U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:17 PM

71,846 posts, read 63,086,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy221 View Post
Isnt it amazing to think about Ruth?

When we were all babies,we could ALL see into this world but when we got older our natural purity was clouded over by misinformation and people who want us thinking and living like THEY want us to........
I read a book about a very interesting case, in Poland. A teenage girl was experiencing a lot of poltergeist activity: objects falling off of shelves, even plumbing fixtures crashing down in her vicinity. People came from all over to study her. At one point, a Japanese crew set up cameras at different angles around the room. One evening, a cup flew across the room, crashed into the wall, and fell to pieces on the floor. The camera crew checked their footage the next day. What the unbiased "eye" of the camera "saw" was a flash of light crossing the room, then a cup smashing against the wall, and falling to the ground in pieces.

The mind is a very powerful editor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 06:35 AM

5,617 posts, read 1,360,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A camera might yield interesting results, too. Cameras can record things that the brain behind the human eye filters out.
Infrared cameras can pickup even more too!

Old 02-07-2018, 10:56 AM

9,260 posts, read 7,476,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I read a book about a very interesting case, in Poland. A teenage girl was experiencing a lot of poltergeist activity: objects falling off of shelves, even plumbing fixtures crashing down in her vicinity. People came from all over to study her. At one point, a Japanese crew set up cameras at different angles around the room. One evening, a cup flew across the room, crashed into the wall, and fell to pieces on the floor. The camera crew checked their footage the next day. What the unbiased "eye" of the camera "saw" was a flash of light crossing the room, then a cup smashing against the wall, and falling to the ground in pieces.

The mind is a very powerful editor.
There's a very entertaining older novel by Paul Gallico which deals with poltergeist and other apparently supernatural activities in an English country house: "Too Many Ghosts".

Great read and well-researched.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:27 AM

6,983 posts, read 3,677,152 times
In the months before my mother passed away, she would talk to people we couldn't see or hear. Greet, chat, laugh, pause as if she were listening to them, then reply to them. I finally asked who they were, and she told me (even spelling the names). When I researched it, I found they were all people from the happiest time of her life and all were deceased. I believe the very old and very young are able to see and hear through the veil, as it were, separating heaven and earth. It was amazing and very reassuring.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 PM

11,516 posts, read 17,337,956 times
It seems from the OP's responses that she is not seeking a non-supernatural response, in fact it appears she gets quite upset when a plausible explanation is discussed - but this is called "private speech" or "self talk" and is quite normal in toddlers up to pre-schoolers.
It's actually good development behavior.

I dismiss this as another case of "confirmation bias" - OP wants to believe in the supernatural and thus looking anywhere and everywhere for proof of it's existence. Everything is pretty much explained in her below admittance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
I believe kids actually see things we don’t, so we call it imaginary because we cannot see them.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:34 PM

9,095 posts, read 9,976,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Agreed. But all spirits are not benevolent. It is best to be cautious. Imho
I'd have a psychic or exorcist check just to be sure.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:34 PM

9,260 posts, read 7,476,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It seems from the OP's responses that she is not seeking a non-supernatural response, in fact it appears she gets quite upset when a plausible explanation is discussed - but this is called "private speech" or "self talk" and is quite normal in toddlers up to pre-schoolers.

I dismiss this as another case of "confirmation bias" - OP wants to believe in the supernatural and thus looking anywhere and everywhere for proof of it's existence. Everything is pretty much explained in her below admittance:
You nailed it.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:01 PM

1,201 posts, read 481,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
Never said it was or suggested that, but thanks for your expert insight. Also, I donít believe in imaginary friends. I believe kids actually see things we donít, so we call it imaginary because we cannot see them.
Most likely since he is just beginning to learn to talk (you said he was slightly delayed) he is trying out his conversations including laughter. Do you ever study a long time on something only to dream of it and sometimes talk in your sleep? It is the learning process and why you hear young children screaming but obviously not in distress, they are just trying out their voices. Since he is not crying and falls back to sleep, just go with it. Now, if he tells you about some man or woman or child in the room at night who he has fun with...

Old 02-07-2018, 01:13 PM

9,416 posts, read 14,848,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I've heard of hackers tapping into baby monitors, and talking back and forth with the baby. Be very careful that's not happening here. If you have a baby monitor that's hooked into your router, I'd be VERY suspicious.

OMG!!!!! That could be it! Make sure the window is secure!

Mom, I would suggest maybe sleeping in the room with your child for a night or two, to really find out what is happening. Maybe just tell your child you want to have a sleepover. Or perhaps move the child into your room for awhile. I'm getting chills just even thinking about this!

Old 02-07-2018, 01:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,902,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
this is called "private speech" or "self talk" and is quite normal in toddlers up to pre-schoolers.
Yup. It's more common for kids to do it than for kids not to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal