U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 AM

11,383 posts, read 17,181,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolfWitch View Post
That is really creepy I hope the little cutie will be alright may it is just a stage or the spirit a dead relative. I hope that is the case for the little darling and not any health problems or even a demon or evil entity sorry for your situation and I hope things get better for him.
I swear sometimes I think I've gone back in time to the Dark Ages when I visit this forum. This forum is fun to speculate but not when it involves children.
No, no it's not creepy. No the kid is not possessed by demons.
The consensus on this forum is it's perfectly normal toddler behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 06:52 AM

24,931 posts, read 22,767,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is generally believed that little kids can see things we can't. Whether that is good or bad, I cannot say. But he does need to get his rest. I concur with the other poster who suggested you ask him.
yes, until they are the age of 5, I've read where children are much more able to see things we cannot, due to their innocence and lack of experience in life, plus they are not told or aware of the fact, that these things don't exist. Is it true? Well, a lot of people have had the same story as the OP

Old 02-09-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
My son used to wake up late at night. Every night, like clockwork. Crying. It would send chills down my spine.

My old house was haunted. Saw shadows, heard footsteps and things would be misplaced.

One day we were watching him. He was standing, looking at a photo of my grandparents. He looked at me and said he sees that man at night. My grandfather. I asked him are you sure, he said yes. He would get scared because he knew he shouldn't be in his room, just in the picture. I told him that it's ok, paw paw means no harm. He's just watching over you, making sure you're safe and tucked in. He used to do that to me. Ever since we talked about it, he didn't cry. I would hear him say it's ok paw paw, I'm covered up and warm.
I've read where children until the age of five can see these spirits....my son claimed to see a little girl in his room. We didn't act frightened, or indifferent about it, and just told him, that she wasn't there to hurt him.

Once when he was really small, he said, "I can remember being here a long long time ago, and I came back".
Once again, we treated it as it wasn't anything unusual, we didn't want to scare him, more so, wanted him to feel free to discuss it.

I swear we lived in a haunted house as well....previous owners....? We left and had locked the doors, and when we came home, all the lights were on, and the doors were unlocked?

Old 02-14-2018, 05:40 AM

364 posts, read 156,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I've read where children until the age of five can see these spirits....my son claimed to see a little girl in his room. We didn't act frightened, or indifferent about it, and just told him, that she wasn't there to hurt him.

Once when he was really small, he said, "I can remember being here a long long time ago, and I came back".
Once again, we treated it as it wasn't anything unusual, we didn't want to scare him, more so, wanted him to feel free to discuss it.

I swear we lived in a haunted house as well....previous owners....? We left and had locked the doors, and when we came home, all the lights were on, and the doors were unlocked?

Our old house had 3 spirits.

1 was my great aunt. Never knew her or met her. I heard my mom speak of her a long time ago saying that she did die in that house. She was a clean freak, so she said. I would get back from school and the hangers that I put on my bed would be hanging on the rack. At that time, I was living there with my grandmother and her husband. I asked them if they went in there, they said no. My grandmother's husband was limited to a wheelchair due to a stroke. I cleaned my room, did my clothes. The only time my grandmother would come in was to tell me I had a phone call, dinner was ready or if she needed me to take care of something.

The second was my grandfather that died before my grandmother remarried. He wasn't too happy with this. At night, I would hear a back bedroom door slam shut and footsteps in the kitchen. He used to sleep in that room when they would argue. When nobody was home, I had a feeling I was being watched, hear footsteps. My grandmother's bedroom light turned on by itself. Was a pull string set up. My friends mother would not come in the yard because she would be freaked out. She could sense a presence. Also saw a shadow figure in the garage.

The third was my grandmother. I moved into her bedroom after she passed. I smelled he perfume now and then. Also a shadow at the bottom of the bedroom door. My ex girlfriend would have the same experience and would smile. Also, right before she died, 2 nights in a row, there was something that knocked on my bedroom window. Friends would do this late at night so they wouldn't wake up my grandmother or her husband. But when I went outside both times, nobody was there. Or went. The grass was somewhat tall and there was no areas of being stomped down.

I miss that old house. Had many good times there.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I got truth bumps when I read it. I have a feeling it is something like that but I canít put my finger on it just yet. Need to find a pic of my grandfather. ♥️
I'm sorry you need to feel defensive with some of these comments, understand, those that it never happened, to, refuse to believe it to be true, or otherwise, has a scientific answer.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Our old house had 3 spirits.

1 was my great aunt. Never knew her or met her. I heard my mom speak of her a long time ago saying that she did die in that house. She was a clean freak, so she said. I would get back from school and the hangers that I put on my bed would be hanging on the rack. At that time, I was living there with my grandmother and her husband. I asked them if they went in there, they said no. My grandmother's husband was limited to a wheelchair due to a stroke. I cleaned my room, did my clothes. The only time my grandmother would come in was to tell me I had a phone call, dinner was ready or if she needed me to take care of something.

The second was my grandfather that died before my grandmother remarried. He wasn't too happy with this. At night, I would hear a back bedroom door slam shut and footsteps in the kitchen. He used to sleep in that room when they would argue. When nobody was home, I had a feeling I was being watched, hear footsteps. My grandmother's bedroom light turned on by itself. Was a pull string set up. My friends mother would not come in the yard because she would be freaked out. She could sense a presence. Also saw a shadow figure in the garage.

The third was my grandmother. I moved into her bedroom after she passed. I smelled he perfume now and then. Also a shadow at the bottom of the bedroom door. My ex girlfriend would have the same experience and would smile. Also, right before she died, 2 nights in a row, there was something that knocked on my bedroom window. Friends would do this late at night so they wouldn't wake up my grandmother or her husband. But when I went outside both times, nobody was there. Or went. The grass was somewhat tall and there was no areas of being stomped down.

