Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,469,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, apparently the JFK files they were going to declassify, are not going to be released now as they said it would present serious national security issues, so that tells me, it must be something significant, what that could be is beyond me though, considering how long ago it was, i cannot imagine anything being THAT relevant today, but I guess it is.
There could be many things that really have no business being released to the public to protect PII and such.
Quote:
I think you misunderstood me, I most certainly WOULD panic if alien life announcement was made by Govt, Id like to think I wouldnt, but I know I would.
Well I would not. I do not think the vast majority of people would. This has actually happened before in history. When Europeans landed in the America's I am not sure anyone panicked, they did try to use the Europeans against their enemies though...
Quote:
Regarding other countries and their involvement in this, I believe the alien/UFO thing is such an important secret, ALL govts are on the same page when it comes to withholding it from the public, some govts probably know more than others, but I do believe they all know the basics. Not that long ago, the former Canadian prime minister made some comments about this, and the concerted effort to maintain the secret. I can try to find that interview and post it.
That is your belief but I am looking for proof. I do not believe what you believe at all.
Quote:
Also consider back in the early 90s, then National Security advisor, Dick DaMato investigated into UFO secrecy and found a black arm (deep state) that was responsible for maintaining this secret.
Do you have a mainstream source for this?

There is a list of National Security Advisors on this page and Dick D'Amato is not listes as one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...(United_States)

Again, if we can make mistakes on something so simple and easy verify what else can we make mistakes about???
Quote:
There are numerous articles and documents pertaining to this. and also more recently (dec 2017) when Harry Reid was talking about this, he basically said the same thing others have said, there IS a secret and there is a 'party' responsible for maintaining it.
There is an old programmer saying that many posts on this forum remind me of "Garbage in, Garbage out."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And I also posted at length some months ago. I do not know how you can support and believe NASA scientist's opinion without questioning their motivation and critically examining their presented information. It appears all is not what they tell us.
Look, you do not have to believe NASA. YOU choose to use them as a source but you can use other sources. I welcome you to do it. Please stop using NASA sources if you question their motivation.

Personally I question your opinions and question your motivation. I critically examine the information and motivation of what you present. It appears all is not what you tell us.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:39 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Hypothetically, even if some proof of a past advanced civilization was found on Mars...do you actually believe they would announce that to the public, or permit them to know about it?

I doubt it very much.
I'm still not sure I understand why it would be such a crazy thing to let the public know.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,019,580 times
Quote:
Hypothetically, even if some proof of a past advanced civilization was found on Mars...do you actually believe they would announce that to the public, or permit them to know about it?

I doubt it very much.
I don't see why not. Whoever discovered life on Mars would basically be set for life with book deals interviews, etc. Plus, the amount of funding that would pour into space exploration, science, and engineering would be huge. No - it would be profitable to reveal such a discovery not hide it.

I just don't buy the notion that "the government" knows about such things but is hiding them for some silly reason, such as "because man isn't ready." Ready for what? We already have people on Earth who "aren't ready" for anything science-related, and eventually we're going to discover an Earth-like world or more out there, so what's the plan then? Hide that, too?

Look, the Manhattan Project was one of the most top secret projects ever created by our government, and that was for good reason - not to "protect" us from space aliens, but to hide the development of a weapon of unknown destructive power in the middle of a global war. And how long did that secret stay hidden away before other nations got it? Maybe a few years at most? So, I just cannot accept the notion that the government has successfully hidden away piles of proof of aliens. For one, it would be far more profitable to reveal one's findings, and second, quite frankly, it's extremely unlikely anything of such magnitude would remain secret for long, particularly in this age.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:27 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,358,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I don't see why not. Whoever discovered life on Mars would basically be set for life with book deals interviews, etc. Plus, the amount of funding that would pour into space exploration, science, and engineering would be huge. No - it would be profitable to reveal such a discovery not hide it.

I just don't buy the notion that "the government" knows about such things but is hiding them for some silly reason, such as "because man isn't ready." Ready for what? We already have people on Earth who "aren't ready" for anything science-related, and eventually we're going to discover an Earth-like world or more out there, so what's the plan then? Hide that, too?

Look, the Manhattan Project was one of the most top secret projects ever created by our government, and that was for good reason - not to "protect" us from space aliens, but to hide the development of a weapon of unknown destructive power in the middle of a global war. And how long did that secret stay hidden away before other nations got it? Maybe a few years at most? So, I just cannot accept the notion that the government has successfully hidden away piles of proof of aliens. For one, it would be far more profitable to reveal one's findings, and second, quite frankly, it's extremely unlikely anything of such magnitude would remain secret for long, particularly in this age.
Rambler, if anyone at NASA publicly said anything, they would be in breach of security contracts they signed. As far as this secret being silent so long, it hasn't. Do your research. Many officials have come out including ex-presidents, astronauts, generals, defense chiefs, CIA directors, governors, celebrities . I can put a list together for if your interested.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Rambler, if anyone at NASA publicly said anything, they would be in breach of security contracts they signed.
Source? Proof? What about other space agencies? This all seems like made up excuses with no basis in fact.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:15 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,068,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I have a theory...there is more and more proof Mars once had a temperate climate with oceans millions of years ago. If you look at a lot of videos on youtube with Mars anomalies , there look to be ancient ruins and statues. Plus, I have read they found levels of radiation on the planet with isotopes more likely manufactured than being there naturally.

Others have speculated maybe life came from Mars. Our body clocks are set for 24 1/2 hours, matching the Martian day of 24.37 hours vs. Earth's of 24.0 hours. Why is that?

If you throw religion into the mix, there was a war in the heavens, man was cast out of paradise along with the devil. Maybe our home (eden) was Mars ? Think of life with less gravity , less solar radiation, our lifespans would increase, our bodies less stress. Part of Adam's punishment was being cast to place with thorns and thistles, groveling in the dust(more gravity), the woman now giving birth in pain. Maybe easier for them had our bodies not adapted to the new gravity?
I am fairly certain that a lot of our DNA came from entities that originated on a planet other than Earth. I believe it was co-mingled with indigenous species to arrive at the final product, homo sapiens.

From what I've read, I think Sirius was the original jumping off planet. Perhaps Mars was the initial destination but became unihabitable at some point and Earth was Plan B. But compared to all of the other creatures that live here, I will agree that humanity seems woefully out of place.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
From what I've read, I think Sirius was the original jumping off planet.
What have you read that states this? How could anyone know this?

Old 05-04-2018, 01:40 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,919,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
From what I've read, I think Sirius was the original jumping off planet. Perhaps Mars was the initial destination but became unihabitable at some point and Earth was Plan B. But compared to all of the other creatures that live here, I will agree that humanity seems woefully out of place.
The Sirius system is only 200-300 million years ago, too young for life to develop on any planets there. Or for an earthlike planet in the habitable zone to cool, and develop oceans and an atmosphere. People who claim otherwise (like David Icke) don't know what they're talking about..

Old 05-04-2018, 07:01 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,068,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What have you read that states this? How could anyone know this?
It's a theory. I read it so long ago, I don't even remember. But I have seen the theory made reference to many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal