U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 02:17 PM

588 posts, read 120,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson
It is generally believed that little kids can see things we can't.
Yes as thier minds are still open and most of ours have been filled with disinformation and we cant see fully anymore.....

I think thats why cameras and tape recorders are mostly the only things that are regurally able to see/hear into that dimention........

He may very well be having conversations with a spirit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 03:44 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,950,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
Never said it was or suggested that, but thanks for your expert insight. Also, I donít believe in imaginary friends. I believe kids actually see things we donít, so we call it imaginary because we cannot see them.
I had an imaginary friend named Bee Boo Bop who had to be buckled in the extra seat of the car whenever we went anywhere. He had a girlfriend named She Shu Shop who would come too, if there were two extra seats.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that I was just imaginative, not some kind of medium.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:53 PM

536 posts, read 264,389 times
Quote:
Thanks for this tip. Wouldnít we be able to hear?
Are you walking into his room just looking through the monitors? This is a very real thing that is happening now, there is a whole thing about hacking in to talk to specific babies and so on.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:56 PM

370 posts, read 448,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I'd suggest you post this query over in the "Parenting" forum, for practical responses from seasoned parents who've gone through similar experiences.
Who says Iím not a seasoned parent? You have no clue how many kids we have. This post is about 1 child, our youngest and I chose this forum because I am leaning to something more spiritual than a ďproblemĒ. So no, I wonít be moving this. Thank you.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:57 PM

370 posts, read 448,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Are you walking into his room just looking through the monitors? This is a very real thing that is happening now, there is a whole thing about hacking in to talk to specific babies and so on.
Iím aware this is a real issue. This is why Iím asking how we might know? We have done both - listened from our room and his.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 PM

15,518 posts, read 29,178,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy221 View Post
Yes as thier minds are still open and most of ours have been filled with disinformation and we cant see fully anymore.....

I think thats why cameras and tape recorders are mostly the only things that are regurally able to see/hear into that dimention........

He may very well be having conversations with a spirit
Agreed. But all spirits are not benevolent. It is best to be cautious. Imho

Old 02-06-2018, 05:09 PM

9,492 posts, read 7,587,349 times
In addition to having an imaginary friend as a toddler, when I was about two and a half or so, I awoke everyone in my grandparents' house - grandparents, parents, and aunt - by singing "Marching to Zion" at 3:00 a.m...."...butiful, butiful Zion!"

That didn't mean I'd had a vision of the Pearly Gates or was an angelic messenger from God. It just meant I had a family who took me to church at an early age, and the joyous, rather rollicking hymn had made a big impression.

I liked to sing - so sang. Nothing particularly spiritual - or spiritualistic - about it. As I recall, my very devout grandfather was quite amused by my performance.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 02-06-2018 at 05:29 PM..

Old 02-06-2018, 05:21 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,132,817 times
Quote:
Iím aware this is a real issue. This is why Iím asking how we might know? We have done both - listened from our room and his.
I would think you'd be able to hear them, but there might be some timing involved, and it happens fast enough that you just haven't caught them as of yet. After all, you can't be watching and listening 100% of the time.

It might not be this at all, but I wanted to make you aware that it IS/has been happening to many people.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:28 PM

9,492 posts, read 7,587,349 times
Quote:
Who says Iím not a seasoned parent? You have no clue how many kids we have. This post is about 1 child, our youngest and I chose this forum because I am leaning to something more spiritual than a ďproblemĒ. So no, I wonít be moving this. Thank you.
No, of course I have no idea how many kids you have. Not sure how that comes into this discussion, anyway.

You do seem determined to find a supernatural explanation for your chatty child, despite others offering more likely explanations. It seems to me that being open-minded would be more likely to get to the real explanation, whatever it may be, but do what you feel is right, by all means.

I do think all parents and others who work with or are around kids regularly can learn from one another. Yours is not the only child to conduct "conversations" during the wee hours, nor are you the only parent to have ever encountered such behavior. I was not challenging your parental experience, the number of your children, or anything else in suggesting that you seek other insights and perhaps help from others who've been in your shoes.

Or been in your bedroom slippers, more likely.

You could always post a brief request that Parenting posters take a look at this thread and share whatever their thoughts or similar experiences might be. I did not suggest that you move this thread at all, btw.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:08 PM

472 posts, read 174,276 times
When my daughter was 2, we lived in a 13th century house outside of London. My daughter's bed was set up in my bedroom. She would "talk" to the man in the corner of the room. Sometimes, she would tell me he was the man sitting on my bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal