U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 PM

371 posts, read 425,036 times

Advertisements

Hello!

We have a 2 year old. He has been a great sleeper since a few weeks after being born - about 7 weeks. He sleeps through the night, in his room with no issues.

Over the last few months, my husband and I have noticed an increase in the nights he is waking up during the night (between 11pm-3am), having full on conversations with...no one.

He is laughing. He is singing. He is chatting it up. We have watched him on the monitor to see if he is playing with his stuffed animals and he is not. He is usually laying on his back or sitting up, chatting away.

At first it was just a minute or two, but now he is up at least an hour. He does eventually go back to sleep.

But I am beginning to notice he is starting to develop dark circles under his eyes. He is also very tired in the morning.

Talking to himself or something more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 07:12 PM

69,181 posts, read 60,307,421 times
Have you asked him? You could say you heard him laughing in the middle of the night, and it sounded like he was really having fun. (Say it wit a happy voice, smiling.) Ask him who he was having fun with, as if it's a perfectly normal thing.

.... report back to us

Old 02-05-2018, 07:23 PM

15,313 posts, read 28,551,455 times
It is generally believed that little kids can see things we can't. Whether that is good or bad, I cannot say. But he does need to get his rest. I concur with the other poster who suggested you ask him.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you asked him? You could say you heard him laughing in the middle of the night, and it sounded like he was really having fun. (Say it wit a happy voice, smiling.) Ask him who he was having fun with, as if it's a perfectly normal thing.

.... report back to us
I have asked him. He answers in baby talk. He’s a fresh 2 and delayed about 2 months verbal at that. I have asked him quite a bit. He has also laughed wildly when I ask him and looks at me like, “Mom! You know!”
I do have visions or feelings myself but I don’t see spirits.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:06 PM

12,726 posts, read 17,975,381 times
I'd talk to your pediatrician before your medium... lots of non-paranormal possibilities here.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Checks out just fine at the pediatrician but “thanks” for your concern.
I’m pretty sure if the pediatrician can help or it was advice I wanted to seek, I would have done so. Clearly, the medical professionals would say he’s normal. Hence, my posting on the paranormal forum.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:48 PM

352 posts, read 144,906 times
My son used to wake up late at night. Every night, like clockwork. Crying. It would send chills down my spine.

My old house was haunted. Saw shadows, heard footsteps and things would be misplaced.

One day we were watching him. He was standing, looking at a photo of my grandparents. He looked at me and said he sees that man at night. My grandfather. I asked him are you sure, he said yes. He would get scared because he knew he shouldn't be in his room, just in the picture. I told him that it's ok, paw paw means no harm. He's just watching over you, making sure you're safe and tucked in. He used to do that to me. Ever since we talked about it, he didn't cry. I would hear him say it's ok paw paw, I'm covered up and warm.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:51 PM

12,448 posts, read 9,650,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
...Clearly, the medical professionals would say he’s normal. Hence, my posting on the paranormal forum...
Yeah, what would a medical professional know?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
My son used to wake up late at night. Every night, like clockwork. Crying. It would send chills down my spine.

My old house was haunted. Saw shadows, heard footsteps and things would be misplaced.

One day we were watching him. He was standing, looking at a photo of my grandparents. He looked at me and said he sees that man at night. My grandfather. I asked him are you sure, he said yes. He would get scared because he knew he shouldn't be in his room, just in the picture. I told him that it's ok, paw paw means no harm. He's just watching over you, making sure you're safe and tucked in. He used to do that to me. Ever since we talked about it, he didn't cry. I would hear him say it's ok paw paw, I'm covered up and warm.
Thanks for sharing. I got truth bumps when I read it. I have a feeling it is something like that but I can’t put my finger on it just yet. Need to find a pic of my grandfather. ♥️

Old 02-05-2018, 09:13 PM

352 posts, read 144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I got truth bumps when I read it. I have a feeling it is something like that but I can’t put my finger on it just yet. Need to find a pic of my grandfather. ♥️
You're very welcome. I hope you find a picture. Also hope you can get the answers you seek.

I just wish that we didn't tear the old house down. Would have costed more to fix up the place. Lots of memories there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal