U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:01 AM

4,947 posts, read 7,699,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It takes a little bit of time to get jets into the air, so apparently someone is aware of these UFOs popping up.
It isn't about "someone being aware of these UFOs popping up". It's about being ready to deal with any kind of emergency threat. It does take time, but it can be pretty quick depending on if the jet and pilot are on alert or not, and size of the airfield.

"An F-16 from cold is required to be able to scramble within 5 minutes if on alert (armed, fueled, and pilot ready), 15 minutes if not."

"Anyways, an F-16 can scramble in 5 minutes. But an F-22 has an automated start process. IIRC, the checklist is something like...

- Master Switch On.
- Throttles Forward to idle
."
https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...-f-22-scramble

Of course, it also takes time to reach the destination, but some jets can hit over mach 1 very fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 11:07 AM

5,584 posts, read 1,355,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
It isn't about "someone being aware of these UFOs popping up". It's about being ready to deal with any kind of emergency threat. It does take time, but it can be pretty quick depending on if the jet and pilot are on alert or not, and size of the airfield.

"An F-16 from cold is required to be able to scramble within 5 minutes if on alert (armed, fueled, and pilot ready), 15 minutes if not."

"Anyways, an F-16 can scramble in 5 minutes. But an F-22 has an automated start process. IIRC, the checklist is something like...

- Master Switch On.
- Throttles Forward to idle
."
https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...-f-22-scramble

Of course, it also takes time to reach the destination, but some jets can hit over mach 1 very fast.
So where would the call come from, telling them they need to scramble jets for a UFO? Most of the UFO reports I read, they do not stick around for anywhere close to 5 minutes, its seconds and they are gone.

I realize NORAD has a name for them (fastwalkers), but normally when interviewed or asked, towers claim nothing showed up on radar when a UFO is involved.

I somewhat suspect there is a secret Govt agency that is tasked with monitoring this stuff, some say its the NRO (national reconnaissance organization)

Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 PM

4,947 posts, read 7,699,848 times
Quote:
So where would the call come from, telling them they need to scramble jets for a UFO? Most of the UFO reports I read, they do not stick around for anywhere close to 5 minutes, its seconds and they are gone.

I realize NORAD has a name for them (fastwalkers), but normally when interviewed or asked, towers claim nothing showed up on radar when a UFO is involved.
There are also plenty of reports where "objects" show up on radar, but not visually, so if it isn't one thing, it's another. Most "calls" likely come from objects that show up within the range of radar detection of the air station. Most aircraft are identifiable. If they are not identifiable and are near restricted areas or appear to be a potential threat, the scramble signals are sounded and the location of the object is pinpointed so the jets can attempt to get a visual on the object(s). There are lots of possibilities for such occasions. Not all of them involve weird space crafts or highly advanced military aircraft.

I think it's fair to say that communication technology is pretty rapid. For example, there are aircraft monitoring websites that show nearly all commercial and private aircraft in the air at any given time. It's remarkably mind-blowing. In addition, you can target in on specific civilian flights to follow its location anywhere in the world, nearly in real time, and even show when planes depart or land at its destination. It's pretty amazing. Here's what I'm talking about. Zoom out for a larger view of the US. The number of planes flying over the US at any given time is mind-boggling.
https://flightaware.com/live/

Quote:
I somewhat suspect there is a secret Govt agency that is tasked with monitoring this stuff, some say its the NRO (national reconnaissance organization)
I think that kind of suspicion pretty much summarizes your view to jump to a conclusion. After all, there are plenty of UFO conspiracy websites and videos that tend to lean in that direction. Do you remember the spiral thing in the sky that was seen in Norway? Conspiracy buffs leaped to the conclusion that it was unexplainable and was some kind of UFO, or some kind of interdimensional portal, or maybe a black hole. Those sort of notions are a lot more sensational than just a flubbed rocket that went into a spin. Another was recently spotted over Los Angeles with a large glowing teardrop shape behind it. Neither of these events were strange crafts or portals. But that doesn't deter those who jump to the conclusion that the government knows things and are hiding the truth about crafts that are far advanced than the public is aware of.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...ntrol-missile/
Los Angeles Freaks Out Over 'UFO' Sightings (Watch) - Web Top News

Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
There are also plenty of reports where "objects" show up on radar, but not visually, so if it isn't one thing, it's another. Most "calls" likely come from objects that show up within the range of radar detection of the air station. Most aircraft are identifiable. If they are not identifiable and are near restricted areas or appear to be a potential threat, the scramble signals are sounded and the location of the object is pinpointed so the jets can attempt to get a visual on the object(s). There are lots of possibilities for such occasions. Not all of them involve weird space crafts or highly advanced military aircraft.

