U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:25 AM

6,360 posts, read 1,536,588 times

Advertisements

Regressive hypnosis may uncover whats going on (if anything).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 AM

22,767 posts, read 21,823,917 times
It sounds perfectly normal to me.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:09 AM

375 posts, read 453,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Ok. Kids talk to themselves all of the time, have imaginary friends etc. I donít understand what your concern is.

It doesnít mean your house is haunted.
Never said it was or suggested that, but thanks for your expert insight. Also, I donít believe in imaginary friends. I believe kids actually see things we donít, so we call it imaginary because we cannot see them.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:10 AM

576 posts, read 361,996 times
Quote:
I have asked him. He answers in baby talk. He’s a fresh 2 and delayed about 2 months verbal at that. I have asked him quite a bit. He has also laughed wildly when I ask him and looks at me like, “Mom! You know!”
At the beginning I thought there is something, but when I read his reaction when you asked him, I doubted, I don't think so. It seems normal.
So, for now, I suggest you to:

- Change the time of his sleep, let it delay one hour as example, not less than one hour. And see if he wake up and act the same or not ?
- If it still the same, change his room to another room with changing the time of sleep and see if he act the same or not?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:52 AM

48,983 posts, read 39,459,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
Checks out just fine at the pediatrician but ďthanksĒ for your concern.
Iím pretty sure if the pediatrician can help or it was advice I wanted to seek, I would have done so. Clearly, the medical professionals would say heís normal. Hence, my posting on the paranormal forum.
Ok, but in that case you already have a predisposition towards supernatural beliefs.

If you were say....a tribal person you might talk to your witch doctor about curses or evil spirits.

In parts of the US they might want to perform an exorcism or faith healing.

I just say this as examples where we all have our beliefs and predispositions so when an issue comes along we try to sometimes make it fit our existing framework.

With that said, consider taking another angle on the issue and take into account anything that might be changing in their lives because a lot does change during those rapid early development years.

Are they napping more during the day? Watching new shows, pre-bedtime stimulation? Changes to their sleeping arrangement like out of a crib to a bed?

Maybe try to really tire them out before bedtime and see what happens.
Then maybe have them sleep in a different room?

Could be a variety of causes, not sure I'd focus in on the paranormal too quickly.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:21 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,154,819 times
I've heard of hackers tapping into baby monitors, and talking back and forth with the baby. Be very careful that's not happening here. If you have a baby monitor that's hooked into your router, I'd be VERY suspicious.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:39 PM

375 posts, read 453,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I've heard of hackers tapping into baby monitors, and talking back and forth with the baby. Be very careful that's not happening here. If you have a baby monitor that's hooked into your router, I'd be VERY suspicious.
Thanks for this tip. Wouldnít we be able to hear?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:13 PM

9,784 posts, read 7,679,694 times
Quote:
Never said it was or suggested that, but thanks for your expert insight. Also, I donít believe in imaginary friends. I believe kids actually see things we donít, so we call it imaginary because we cannot see them.

Well, I had a very "real" imaginary friend one summer when I was just a bit older than your little one, and I can still describe him: he was slim, an adult but had an elfin appearance and elf-locks, wore green tights and trunk hose, pointy shoes that curled up at the toes, a green tunic, and a Gothic-arched crown.

He looked like a king. He was mostly present during the daytime, as I recall, not necessary in the middle of the night.

My friend lived in a green painted broom closet (that matched his attire) on the back porch of our apartment.

For a while, my friend kept me company wherever I went, had a plate set for him at the table by my indulgent mother (no food ever landed on his plate, however), was invisible to everyone else, who had to be told by me not to sit on my friend's apparently vacant chair, and so on.

He was very benign, and had a distinctly magical quality about him.

I was an only child who spoke at an early age, and an imaginative one. No one in my known ancestral family ever matched my imaginary friend's appearance, unless it was back in the Middle Ages. I was read to, however, and some of my favorite books were illustrated fairy tales. This was pre-television, at least in my family, and I doubt if any royal-appearing medieval ghosts were known to haunt row house apartments in respectable Baltimore neighborhoods in the late 1940s.

I think my green-clad friend was a product of my imagination, and perhaps originated in a dream that was influenced by a picture book fairy tale.

Unless your child seems distressed, I would not worry about him. Let him take a nap, or rearrange his bedtime, if lack of sleep seems to be a problem. He may just be telling himself stories to help pass the time or to lull himself back to sleep, or he may have an imaginary friend, which is quite normal and very common among small children.

I doubt very, very much if anything supernatural is involved.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:24 PM

9,784 posts, read 7,679,694 times
I'd suggest you post this query over in the "Parenting" forum, for practical responses from seasoned parents who've gone through similar experiences.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:52 PM

791 posts, read 326,847 times
Quote:
So you believe in the supernatural but you donít believe in imaginary friends?

Your child is probably waking up in the middle of the night and canít get back to sleep. He probably just entertaining himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal