U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 05:44 PM
'M'

1,770 posts, read 2,503,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Really, nobody cares enough about your political views to be up at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning to knock on your door in protest.

Here is a map of what would have happened if “Did Not Vote” Had Been A Candidate In The 2016 US Presidential Election, It Would Have Won By a Landslide.

You blame others for things and use their political views as a reason/excuse but YOU may be the issue. This is not the politics forum and you even brought your politics into here. I literally could care less who you voted for or your views on gun control...yet here we are.
Old Guard, thank you for the statistics. This is good to know. I understand you could care less about my politics. I'm glad you are open enough to care less who anyone votes for. Reps to you! I've already given you a rep for your first post. We aren't really talking about you, per se. You are out of the equation, except for the fact that you offered your kind assistance in helping me find some answers, and you did a good job of that. Thank you!

My goal was to brainstorm for all of the "possible" sources of the knocking, which also led me to snooping people who dislike my personal opinions. I did cover a lot of ground, so it probably drove a few people nuts. This is a complicated issue and I understand why you are unable to follow it, the same way I am writing it, and intending it. Yes, I may be the issue, and "they" are also the issue, especially with the current situations. I knew better than to use public, unsecured WIFI in a bible-thumping town while surfing some out-of-the ordinary topics on unsecured WIFI. We'll just need to agree to disagree on this one. I do appreciate you taking the time to brainstorm my thread because you made some good points..

Also, as I stated in a previous post, I am relatively certain it was some type of paranormal activity that was the source of the knocking. Although not totally ruling out judgmental, snooping/hacking people, sociopathic people, either.

Last edited by 'M'; 04-28-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:45 PM
'M'

1,770 posts, read 2,503,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Fascinating...odd...you just want to KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, I'm sure.....
greatblueheron...yes, thank you, that is what I'd like to know and I think I'll just let that go since I think I realize what happened

Old 04-28-2018, 07:18 PM

10,396 posts, read 7,478,326 times
I hear knocking at night in my house, usually when whatever critter decides to chew on something in the wall or attic.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:51 PM

8,144 posts, read 7,469,555 times
Why didn't you just call the front desk? Or if there is no owner/operator on property I'm sure they left you an In Case Of Emergency number.

I can't imagine why you just didn't call management.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:55 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,715,230 times
Air in the water pipes.

Or critters in the walls.

There is usually a logical explanation.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,927,789 times
'M', Many times in our daily lives, unknown to us, we open a portal to the spirit world.
One subconscious thought is all it takes.
It is a well established fact that not all spirits are back into the spirit word, upon leaving the body they were encased in during some lifetime existence.

Many, for what ever reason, are unable to get back to that world, and as a result, wander around in a void, desperately trying to find ways to either return to this corporal existence, or move on to the world of the spirits.
I believe what you experienced is exactly that.
A "lost" spirit is trying to gain your attention in the hope you are able to release it from it's state of limbo.

This happens mostly with "younger" spirits, for they are not use to the regiment the older spirits take for granted, as it applies to returning to the world of spirits.
What usually triggers this state of limbo is the sudden death of the body in which the young spirit was encased.
It may have been a human that met with an untimely death, and the spirit was not ready to give up that existence, and is trying to return to it's earthly experience.(which it can't).
Being a younger spirit, it reaches out, and searches for anything that it feels will help return it to the life it knew.

What you are hearing is the steady, somewhat demanding, desire of a young, inexperienced spirit reaching out for guidance.
Subconsciously you opened the door(so too speak) for this spirit to use you to help it gain direction.

An older, more experienced spirit would not be locked into a limbo state.
It has direction, and the will to return to the spirit world, where as a younger one does not posses these qualities all the time.
They must be learned over time.

I would bet the farm, should you return to that lodge, and perhaps a different room, you would experience the same things that you experienced this time.

The only way this younger spirit will ever be released from it's limbo state will be when elder spirits intervene, and guide it back to the world of spirits.
That does happen, but until that occurs, you can bet this spirit will be knocking on many other doors, and not just the ones near you.

I have had a few experiences with "lost souls" that are in limbo, and I called upon other spirits to seek out the lost ones, and help to guide them home.
I had an experience a few years ago, where I came upon a lost spirit, while in a taping session(EVP).
Through my research, I knew the only way this lost spirit was going to get help, was not through me, but by other spirits.
In my many communications with spirits, I explained my experience, and that I hoped they could resolve the issue of this wandering spirit.
It may have helped, because I never heard from that spirit again.

