times
Ok you can all rest easy now as they are sending Fox Mulder and Dana Scully there . They will get to the bottom of this.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:16 AM

3,616 posts, read 2,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired58 View Post
Ok you can all rest easy now as they are sending Fox Mulder and Dana Scully there . They will get to the bottom of this.
They've already been:

Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,314,361 times
I've been reading The Wright Brothers, by historian David McCullough, and in 1908-09 when Wilbur first and then Orville and Katherine toured Europe and gave many flying demonstrations first at Le Mans and then Pau, France, heads of state, kings, dukes, earls, celebrities, industrialists, and other dignitaries from all over the world came to visit to see the very first sustained flying demonstrations.
https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitio...908/europe.cfm

Is there some equivalent in technological wonder or of historical significance for such a diverse group of world leaders, dignitaries etc... to visit Antarctica in the past few years? Enquiring minds want to know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21FXqEWObLA

Old 02-27-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I've been reading The Wright Brothers, by historian David McCullough, and in 1908-09 when Wilbur first and then Orville and Katherine toured Europe and gave many flying demonstrations first at Le Mans and then Pau, France, heads of state, kings, dukes, earls, celebrities, industrialists, and other dignitaries from all over the world came to visit to see the very first sustained flying demonstrations.
https://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitio...908/europe.cfm

Is there some equivalent in technological wonder or of historical significance for such a diverse group of world leaders, dignitaries etc... to visit Antarctica in the past few years? Enquiring minds want to know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21FXqEWObLA
I would like to see a list of these world leaders.

Also I would like to point out that visiting Antarctica is a novelty. Not many people do it and being able to say you have visited it at parties is in an attraction.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:37 AM

13,999 posts, read 18,778,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Also I would like to point out that visiting Antarctica is a novelty.
For good reason. It's a barren, frozen desert. Other than scientific research, there's not much reason to go there. Even the penguins are smart enough not to venture inland.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:36 AM

4,854 posts, read 7,501,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Even the penguins are smart enough not to venture inland.
It's true most penguins stay near the coastal edges. But the Emperor penguins walk 31 to 75 miles inland to nesting areas at the start of the Antarctic winter (March or April) when temps drop down to about -40 degrees. Granted, that's just a fraction of the overall size of the continent, but it's still an impressive distance for such a cold, desolate place. It's out of the reach of sea lions and and predatory birds that feed on eggs and chicks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empero...p_and_breeding

Old 02-27-2018, 05:17 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,739,426 times
Antarctica and the bottom of the ocean are two perfect places for any aliens to be because their technology (I assume) is so advanced that they can make a comfortable life there. As I have already said, it is very human unfriendly due to the extreme cold and so they are unlikely to get visitors. The scientists probably stay relatively near to the coast to do their science and the continent is massive which provides enough space to hide entrances etc.

Although we have perhaps found some of the entrances as shown in the images I posted earlier, the same 'warning' was possibly given to humans to leave them alone as was given to us about the Moon. Of course, thats only a guess, but really, in this day and age, there is no reason to not have excellent satellite photography of any area of the Earth. Anyone saying that Google does not have the ability or will to show us the same quality satellite images as other areas is stretching their imagination for reasons. If we can get polar regions of the Moon, and other planets, we can certainly get them of our own in spite of whiteness.

And...

We can discount the cloud software being the problem as discussed earlier because there are areas of Antarctica which are perfectly fine and image areas which are total rubbish so we need another explanation which is consistent.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We can discount the cloud software being the problem as discussed earlier because there are areas of Antarctica which are perfectly fine and image areas which are total rubbish so we need another explanation which is consistent.
Nobody needs to explain anything to you. YOU could launch your own satellites and let us know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or