I think it's fair to say that communication technology is pretty rapid. For example, there are aircraft monitoring websites that show nearly all commercial and private aircraft in the air at any given time. It's remarkably mind-blowing. In addition, you can target in on specific civilian flights to follow its location anywhere in the world, nearly in real time, and even show when planes depart or land at its destination. It's pretty amazing. Here's what I'm talking about. Zoom out for a larger view of the US. The number of planes flying over the US at any given time is mind-boggling.
https://flightaware.com/live/

I think that kind of suspicion pretty much summarizes your view to jump to a conclusion. After all, there are plenty of UFO conspiracy websites and videos that tend to lean in that direction. Do you remember the spiral thing in the sky that was seen in Norway? Conspiracy buffs leaped to the conclusion that it was unexplainable and was some kind of UFO, or some kind of interdimensional portal, or maybe a black hole. Those sort of notions are a lot more sensational than just a flubbed rocket that went into a spin. Another was recently spotted over Los Angeles with a large glowing teardrop shape behind it. Neither of these events were strange crafts or portals. But that doesn't deter those who jump to the conclusion that the government knows things and are hiding the truth about crafts that are far advanced than the public is aware of.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...ntrol-missile/
Los Angeles Freaks Out Over 'UFO' Sightings (Watch) - Web Top News
but think of the numerous incidents where Govt has given its official explanation for something that was reported as a UFO and the explanation makes no logical sense, like the Phoenix lights, and the military claiming they were flares. Tests and experiments were done trying to recreate the lights using flares and it looks nothing like what was seen. Or the ever popular explanation of swamp gas?

You are never going to hear Govt or military claiming it has no idea what something was.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:21 AM

17,885 posts, read 5,777,720 times
Almost every night when I go to sleep I hear coast to coast radio, George Noorey and the subject OFTEN is UFO's....I've never seen one and don't know what I believe. Why don't they just land and show themselves to us.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:22 PM

13,821 posts, read 7,209,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Almost every night when I go to sleep I hear coast to coast radio, George Noorey and the subject OFTEN is UFO's....I've never seen one and don't know what I believe. Why don't they just land and show themselves to us.
Could be like walking into a tigers den

Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM

11,506 posts, read 17,333,638 times
Quote:
but think of the numerous incidents where Govt has given its official explanation for something that was reported as a UFO and the explanation makes no logical sense, like the Phoenix lights, and the military claiming they were flares. Tests and experiments were done trying to recreate the lights using flares and it looks nothing like what was seen. Or the ever popular explanation of swamp gas?

You are never going to hear Govt or military claiming it has no idea what something was.
Phoenix Lights is actually a good example of the confirmation bias the accompanies these events - there are plenty of videos of these mysterious lights, and just as many claims, hundreds maybe, of people that swear that these "lights" actually came to the ground and were identified as alien aircraft...right over there house they say - however we only have video of "lights". We can thus conclude that the sighting of mysterious lights caused many viewers to get even more creative in there description of events. Something about human nature wanting to believe so badly...

However there was still those mysterious lights! Later it was clearly explained, although it still gets recycled as the "famous alien UFO visit to Phoenix" every few years - you won't read it on the usual UFO study sights but it's been thourougly debunked not only by the military but other experts...no not the type you would find in your usual UFO forums or on YouTube. I don't know what "tests and experiments" you are talking about but I doubt civilians would have the capability to test and experiment with LUU-2B/B military grade flares anyhow. It's time to move on from the "Phoenix Lights".

Last edited by Dd714; 02-05-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 02-05-2018, 01:43 PM

17,885 posts, read 5,777,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Could be like walking into a tigers den
What does that mean, we would eat them up?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:54 PM

11,506 posts, read 17,333,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCrazyWeatherWorld View Post
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

The original X-Files (1993-2002) was based off of real documented stories and encounters of UFOs, of which there are hundreds. It's a very great show. The first and seconds season of Ancient Aliens does a really good job of providing evidence for aliens, although the other seasons are kind of silly and not well made. So yes, there are many photos and videos out there for you
In regards to xfiles, you have to take the "based on real documented stories" with a grain of salt. The series creator Chris Carter took bits and pieces here and there of UFO lore - implants, abductions, clones, men in black, and integrated them into stories. Of course UFO's were only part of it - most of it was the monster of the week formula (human brain-eating snakes and so forth), again based on lore. Excellent show!
And Ancient Aliens? haha....OK. I like the show that claimed aliens exterminated dinasours to make way for humans.

Hey I WANT TO BELEIVE as well, but these two shows are for entertainment purposes only.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
In regards to xfiles, you have to take the "based on real documented stories" with a grain of salt. The series creator Chris Carter took bits and pieces here and there of UFO lore - implants, abductions, clones, men in black, and integrated them into stories. Of course UFO's were only part of it - most of it was the monster of the week formula (human brain-eating snakes and so forth), again based on lore. Excellent show!
And Ancient Aliens? haha....OK. I like the show that claimed aliens exterminated dinasours to make way for humans.

Hey I WANT TO BELEIVE as well, but these two shows are for entertainment purposes only.
well, if you recall, about 2 months ago, it was revealed the Pentagon was secretly involved in the study of UFOs. They even documented how Bigelow Aerospace was involved and were housing 'unknown materials' they had recovered from various UAPs.

What these articles did, was prove there is a secret investigation still going into these things, and proved they did indeed go to great lengths to maintain the secrecy.

The 'Ancient aliens' tv show is nothing more than a tool used to discredit the overall topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or