U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 04:40 AM
'M'

1,766 posts, read 2,481,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Be sure to follow up with us, OP. We love updates!
Will do, Ruth4Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 06:25 AM

50,405 posts, read 49,735,451 times
Was there a refrigerator in the room? Sometimes they make noises that sound like knocking. My refrigerator at home does, and so do the ones in the Holiday Inn Expresses where I stay when traveling.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:29 AM
'M'

Mightyqueen801 - thanks. It wasn't the refrigerator, hon...

Old 04-30-2018, 07:49 AM

50,405 posts, read 49,735,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Mightyqueen801 - thanks. It wasn't the refrigerator, hon...
LOL, OK. It's something I find annoying as heck.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:50 AM
'M'

I saw an answer a few minutes ago where the poster mentioned an employee stalking women guests WIFI connections, and snooping on their internet surfing. Now this post isn't in my thread?? That also sounds somewhat possible, but not likely. I suspect our public WIFI gets stalked more times than we know. This is one way hackers steal our financial data, etc., but I don't keep that kind of info on my hard drive. Still, it's the principle of the thing...who wants to be stalked, for any reason, even if it's virtual stalking? This is why I use my hotspot now instead of public WIFI....although I had no signal at this lodge....it was between some mountains and that kills cell phone hot spot signals. Very common when living in a mountainous area.

WIFI stalking is very easy for trolls to do...unless we go to an HTTPS browser, I think is the method. I've scrolled through all the posts here and cannot find this post...sorry, I would rep you if I could find it. Aha! - another mystery in the making. A mysterious City Data Forum poster who now cannot be found.

The thing that doesn't make sense on this one is...if this was the WIFI Troll person who was knocking, I would hear footsteps on the wood plank floors on the stair landing by the door to my room. No rustling sounds. Just the knocking. No footsteps were heard, no other noises. Only the knocking...4-5 measured knocks each time. I suppose they could sneak in one of the rooms and do the knocking...they might have the keys to the place if they work there.

Remember: there were no other occupants EXCEPT the couple who owns this lodge. Their "home" is in the office....it's a large building and looks like their residence. No other guests. All the other rooms were UNOCCUPIED. She told me that later the next day. This is "low season" right before the heavy tourist season starts in Colorado. It's not unusual for a place to be empty during this time.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:20 AM
'M'

Default Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, OK. It's something I find annoying as heck.
Thanks, hon.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:18 AM

3,992 posts, read 3,199,664 times
Quote:
WIFI stalking is very easy for trolls to do...unless we go to an HTTPS browser, I think is the method.
Get a free VPN (Virtual Private Network) like this one, and use it whenever you're on wifi. It creates a secure tunnel to a server elsewhere in the country/world which protects whatever content you're viewing or transmitting and anonymizes your connection.

https://www.hotspotshield.com

I use one called NordVPN, but it's more techie - and isn't free.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:00 AM

2,054 posts, read 959,896 times
Please don't open the door to things that you might not be able to control.

Using 'occult warfare' to punish your enemies might seem like a good idea to you but you will be opening yourself up to forces that you can't control. You don't want spirits to become attached to you either.

Has anything happened to you since you have left this place?

And didn't someone in this forum have a story about being in a house somewhere in the woods and hearing strange noises from outside?

Old 04-30-2018, 10:10 AM

5,565 posts, read 1,345,419 times
Quote:

Indian land is notorious for this kind of thing. Was anyone ever with you in the bedroom when this happened? To be more specific, did they hear the balls, too?
No, anytime I told my aunt and uncle or my parents about, they just laughed and told me it was probably nothing to worry about. Im not sure why I never asked them to stay in my room one night. Thankfully I was only living there for about 7 months.

The house is gone now though, they tore it down years ago to make a road thru the area. It was very scary to me back then, but looking back, all it did was make a lot of noise, nothing else.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:26 AM

22,360 posts, read 21,377,719 times
M, you wouldn't necessarily hear someone on the steps or in the hall if they'd taken their shoes off and were being as quiet as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or