As with your experience, many of us open portals to the other side, without ever knowing it.
We see, or hear something strange, and can't figure out what it is.
Why is it happening?
I could give you, and others, who may at some time, experience similar events, the way to deal with these intrusions.

First off, one needs to understand when we experience these events, we have opened the door to spirits who, for one reason or another, seek us to free them from their bondage.
Obviously we can't free them, but we can be the conduit that insures that at some point, they will be released from that which holds them in limbo.

Bob.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Got a creep stalking you
Go creep hunting during that period
Go across the street and wait it out during that period
Be sure to leave the tv on and a bathroom light to lure him

Old 04-28-2018, 09:39 PM

121 posts, read 37,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Did you knock the door when you first arrived to the room?

One of the "rules" when you stay in hotel is to knock the door before you enter. I always do this when staying in hotels unless I forget, guess it applies to motel all the same.

If you didn't which I bet is, 'something' was probably trying to teach you good manners..
Why knock the door to an empty room?

Old 04-29-2018, 02:33 AM

2,537 posts, read 888,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron
Fascinating...odd...you just want to KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, I'm sure.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
greatblueheron...yes, thank you, that is what I'd like to know and I think I'll just let that go since I think I realize what happened
Are you saying now that you're pretty sure what the knocking was?

Back in 1967 I was traveling in Europe with a friend during which time we young folks rented one room in a boarding house in Sheffield, England for a couple of weeks. During this time I would spend a couple of hours each night typing out a journal on the little typewriter that I carried with me.

Late one night as my friend slept (in the one room, remember), I was tap, tap, tapping on my typewriter with one finger () filling out the day's activities in my journal. The night was quiet and, so quiet in fact, that I was a little anxious that my tapping the typewriter keys might echo through the entire house and wake everyone up. Then I heard the sound of footsteps coming down the street. They arrived at the paved driveway which was to the right of the bay window to the back of me. I was sat at a table. The curtains were closed. The sound of the footsteps were distinct. There was clearly 'someone' out there. Anyway, they turned into the driveway and walked to the back of the house. The sound gradually grew distant. While the hour was late (maybe midnight or close to it) this didn't really concern me since, after all, other people occupied the same house. Perhaps someone had a unit at the rear of the house and they were returning after a night out.

Then I heard the footsteps return up the driveway, pass close to the bay window to the back of me, turn the corner on reaching the top of the driveway, and then continue on up the street until, again, the sound faded. I was a tad curious but I continued typing. Then the sound of footsteps returned. They got closer and closer and eventually reached the driveway. Then, the same thing occurred ...they walked down the driveway to the back of the house. Then they returned, reached the top of the driveway, turned and walked up the street. By this time I was feeling a tad nervous since I noticed a couple of chinks in the curtains and I would have clearly been back-lit from the street. I got a touch of the chills and adjusted the curtains accordingly before going back to my journal.

Then, the same thing occurred. Footsteps. Someone came down the street, turned into the driveway, walked to the rear of the house, returned a minute or so later and walked back up the street. By now I was pretty freaked out so I decided to give the journal a miss and turned out the light. Then the sound of footsteps returned. When they reached the top of the driveway I sneaked up to the curtains, opened them a wee slit and peeked out. The footsteps passed right in front of the corner of the bay window. Whoever it was I would have seen them since a nearby street lamp gave out a fair amount of light. Even so, I was a tad nervous peeking out at someone.

But ...THERE WAS NO ONE THERE! That was it! I pounced on my sleeping friend who awoke with quite a start. I told him immediately to "Sssshhhh!" Then HE heard the footsteps as they continued down the driveway and asked, "Who's that?" I returned to the window and beckoned my friend to join me. We both waited for the footsteps to return to the top of the driveway ...which they did. Had there been anyone there we BOTH would have seen them. The top of the driveway was only a few feet away from our viewing area. THERE WAS NO ONE THERE BUT THE FOOTSTEPS CONTINUED TO BE HEARD BY BOTH OF US! This occurred over and over again, right up until we both fell asleep through sheer exhaustion. We discussed the next day the previous night's events and attempted to give some reasonable explanation for what had occurred. We couldn't come up with anything that made any sense. And so the incident would forever remain a mystery to us.

Some years ago I came across that house on Google Map. It was located on Carter Knowle Road, Millhouses, Sheffield. I imagine that it's still there and it gives a good view of the scene described in my story, the bay window, the drive-way, etc. I'll try to locate it again on Google map and, if I can figure out how to do it, present it on this page.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,966,341 times
Could have been a tree branch or loose gutter tapping against the side of the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or