Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times

Advertisements

Just want to get this off of my chest.

1) WE KNOW HOW THEY WERE BUILT
For the case of Egyptian pyramids, for example, we have found remains of the ramps, pictures of Egyptians using rope gangs to erect monumental architecture, we know where the blocks were quarried from, we have found the workers quarters...we even know some of the little tricks like wetting the sand in front of the gangs to reduce friction. It is a testiment to the builders that they did something that seems impossible, but we know how they did it.

2) NO EVIDENCE OF ANY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY USED
Evidence would be finding an ancient powersaw, a laser cutter, an anti-gravity machine, etc. And no, we haven't. Merely declaring something impossible is not evidence of anything.

3) PYRAMIDS ARE VERY BASIC STRUCTURES
The masive pyramids of Egypt, Mexico and elsewhere are amazing due to sheer size, but there is no great science behind them. Building a structure with a wide base and a narrow top is the easiest way to do monumental architecture. THAT IS WHY THEY APPEAR ALL OVER THE WORLD. Structures that open up interior space are far more difficulit to build. There is more science in, say, the Pantheon, than any Pyramid anywhere.

4) WHY WOULD ALIENS BUILD IN STONE?
If they were made of some kind of advanced alloy or something, that would make sense. We don't build many pure stone structures much anymore. Why would an interstellar civilization?

5) WHAT PURPOSE COULD THEY SERVE?
What purpose do giant limestone lumps of rock serve? Enough said.

6) WE KNOW THE CULTURAL CONTEXT OF JUST ABOUT EVERY PYRAMID EVER MADE
From Egypt, the Sudan, Rome, Mexico, Peru, thoughout Asia, we have full understanding of why they were built. Sometimes tombs, sometimes ceremonial centers. There simply is no need to invoke aliens.

7) NO ONE FROM PYRAMID BUILDING CULTURES EVER CLAIMED THAT ALIENS BUILT THEM.
We don't find any passages from Kufu thanking little green men. Nuff said.

8) THEY WERE BUILT OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS
There is no "pyramid age," as pseudo-historians claim. As the simplist of structures, they were built from the dawn of time to the present.

9) THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT WE HAVE EVER BEEN VISTIED BY EXTRATERRESTRIALS
Debate it if you want. Not one crashed spaceship. Not one alien body. Not one piece of avanced technology. Etc. No evidence.

10) THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT EXTRATERRESTRIALS CAN VISIT US
Yes, I get that given the virtually infinite nature of the universe, they have to be out there somewhere. There is no evidence that they can get to us. The nearest star is 4 light years away...there is no evidence that the speed of light can be obtained.

Nor is there evidence that intelligent life is common. Think of this: of the billions of species that the earth has nurtured, only ONE is technological. That means that given that most star systems are now thought not to be good habitats for technological life (most suns are red, and their planets tidally locked), even worlds similar to ours would still have to be in the same place of evolution at the same time. Not bloody likley. So the nearest species is probably and insurmountable distance.

No, we don't know if space warps and that kind of thing are possible. Perhaps some day we they will prove to be so, but for now, that is the stuff of Star Trek. These sorts of things simply may not be possible according to what we know about physics.

And there you have it. Give your ancestors credit for doing something very cool, and never mind the space aliens. It is really dumb, insulting, and yes, racist. Note how no one needs the aqueducts of Rome to be built by aliens.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 08:08 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Just want to get this off of my chest.

1) WE KNOW HOW THEY WERE BUILT ...
I give it two weeks before there's another thread created here discussing the "mystery" of the pyramids.

BBC - History - Ancient History in depth: The Private Lives of the Pyramid-builders

Old 03-21-2018, 01:02 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
And there you have it. Give your ancestors credit for doing something very cool, and never mind the space aliens. It is really dumb, insulting, and yes, racist. Note how no one needs the aqueducts of Rome to be built by aliens.

Peace.
Are YOU doing something cool in your job at the moment? Not many people are, so why do you think they would all be cool dudes back then?
How is it racist? Thats ridiculous and just said to be absolutely PC like the students from universities across the country are all doing.

This post just shows that you appear to believe everyting you are told to believe - which is fine of course, because there are millions like you.

You end it with 'peace' which is supposed (I assume) to mean you dont want an argument over this thread. Thats fine, but on forums like this you generally dont get a easy time over anything, mainly because we all have such different views of how the world works (for us).

In the current time frame we all see strange alien craft (not necessarily built by ET) whizzing about our skies and mankind has reported similar experiences in books, newspapers, and on rock faces throughout the ages, so why do you suppose they would not have visited then too? Unless of course, you believe ALL these strange craft are military vehicles.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:39 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Are YOU doing something cool in your job at the moment? .
Why, yes. As a matter of fact I am.

Quote:
Not many people are,
Just because you are wasting your life (not saying you are, but it sounds like that is what you are insinuating) does not mean that everyone else is.

Quote:
so why do you think they would all be cool dudes back then?
Because every era has its cool people who want to leave something for posterity.

Quote:
How is it racist?
As already explained, it is racist because no one atttributes the miracles of Greek and Roman science to aliens, only Egyptians and Mexicans.

Quote:
Thats ridiculous and just said to be absolutely PC like the students from universities across the country are all doing.
No, you lack understanding.

Quote:
This post just shows that you appear to believe everyting you are told to believe - which is fine of course, because there are millions like you.
No, this post shows that I understand and have extensively studied archaeology, history, etc. and have a very stong strain of common sense. You could really learn something if you thought about some of the things I wrote, or even just tried to answer some of the questions that I asked.