I miss that old house. Had many good times there.
thank you for sharing your story....I believe most certainly....it happened to us...
When we first bought our house, it was mid spring, and I woke up hearing a man and woman whispering. I woke my husband and he heard it as well.

We walked all around the house, even walked outside (our home was on a lake) looking for a man and woman b/c we had all the windows open, so we could hear the bull frogs.

It was pretty scary, as in the middle of the night, sometimes, we would be woke up from a dead sleep, to the sound of someone actually falling up the stairs.

once, my husband fell asleep in a chair aside of the fireplace, and we had one of those half moon things that you put a few pieces of fire wood in....and it lifted up and fell on the brick hearth, waking him from a dead sleep.

We did some research and found one of the owners of the home was a priest, who used to drink quit a bit....and his housekeeper would come to the home with him, hence, the two people whispering?

We actually discussed this with our minister, there were so many things that were happening, as my son saw a young girl in his room and in our kitchen. He came to the house and said prayers all over but it still didn't stop. After a while, my son was scared by one when he came home from school and out loud he said, "listen, you can stay here, it's your home to, but please stop scaring us". And by darn, it all stopped. I kid you not. We remodeled the entire home..from top to bottom....

Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 AM

6,720 posts, read 3,548,820 times
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." I feel a little sorry for anyone who thinks this is all there is to existence.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:28 AM

364 posts, read 156,014 times
Quote:
thank you for sharing your story....I believe most certainly....it happened to us...
When we first bought our house, it was mid spring, and I woke up hearing a man and woman whispering. I woke my husband and he heard it as well.

We walked all around the house, even walked outside (our home was on a lake) looking for a man and woman b/c we had all the windows open, so we could hear the bull frogs.

It was pretty scary, as in the middle of the night, sometimes, we would be woke up from a dead sleep, to the sound of someone actually falling up the stairs.

once, my husband fell asleep in a chair aside of the fireplace, and we had one of those half moon things that you put a few pieces of fire wood in....and it lifted up and fell on the brick hearth, waking him from a dead sleep.

We did some research and found one of the owners of the home was a priest, who used to drink quit a bit....and his housekeeper would come to the home with him, hence, the two people whispering?

We actually discussed this with our minister, there were so many things that were happening, as my son saw a young girl in his room and in our kitchen. He came to the house and said prayers all over but it still didn't stop. After a while, my son was scared by one when he came home from school and out loud he said, "listen, you can stay here, it's your home to, but please stop scaring us". And by darn, it all stopped. I kid you not. We remodeled the entire home..from top to bottom....

Whoa, that's very interesting!

The whispering. Both my wife and I witnessed it at our new place. Happened quite a bit. When we would hear it, we would be alone. There's a few times when she would hear someone walk in the house. She was in the tub one night, the adult kids was over. When she got out she had asked if anyone walked in the bedroom. Nope. We were all watching tv. She did see a shadow too.

In the very front bedroom, my mom had an experience. Also our oldest son and his fiancee. Our grandson too! He crawled in there and there was nothing he could get into or harm himself. He just started screaming and crying. My wife ran over to see the fuss. He was standing there, looking at the ceiling, in the corner. He would not calm down. She took him out into the living room. He finally calmed down. It was same spot where my mom's dog would look and bark.

Once, I was shooting random pictures around the house. I caught something behind my wife. I zoomed in. It looks like a demon face. I'm going to try to have it transferred onto our computer and upload it.

Even though it freaked us out, we made it known that we're not leaving. We used to go ghost hunting all over Louisiana, including New Orleans and the Myrtles. I even told it that I wasn't scared.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Whoa, that's very interesting!

The whispering. Both my wife and I witnessed it at our new place. Happened quite a bit. When we would hear it, we would be alone. There's a few times when she would hear someone walk in the house. She was in the tub one night, the adult kids was over. When she got out she had asked if anyone walked in the bedroom. Nope. We were all watching tv. She did see a shadow too.

In the very front bedroom, my mom had an experience. Also our oldest son and his fiancee. Our grandson too! He crawled in there and there was nothing he could get into or harm himself. He just started screaming and crying. My wife ran over to see the fuss. He was standing there, looking at the ceiling, in the corner. He would not calm down. She took him out into the living room. He finally calmed down. It was same spot where my mom's dog would look and bark.

Once, I was shooting random pictures around the house. I caught something behind my wife. I zoomed in. It looks like a demon face. I'm going to try to have it transferred onto our computer and upload it.

Even though it freaked us out, we made it known that we're not leaving. We used to go ghost hunting all over Louisiana, including New Orleans and the Myrtles. I even told it that I wasn't scared.
our dogs would do the same thing, every once in a while, they would follow something with their heads and eyes across the room, it was freaky.

Did it really happen, even now I question myself, believe me...we were talking with some friends and telling them our situations, and my son shared his experiences with them. They had a book which suggested to try and say outlook, "Look, we know your here, and it's ok, but please stop trying to scare us". We don't want to see any evidence that your here. My son did that, and by God it stopped? ?????? So, I don't know what to say?

It was in one of their books on the paranormal that suggested that? I don't know what the book was called, or who wrote it, it was many many years ago, I think my son was around 12 years old?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:42 AM

3,902 posts, read 3,136,515 times
Quote:
our dogs would do the same thing, every once in a while, they would follow something with their heads and eyes across the room, it was freaky.
Dogs and cats can see in the ultraviolet part of the spectrum - which means they probably are seeing things we're not seeing:

https://www.livescience.com/43461-ca...traviolet.html

It also appears children may be able to see into the ultraviolet part of the spectrum:

http://www.wewomen.com/children/can-...-s1049411.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal