U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:34 PM

9,321 posts, read 14,469,467 times

Advertisements

Did you have a phone in the room? A call to 911 would have sent notice to whoever was knocking. They would probably not use that area again, at least for awhile.

Just don't watch Psycho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM

11,099 posts, read 18,834,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
I saw an answer a few minutes ago where the poster mentioned an employee stalking women guests WIFI connections, and snooping on their internet surfing. Now this post isn't in my thread?? That also sounds somewhat possible, but not likely. I suspect our public WIFI gets stalked more times than we know. This is one way hackers steal our financial data, etc., but I don't keep that kind of info on my hard drive. Still, it's the principle of the thing...who wants to be stalked, for any reason, even if it's virtual stalking? This is why I use my hotspot now instead of public WIFI....although I had no signal at this lodge....it was between some mountains and that kills cell phone hot spot signals. Very common when living in a mountainous area.

WIFI stalking is very easy for trolls to do...unless we go to an HTTPS browser, I think is the method. I've scrolled through all the posts here and cannot find this post...sorry, I would rep you if I could find it. Aha! - another mystery in the making. A mysterious City Data Forum poster who now cannot be found.

The thing that doesn't make sense on this one is...if this was the WIFI Troll person who was knocking, I would hear footsteps on the wood plank floors on the stair landing by the door to my room. No rustling sounds. Just the knocking. No footsteps were heard, no other noises. Only the knocking...4-5 measured knocks each time. I suppose they could sneak in one of the rooms and do the knocking...they might have the keys to the place if they work there.

Remember: there were no other occupants EXCEPT the couple who owns this lodge. Their "home" is in the office....it's a large building and looks like their residence. No other guests. All the other rooms were UNOCCUPIED. She told me that later the next day. This is "low season" right before the heavy tourist season starts in Colorado. It's not unusual for a place to be empty during this time.
No posts have been deleted. As the mod, Id see it. You probably saw it somewhere else on C-D.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:58 PM

1,025 posts, read 379,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Last night i spent the night as the only visitor in a rustic lodge/cabin type setting. My room was in a small building with two main floor rooms, two second floor rooms, and one top floor unit. These rooms are the size of the average motel room. Before bed last night, between 9PM and midnight, periodically I would hear a steady knock-knock-knock-knock-knock...the same rhythm that would be used if someone was knocking at the door.

This was not the kind of knocking that is occasionally heard from the heating system, or for that matter from a romantic encounter in the next bedroom. As I said earlier in this post, it was a steady knock as if someone was using the knuckles of their hand to knock on the door to announce their arrival.

Before bed, the knocks seemed to come from the common wall in the bathroom. Overnight, I was awakened by the same knocks, they were loud enough to act as an alarm clock and woke me up. I froze when I heard the overnight knocks because the room was dark and it almost sounded as if the knocks were coming from my door, which was kitty cornered from my bed. I "talked myself down" ... LOL!! to stop feeling as if an unknown someone was knocking on my outside door in the middle of the night.

When I mentioned this to the owner today, she said I was the only person in the lodge last night.

While I was in my room last night, I used the lodge's WIFI with my laptop. I did the usual news reading and read the reviews for some books on Amazon.com.

In reviewing this mystery from last night, I am wondering if someone could have been able to use the WIFI to view what I was looking at on my laptop. If they didn't have the same political views as I do, they may have knocked as a way to call attention to what I was looking at on the news, etc...and it may have been opposed to what their own views are. This is a conservative town and I am a liberal Democrat...so my views are often different from the people living in this town (I lived here for 9 years a few years ago).

As far-fetched as this may seem, I'm trying to get at the source of those knocks. This is a very nice lodge and I would like to stay there again. I could live with the knocks before bed, but the middle-of-the-night knocks woke me up several times, and were very frightening because they sounded like knocks made with the human hand, on the outside door into my room.

Also last night...I was looking at a book review for a book titled Magickal Attack: Silence, Bind and Crush Your Enemies With The Art of Occult Warfare. I've had some horrific narcissistic and sociopathic abuse in the past several years and was very curious about this "magickal warfare" the book discusses. Now I wonder if the knocks were from spirits, using them as my wake up call, to signal to me not to use these tactics. Could it be possible that even those middle-of-the-night knocks were spirits who wanted me to have a "wake-up call" about not using magick that could harm someone. The truth for me is

I would only use spells for a person's highest good, but needed to sort through what was there. I would not do that, but I did want to read the review of this book to see the comments from the people who use them.

Thoughts?
Yeah wild animal. If the place was empty except you they may have a small wild animal problem in one of the rooms.

Knocking in my attic
If you hear knocking noises in the attic, it could be several different species. It's interesting how sounds manifest - sometimes the activity of squirrels or raccoons sounds more like thumping or knocking than scratching or walking. This could be due to squirrels dropping nuts, or wood creaking, or a raccoon stamping on the ceiling. As usual, an inspection in the attic to look at feces is the best bet. Read my animal feces identification in the attic guide.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:04 PM

4,640 posts, read 2,391,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
No posts have been deleted. As the mod, Id see it. You probably saw it somewhere else on C-D.
I mentioned using HTTPS in the first response in this thread. It is not foolproof but it would add a level of security. VPN would be best. Still it would be a lot of trouble for someone to go through just to mess with someone. Why even bother when you could use this data for financial gain as opposed to messing with someone?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:12 PM

2,508 posts, read 3,540,765 times
This reminded me of our stay at an older hotel in NYC. First night we had a banging sound off and on sometimes hours in between the sounds. It was borderline knocking vs banging, not loud but annoying. After the second night I finally said something to the manager. He came up in the afternoon and investigated it. No noises but he walked around our floor until suddenly we heard about two or three knocks.

Long story short on the other end of the hotel there was a boiler room I think which had metal hot water pipes and when the boiler came on it shook the pipes in that room which in turn moved the pipe that ran down the hall by our room and at the point near our room the pipe would bump against a piece of wood in the wall or ceiling and that is where we got our noise from. At times at night it almost sounded like someone in bed with a restless foot against the bed frame. It was so hard to discerne where it had been coming from

They changed our room out no problem and it actually worked out in our favor as we had a view of the Empire State Building and the World Trade Center lit up each night.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:31 PM

2,644 posts, read 2,365,860 times
Perfect setting for a Stephen King scene with his usual choice of classic oldies music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYr7I4gOSXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pcve7daxNM
Or you should have sang....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSaSyg7mjM

Go watch the Criminal Minds episode "Paradise" season 4

Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 AM

2,417 posts, read 2,795,996 times
From what you've said I dont seriously think this is your solution, particularly in the middle of the night, but this might make you laugh bearing in mind where I live...

We live in an apartment block, and the folks who live upstairs are always making sounds like this. It drives me absolutely crazy because I have no idea what they are doing. So I guess they must be chopping vegetables or meat or something similar, making casserole or stews etc.

I can imagine the recipe - Take some similar sticks of celery or some potatoes, carrots and chop into even pieces. Maybe even using a chopping board to chop up meat into mince. The sound is often a regular 5 or 6 knocks/bangs pretty much each time.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:31 AM

1,167 posts, read 443,212 times
I had this once in a hotel near Blagnac Airport, Toulouse, France.
It was a woman, knocking repeatedly, and loudly at the door.
Eventually I had to get out of bed, to let her out.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:54 AM

1,231 posts, read 487,216 times
The house we built in VT would have a loud knock coming from an outside wall many nights as we lay in bed. I believe it was the siding contracting, it was a dark color and that side faced west.

Now where I live I hear loud knocks coming from the sunroom. I believe it is the wood framing slowly giving way (water damage).

My point, old buildings make a lot of noise.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:22 AM

3,764 posts, read 3,029,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Perfect setting for a Stephen King scene with his usual choice of classic oldies music...
And let us not forget Fats Domino:

I Hear You Knocking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or