Quote:
You end it with 'peace' which is supposed (I assume) to mean you dont want an argument over this thread.
I would love an argument over this thread. Go ahead and explain to me what an interstellar civilization capable of crossing light years would need to build a big pile of rocks. Go ahead and tell me about the alien technology was found that proves me wrong. You can't. you will only manage some gibberish about a cover-up or some such nonsense.

"Peace" is what the kids used to say back in the late 90's and early two-thousands. I have taken it as my own even though I am older than that.

Quote:
Thats fine, but on forums like this you generally dont get a easy time over anything, mainly because we all have such different views of how the world works (for us).
I don't give a rat's ass how the world works "for you." If you want to prove the pyramids were made by aliens, you have to lay our a plausible explanation as to why, and show real evidence.

Quote:
In the current time frame we all see strange alien craft (not necessarily built by ET) whizzing about our skies and mankind has reported similar experiences in books, newspapers, and on rock faces throughout the ages, so why do you suppose they would not have visited then too? Unless of course, you believe ALL these strange craft are military vehicles.
I believe people have always seen strange things in the sky. I do indeed believe that a lot of them are military craft. Regardless, this is not evidence of anything. Even if some of them were extraterrestrial, for which there is no evidence, there is no straight line to the idea that they build pyramids. Again, why would they do this? Where is the evidence? Why do we have remains of mud ramps? Why are there worker's quarters by Giza plateau? Etc.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
By comparison, what are we building today, that future generations will admire and will still be around, and cause so much debate about their construction methods?...I cant think of anything even close.

Ive never found the pyramids or their construction to be that mysterious actually, but their location, in relation to other pyramids, and really their location on the planet is pretty amazing.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:38 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Are YOU doing something cool in your job at the moment? Not many people are, so why do you think they would all be cool dudes back then?
How is it racist? Thats ridiculous and just said to be absolutely PC like the students from universities across the country are all doing.

You end it with 'peace' which is supposed (I assume) to mean you dont want an argument over this thread. Thats fine, but on forums like this you generally dont get a easy time over anything, mainly because we all have such different views of how the world works (for us).

Give it up, Paul. There's no reason at all to believe space aliens built any pyramids, because building them is perfectly doable by man, with basic primitive technology. There's nothing mysterious about it at all. Have you ever visited any ancient sites with monumental architecture? If you had, you'd see that it's not a big deal, with the possible exception of the pyramids that have inner chambers. That takes more effort to pull off. Still doable, though, under the conditions that existed in ancient times. There's nothing mysterious or paranormal about it. If you had a hundred or so workers at your command, and the right materials, you could build one, yourself.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
well, i was following along until you insinuated "its racist".. Thats about the stupidest thing Ive ever heard

Old 03-22-2018, 12:36 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
well, i was following along until you insinuated "its racist".. Thats about the stupidest thing Ive ever heard
The early "diffusionist" theory--the idea that monumental architecture and other noteworthy cultural innovations emanated out around the world from a single "civilized" source--was precisely that: racist. It was promulgated in the late 1800's at a time when people didn't know any better. When, for example, American or Brit explorers stumbled upon astonishing ruined cities in the world's jungles, they couldn't believe that such exquisite and extensive monuments and temple complexes were built by the ancestors of the local "primitive" peoples. So they came up with the idea that pyramid-building spread from Egypt to various parts of the world, by various means. This obviously denied agency to the local people, positing some derivative of European or Near Eastern society as the "intelligent" source.

This is especially clear in the example of the ruined stone cities in South Africa and Zimbabwe. The racist regimes in place there were so blinded by their racism, that they attributed those prehistoric developments to immigrants from far-away civilizations. As a result of this, diffusionism became the rage in the archaeological community in developed countries, in that era.

As archaeological work on those, and other, sites progressed, however, the diffusionist theories were disproven in most cases. Prehistory came alive, as hieroglyphics began to be decoded, and other evidence made clear that it was, indeed, the ancestors of the local people who created those particular wonders of the world. Civilizations rise and fall, so what those 18th-Century explorers and colonial powers were seeing, was the aftermath of a collapse, as life in the various regions devolved to a more basic subsistence level.

With these insights, diffusionism became a dirty word, a sort of archaeological third rail, dooming anyone who promulgated it in relation to their personal research, to be treated like a pariah. This is why Thor Heyerdahl got so much flack for his theories and grand voyage experiments. But the truth is actually somewhere in-between the two extremes, and research, including genetic research, is beginning to vindicate Heyerdahl. Sometimes ideas and technologies (as well as, sometimes, plants/foodstuffs) DO travel from one part of the world to another, along with voyagers from distant lands. Though this can still be a bit of a hot-potato issue, eventually, research manages to shed light on the truth of the matter. The new tool of genetic research is priceless, and is revolutionizing earlier misconceptions about a variety of aspects of prehistory.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"They're just a bunch of dumb spear throwers, there's no way they could have figured out how to build these things without help from a superior civilization."

EDIT: Ruth4Truth beat me to it. I'll add this: intelligence follows a normal distribution, and all cultures have their geniuses. In the distance past, these unnamed geniuses were the ones who figured out how to nap a spear point, create the wheel, make a canoe, draw a beautiful cave painting, etc.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
nobody knows how the pyramids were built, except the Egyptians and the Aliens and they ain't talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal