Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times

Advertisements

Once again, an interesting thread has been hijacked. I can't figure out why government agents would bother unless they just have a mean streak.

A few years ago there two"women" on the S-S & P forum who were generally suspected of being government agents. They both disappeared on the same day and at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 12:38 PM

220 posts, read 145,487 times
sss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I didn't get very far. Is she claiming that the state is somehow derelict in its duties by failing to protect her from the figment of her imagination, or by failing to protect the figment of her imagination from her?
And your point is? I live here in LaLa Land, and in a mere two years I've learned that Fantasies are Really Real! My Governor says so, so does my state legislature. And Nancy imagines we can avoid a wall if only we mow the grass along the border. I used to think grass didn't grow in the desert, but that was back when I still believed in reality.

I support her lawsuit. People disappear here all the time! Duh!

Old 03-07-2018, 12:39 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Wait a minute she is a self proclaimed "Bigfoot enthusiast and researcher," yet when she finally saw one her first idea is to sue the state?

How many people are bigfoot enthusiasts and all they ever get to see are random footprints and they hear a few weird sounds in the woods at night?

What a weirdo and what are her demands? Does she want the state to hunt and kill the bigfoots because they pose a threat to hikers?
What a nut job.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Wait a minute she is a self proclaimed "Bigfoot enthusiast and researcher," yet when she finally saw one her first idea is to sue the state?

How many people are bigfoot enthusiasts and all they ever get to see are random footprints and they hear a few weird sounds in the woods at night?

What a weirdo and what are her demands? Does she want the state to hunt and kill the bigfoots because they pose a threat to hikers?
What a nut job.
No! No! No! She knows that this will lead to an investigation if she wins the lawsuit or even gets enough publicity. She seems to be one of the good guys.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:37 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What is "potential evidence"?
"Evidence" you haven't planted yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This thread has brought out the usual skeptics, thats good. We can see the ones who really do not want this topic discussed and brought out into the open.

So, we have 1975 article saying that the FBI did do some testing on samples. However, the analysis is not in the file...
Lots of stuff disappears from FiB files. I think it started with J. Edgar Bigfoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Govts withhold lots of stuff from the public, we can only guess they have some good reason to do this. Most of time, I suspect its over how the public MAY respond or what COULD happen.

The recent release of the JFK files is good example, even though most of it had to be released to the public legally (due to length of time it had been secret), the CIA and FBI still fought to keep certain parts classified...now why would they seek to do this, after this many years? What is it about those particular sections, that they did not want the public to see?

A little bit off topic, but we also have "the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951' too. Just reading about why this act was created and why it is still in force today is very interesting, It basically gives Govt the right to legally classify or withhold certain inventions or technology from the public. Some of the causes they give are if the invention/technology is too much of an economic threat to existing industry or effects Govts ability to exert its authority in anyway. So this act gives Govt the right to withhold from the public based on what MAY happen ( in govts opinion of course). Ive heard it said before about this act, "if it had been in force in the days of horse and buggy, the motor vehicle would have been classified, due to it being such a threat to the horse and buggy industry of the time".

Im assuming there is some aspect to bigfoot, that if the public were to learn about it, may have some negative implications, maybe its existence disproves something else, or maybe it opens a whole other can of worms about life on this planet in general
And who better to judge that than faceless unaccountable oft-brain-dead lifer bureaucrats, rilly?

Old 03-07-2018, 07:51 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Yes, I think the whole point of this is to start a nationwide(perhaps) discussion on the existence of Bigfoot. Many people are reporting them in various states and in other countries too, so there are enough people out there who have seen them crossing in front of their car or in their back yard.

If this does go to court, then it should be enough to start the discussion going and then we will see what come out. Now it is up to the judge and whether he/she can be got at and 'persuaded' that it is in the interests of the state to dismiss the case. Often something starting small will produce a large effect, so personally I think the woman who is bringing the case is on the right path. People on here who criticize her and attack her intelligence are the ones to be suspected as shills and government agents.

I have a feeling that something like this will eventually open the can of worms for us. It may not be this perticular item, but the lid has been kept forcibly closed on this can for too long and the people always win in the end. Sorry governments across the world, this is the way and you cannot win.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default Good film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I enjoyed this Bigfoot movie with much beautiful scenery..........on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...justwatch09-20
Watched this movie and thought it was good.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Yes, I think the whole point of this is to start a nationwide(perhaps) discussion on the existence of Bigfoot.
We should demand a Bigfoot Awareness campaign. Insist that all the Hollywood stars wear little Bigfoot ribbons to whatever awards ceremony is next.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Yes, I think the whole point of this is to start a nationwide(perhaps) discussion on the existence of Bigfoot. Many people are reporting them in various states and in other countries too, so there are enough people out there who have seen them crossing in front of their car or in their back yard.
Just because people "report something" does not mean that it is true. People are failable. It is even more amazing that "Many people are reporting them" and we cannot get good pictures, videos or even a body of them. This in a time when 90% of the population has cameras on them for a good percentage of the time.

This excludes trail cameras and a newer occurrence in the US of cameras linked to the internet that will record video and call your phone if something is detected.
Quote:
If this does go to court, then it should be enough to start the discussion going and then we will see what come out.
If she pays I am sure it will go to court.
Quote:
Now it is up to the judge and whether he/she can be got at and 'persuaded' that it is in the interests of the state to dismiss the case.
This is where you go off the rails IMHO. The first thing the judge has to do is look to see if there is even a case here, not whether a large animal exists. Then if there is a case the evidence will be looked at. I am not convinced by anything this lady has shown so far, but I also do not think she has a case even if Bigfoot does exist. I do not think it will spur much conversation.
Quote:
Often something starting small will produce a large effect, so personally I think the woman who is bringing the case is on the right path. People on here who criticize her and attack her intelligence are the ones to be suspected as shills and government agents.
I am not a government agent and I do not believe her. I am not sure why you would say that anyone that criticizes her or attack her intelligence should be suspected of being government agents. Maybe this is the narrative you have been directed to pursue by the Chinese government?
Quote:
I have a feeling that something like this will eventually open the can of worms for us. It may not be this perticular item, but the lid has been kept forcibly closed on this can for too long and the people always win in the end. Sorry governments across the world, this is the way and you cannot win.
I do not think governments care. People were VERY interested in Bigfoot in the 70's and early 80's(?) and nothing was found. It was not like people did not wish to find it either. Bigfoot was part of popular culture in my country, though in China they probably kept that from you?

I wonder if anyone else remembers this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVYGHHc0Es4

[dailymotion]x55pc93[/dailymotion]

[quote=ocpaul20;51243704]

Old 03-08-2018, 10:14 AM

If the lawsuit fails, it may be possible to get a proposed investigation question on the ballot.

Remember that almost all Egyptologists once said that there were no more tombs in the Valley of Kings. Then Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon found King Tot's, the most fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal