U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:05 PM

4,910 posts, read 1,196,997 times

Advertisements

That

I read thru this earlier tonight and found it very interesting, especially the reports where the guy sees 2 human like figures in the windows, Ive seen that before in UFO reports but its rare for witnesses to see occupants, the only other one I can think of off the top of my head was from the 90s and the witnesses said it looked like a big gray square cube floating in the sky and he claimed to see human men with uniforms, walking around, looking like they were busy/ working, thru the large observation window.

Im also curious about the numerous reports that describe the strange crafts as looking like old rusty bridge steel, rivets and cross beam girter design, it reminded me of a UFO report I read awhile back where the guy managed to drive underneath this thing while it was slowly moving, it was a football field sized triangle, but he said the exterior looked exactly like an old civil war era armor plated boat, old rough black iron, large rivets, etc. This is not what comes to mind when you think of advanced civilizations mode of transportation, nor does it sound like the material man would choose to make experimental aircraft from, so...???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 03:53 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,881,675 times
I suspect this might be a hologram.

I am sure there are arty people who get creative with holograms and their little joke on the folk seeing their hologram is to show a UFO with rivets and bolts and like an old-style floating rust-bucket.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I suspect this might be a hologram.

I am sure there are arty people who get creative with holograms and their little joke on the folk seeing their hologram is to show a UFO with rivets and bolts and like an old-style floating rust-bucket.
There is a theory about UFOs being holograms, but not something the average person could pull off on their own. They would need some serious high tech stuff and Im not even sure holographic technology exists yet that is this good.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 PM

3,894 posts, read 3,134,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is a theory about UFOs being holograms, but not something the average person could pull off on their own. They would need some serious high tech stuff and Im not even sure holographic technology exists yet that is this good.

There is no holographic technology that could project objects like this into the air. If UFOs are holographic projections, it's a technology that's absolutely beyond our capabilities now and for the foreseeable future.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...042-015-2981-y

Old 05-22-2018, 10:11 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,881,675 times
Quote:
There is no holographic technology that could project objects like this into the air. If UFOs are holographic projections, it's a technology that's absolutely beyond our capabilities now and for the foreseeable future.
So they would have us believe, but not so.

I saw a TED lecture a while ago which holographically projected a moving, realtime image of a man along with the two-way conversation he was having with the presenter. OK, it needed a special room to do it at the other end, but it did not need anything particularly special on the TED stage to project it. It was like the now famous R2D2 image of Princess Leia but it was interactive. Microsoft I seem to remember although not sure.

2013 article

Only the other day, this appeared which looks as if they have plans for our mobile phone displays to become holographic.

Miniture ones

As we all know, the military is at least 10-15 years ahead of consumer products.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:08 AM

17,848 posts, read 16,086,265 times
More like 30 or 40 years ahead. I can relate my own UFO story. I saw a craft with two lights, one larger one in front and one smaller one right behind it. It was moving and looked to be heading almost straight up. Faster than a jet, but not falling star fast. Then it zoomed up and just vanished. Like in Star Wars almost, the jump to light speed. Or maybe it cloaked.
I'm quick to pass off many strange light formations as Chinese lanterns or balloons or drones. They move slowly and that can be easy to explain. But something moving like a bat out of hell, that is not explainable.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:49 AM

3,894 posts, read 3,134,638 times
You either need a screen to project a holographic image, or direct excitation of molecules in the air above the laser projector to make an image (laser plasma tech). To project a UFO in the air above someone, you'd either need a floating screen in the air or powerful lasers to excite the nitrogen and oxygen in the air -- and the latter wouldn't be able to create a stable image due to air movement. Even if it could, you wouldn't end up with a multicolored image in the air -- only an image the color of the excited nitrogen and oxygen atoms. As I said, it's a technology that's absolutely beyond our capabilities now and for the foreseeable future. You guys are way overestimating the current state of holographic projection technology.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:15 AM

10,192 posts, read 12,147,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That

I read thru this earlier tonight and found it very interesting, especially the reports where the guy sees 2 human like figures in the windows, Ive seen that before in UFO reports but its rare for witnesses to see occupants, the only other one I can think of off the top of my head was from the 90s and the witnesses said it looked like a big gray square cube floating in the sky and he claimed to see human men with uniforms, walking around, looking like they were busy/ working, thru the large observation window.

Im also curious about the numerous reports that describe the strange crafts as looking like old rusty bridge steel, rivets and cross beam girter design, it reminded me of a UFO report I read awhile back where the guy managed to drive underneath this thing while it was slowly moving, it was a football field sized triangle, but he said the exterior looked exactly like an old civil war era armor plated boat, old rough black iron, large rivets, etc. This is not what comes to mind when you think of advanced civilizations mode of transportation, nor does it sound like the material man would choose to make experimental aircraft from, so...???

The civil war type design brought to mind for me the mystery airship sightings of the late 1800's. Similar design components and had strange occupants in the craft. That design certainly doesn't bring to mind advanced technology.

There is a theory the triangles are a stealth blimp or UAV and part of a black budget spy program. One sighting that had a blurry photo taken years from below it was admitted as a hoax by the alleged hoaxers I recall.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You either need a screen to project a holographic image, or direct excitation of molecules in the air above the laser projector to make an image (laser plasma tech). To project a UFO in the air above someone, you'd either need a floating screen in the air or powerful lasers to excite the nitrogen and oxygen in the air -- and the latter wouldn't be able to create a stable image due to air movement. Even if it could, you wouldn't end up with a multicolored image in the air -- only an image the color of the excited nitrogen and oxygen atoms. As I said, it's a technology that's absolutely beyond our capabilities now and for the foreseeable future. You guys are way overestimating the current state of holographic projection technology.
How do you explain the project that was kicked around for a time for faking an alien invasion then? I believe they were going to use some kind of holograms in the sky to achieve this. I cant think of the project name right now, but I know it existed at one time.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The civil war type design brought to mind for me the mystery airship sightings of the late 1800's. Similar design components and had strange occupants in the craft. That design certainly doesn't bring to mind advanced technology.

There is a theory the triangles are a stealth blimp or UAV and part of a black budget spy program. One sighting that had a blurry photo taken years from below it was admitted as a hoax by the alleged hoaxers I recall.
I do not doubt that some of these are secret spy craft, but really drones could accomplish that much more effectively, and they would not even need human crew to pilot them, besides that, to really spy on people now, they do not actually have to have a craft or vehicle close by, they can tap into phones, computers, etc to see whats going on.

Plus if these were just secret man made craft, the pictures and video of them would not all be blurry, out of focus, or not even show up on camera at all!

Another big aspect, is the time frame...if these were man made experimental/ test craft...they would not remain secret FOREVER, eventually the technology would have trickled down to known aircraft, especially military or space. If we had this type of technology Id think military and NASA would be killing to get ahold of it! The Stealth bomber is a great example, eventually it was no longer a secret/ experimental craft, its well known and recognized today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or